OP
pdiehm

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got home and my apex went from .150 to .50 for an IP address. Created a static address in the router, and turned off DHCP. We'll see if that fixes the disconnect issues.

The good news is, when I got home from work all the pumps were on still.

OP
OP
pdiehm

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news, the fix apparently worked! been 18 hours and haven't been disconnected!

woo ha. but as I suspected the shutting of the pumps and heaters off probably killed all the bacteria that came with Dr. Tims One and Only. Ammonia is sitting at 2ppm and 0 Nitrite 4 days in. Looks like have to do it the old fashioned way...patiently.

Jeremy Luke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy wife......
I let mine start a YouTube channel for my new build... She loves to make videos and post them. It's been great because anytime I buy new things or make adjustments it creates a video opportunity for her so she encourages new acquisitions :D

OP
OP
pdiehm

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have nitrites! Not quite 0.25 but definitely not 0. Ammonia holding steady at 2ppm.

But she is cooking now.

90 gallons of rodi is made. Need about 33 more for the big mother water change at the end. Hoping sometime next week to move the clowns into the tank. We will see. They are 100% right that barebottom tanks cycle slower.

OP
OP
pdiehm

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am convinced my sand was causing most of my problems.

SPIREEFER

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am convinced my sand was causing most of my problems.
I am too but I didn't restart, just siphoned off all of it and the tank has been holding steady parameters. Sps are doing great well at least the 4 frags I have it's been 3 weeks already hoping it stays that way.

OP
OP
pdiehm

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am too but I didn't restart, just siphoned off all of it and the tank has been holding steady parameters. Sps are doing great well at least the 4 frags I have it's been 3 weeks already hoping it stays that way.

Mine would look good for a few days and that was that. As you can see in the pics, the one of the bucket was the norm as I drained. Just disgusting.

Plan is to stick this with my fish, and Christmas, or there abouts add some fuzzy sps and go from there. Will also have added some zoas by that time on the bottom. Sps on the rocks, zoas on the bottom glass. If it goes like I have in my mind. Will be cool as F.

SPIREEFER

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine would look good for a few days and that was that. As you can see in the pics, the one of the bucket was the norm as I drained. Just disgusting.

Plan is to stick this with my fish, and Christmas, or there abouts add some fuzzy sps and go from there. Will also have added some zoas by that time on the bottom. Sps on the rocks, zoas on the bottom glass. If it goes like I have in my mind. Will be cool as F.
Sorry I mistyped by siphoned I mean literally removed the sand, the water in your pics looked like mine so removed all sand and did 30% water change.

OP
OP
pdiehm

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I mistyped by siphoned I mean literally removed the sand, the water in your pics looked like mine so removed all sand and did 30% water change.

Yeah, I thought about that but just figured 2 fish and an anemone, why not remove everything, start over with clean rocks.

Really looking for a 6x80W T5. If I find one reasonable, will jump all over it.

B+
Actinic
Coral +
B+
Actinic
Purple +

SPIREEFER

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I thought about that but just figured 2 fish and an anemone, why not remove everything, start over with clean rocks.

Really looking for a 6x80W T5. If I find one reasonable, will jump all over it.

B+
Actinic
Coral +
B+
Actinic
Purple +
I feel your pain I installed radions and now am trying to find tune them, it's a learning curve but hey at least it gives us something to read lol. I installed bioppellets, carbon, and gfo also dosing 2 part.

Donovan Joannes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I waited for 2 years to learn the basic reef keeping, establish my bio filtration system, getting my thick skull remembering some water chemistry and more importantly keeping my SPS temptation properly locked. Nothing happens fast in this hobby, two years probably too long but getting home everyday and greeted by the tank is priceless.

OP
OP
pdiehm

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once again the apex loses connection and for the 7th time since I did the firmware update the system lost all my program code.

No friggin clue why it is doing it.

OP
OP
pdiehm

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, did a reinstall of the firmware. This time, the IP populated when I hit the magnifying glass AND it found it prior to doing the Web Server update.

Crossing fingers, I am hopeful that the first time, it just didn't completely get done. I am fairly confident it got done this time.

OP
OP
pdiehm

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about ready to take a sledgehammer to the apex. for about the 50th time in a week, it lost connection to Fusion, which in turn removed the EB8, which in turn erased my coding.

I don't think it's a fusion issue, but now I'm convinced it's an apex issue.

OP
OP
pdiehm

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No offended. Looked at it recently, for me to get the stuff I have with the apex (ph, temp, salinity), would cost too much at this point.

But woke up and it was disconnected. Got out my handy dandy power strip, plugged everything into it, and essentially wiped the apex clean with an init memory.

anyhows, time to marinade some ribs, some chicken, and do some swimming today.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back