The Journey Continues - Mike & Terry's 280g Reef Savvy

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been a busy Father's Day weekend for Mike who single-handedly knocked a couple of projects off of our reef "To Do" list.

On Saturday, he replaced and tested the marine battery for our battery backup which runs our return pump and SRO 6000sss skimmer in the event of a power outage:

On Sunday, he tackled the Pax-Bellum A.R.I.D. C30 installation. We had originally planned to use a Pan World 40PX, but decided a direct feed from our chiller return (Pan World 150PS - 1100 gph) which also feeds our 60g frag tank made more sense.

We should also mention that we purchased the optional Ca Reactor Feed/Injection Assembly for the A.R.I.D. C30 which allows us to direct excess CO2 from our calcium reactor to the C30.

Now let the growing begin... :cool:
How are you liking the Carx feed to the reactor? I am curious if it has helped raise PH at all?

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike, and Terry,
I know you have discussed the sand you use and reskimmimg the thread, I just can not find it again. Can you please tell me what sand you used? I am completely redoing my tank and would like to use the same sand.

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been thinking of doing a battery system similar to what I saw in the pic a few pages back. I was contemplating using a bank or two of golf cart batteries and a RV Inverter/Converter(charger) with a built in ATS (automatic transfer switch).

What did you do exactly - can you outline the pieces, how you put it together, and how its working out for you?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
:(

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Mike&Terry I've just been going back through this thread again and enjoying all of your beautiful photos. I hope you guys are doing well and that the reef is still growing and doing great. Miss seeing you guys around and reading your updates.

kangadrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updates? Would love to see this tank again, just read through the 300 build thread and this one as well.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Just went through the whole thread and it looks awesome....but 6 month without a peep is little worrisome.

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, someone logged into their account recently:
Mike&Terry was last seen:
Apr 17, 2018

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back