The Journey Continues - Mike & Terry's 280g Reef Savvy

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is getting used to me - no more diving into his sand when I walk up to the QT tank. Not a great pic, but it'll do for now:
What a wonderful fish.
You mind asking a little more about the QT for wrasse? I tend to see that wrasse are more resistant to diseases than other fish around the aquarium stock.
They hardly have ich and do survive better compared to other fish.
Most problematic is to get them to eat.
Do you have other experiences?

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your welcome!

What a wonderful fish.
You mind asking a little more about the QT for wrasse? I tend to see that wrasse are more resistant to diseases than other fish around the aquarium stock.
They hardly have ich and do survive better compared to other fish.
Most problematic is to get them to eat.
Do you have other experiences?
While it is rare, I do occasionally get in a new wrasse with ich - more so with Cirrhilabrus and Paracheilinus genera than with others. What I typically find, is that many wrasses come in with flukes which is why I treat them all with prazi whether they are showing signs or not. I do agree that getting them to eat can sometimes be a challenge.

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought we would share a video taken with Terry's iPhone earlier this week. The color is off, but it'll do for now:

We will make some time to work on a new "non-phone" video this weekend.

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm slowly working towards having such a wonderful busy mix of fish in my tank too! Looks fantabulous :D
Thank You! Some of them have been with us for several years and all of them are spoiled rotten, LOL.

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our new toy arrived today...
IMG_3482 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3487.JPG

IMG_3486.JPG

IMG_3488.JPG

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! I love stuff that looks like it came off the space station. I too considered this but space restraints made me go with an ATS

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! I love stuff that looks like it came off the space station. I too considered this but space restraints made me go with an ATS

Wow that thing is a beast! Would love to get one. Interested to see what you guys think of it

How do you think the new A.R.I.D will preform compared to your algae turf scrubbers?
@Black Pearl Haha... that was our first thought too - definitely looks like something built for NASA.

@oceanslide Yes, it is, and the next one up makes ours look like a "pup", LOL. After our initial reaction on seeing the reactor, I have to say the craftsmanship is superb. We're waiting on the Pan World pump to arrive and will post an update once installed.

@bubbaque Our Santa Monica ATS has been running like a champ for several years, but it is seriously WAY undersized for our heavy bio-load. We would need at least 3 of those ATS's (about the same price as the C30) to be in the ballpark with our feeding regimen.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back