Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks BEAUTIFUL! I love the new CBB too :D
Thanks so much Jackie! We lost (and gave away) so much during the 15 months in temporary housing in our garage. It will take some time for the corals to really grow in and look like a reef, but it's nice to see how far we've come during the past 9 months.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much Jackie! We lost (and gave away) so much during the 15 months in temporary housing in our garage. It will take some time for the corals to really grow in and look like a reef, but it's nice to see how far we've come during the past 9 months.
It really looks fantastic and I understand what you've been through as you know. I gave away over 80 frags just a couple of weeks before my tank had the power outage to help three other people that had tank crashes recover. I am so glad they weren't still in my tank when that happened and was able to help them... the Lord works in mysterious ways for sure [emoji12] Maybe now I can get rid of those nuisance paly's and start over.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I <3 your reef! :D

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New fish babies arrived today:
Terelabrus sp. 2
Psuedojuloides kaleidos pair

Thankfully, they were well-packed and arrived in excellent condition. They are currently hanging out in one of our 30g QT's.

xaflatoonx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you had mentioned the CBB being huge - but that FTS with the CBB in the smack middle gave some real perspective on how BIG it is...
what a beauty you guys - absolutely love getting updates on your tank and looking at your pics.

Post a video if you get a chance please.

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seen back in one of your pictures you have a large sea cucumber. What type is it and would you recommend it?

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking amazing. Love your fish choices :)

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you had mentioned the CBB being huge - but that FTS with the CBB in the smack middle gave some real perspective on how BIG it is...
what a beauty you guys - absolutely love getting updates on your tank and looking at your pics.

Post a video if you get a chance please.
Thank You for the Awesome compliment - we truly are appreciative! The FTS really does put the CBB's size into perspective - and also shows I was not being overly dramatic in my description - Ha! And we will definitely work on some new video.

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seen back in one of your pictures you have a large sea cucumber. What type is it and would you recommend it?
We have 3 sea cucumbers - two are commonly called Tiger Tails and typically hide during the day. The one in the picture has been with us since 2003 and we have no idea what species it is. They do a great job in cleaning detritus from the sand bed, but do come with the risk of poisoning fish if they eviscerate (typically a defense response) and release toxin.

We had an incident a few years ago where one of our sea cucumbers released toxin when it wedged into a tight space in our rock work causing the rock to shift a bit. We lost 3 of our fish that were sleeping in the area. So, while it doesn't happen often, it can. We ended up having to do massive water changes and ran carbon to remove the toxin and also made changes to the rock structure to lessen the risk of a sea cucumber wedging itself into the rock work and causing shifts.

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a very short little clip of a couple of little cuties hanging out in one of our 30g quarantine tanks. Of course one of the pencil wrasses was a bit camera shy and dove into it's bed...

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice.
whats your quarantine regimen for wrasses?

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice.
whats your quarantine regimen for wrasses?
I usually give them a few days to settle in QT, make sure they are eating and observe for parasites. For ich, I prefer hypo treatment as it is easiest on them. They will go thru 2 rounds of prazi as a preventative for flukes.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back