The joys of a migraine with a reef tank

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a bad one today and it’s my maintenance/WC day. On top of that it’s sunny and wanna hang with the kids. It’s rough even when I dim the lights it’s still like looking directly at the sun. Any body else blessed with the gift of migraines? I take Imitrex but that makes me nauseous but that still better than a migraine. Too much of a pita to turn the lights off to Vacuum the detritus And use a flash light. There are some great natural remedies out there but it’s not legal in my state. It’s hard to explain how disabling these are if you have never had one before. Sorry to complain it kinda made me feel better. Just curious how many of us deal with these. Here are some Picts to To help visualize

5CE57004-2A5F-4836-9F87-A3770315FDE9.png EAC92639-7508-4526-8445-D305C8E3AE50.jpeg

Sumbub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't say I have it as bad as you. I have immense headaches when the weather changes. Just like you, I have light sensitivity when I get it and even the dimmest night light bulb feels too bright in a dark room. I feel for you.

ImGoingCoastal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can sympathize! I've had them so bad they've caused me to throw up. I'll literally sit in a shower with the lights off until the water runs cold. I haven't had too many like that in a while. I did have a pretty bad headache yesterday while traveling. It makes it impossibly hard to focus and think. And I agree, people that don't have them just don't understand....

Somewhat funny story. I had a bad migraine immediately following prom. Everyone went to a house party and was drinking. Except for me. I was there, but was asleep in the middle of the living room floor. Fortunately everyone left me alone until it was time to leave. When they woke me up to go, I jumped up, ran outside, and threw up in the neighbors bushes. Ironic that the guy yacking in the neighbors yard didn't have a drop to drink!

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know how you feel. They suck and are debilitating. I get cluster headaches. Much like a migraine but come in spurts. Same time every day for weeks on end then nothing for months and months then back again. I have Imitrex but hate taking it. Fioricet works well on me but its hard to take that or Imitrex while working. A strong CBD oil is the newest tool in my arsenal made locally by a friend.

OP
OP
Waynerock

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I swear if some military could make a ray gun that makes people have migraines there would be no wars. Everyone would be laying on the ground in the fetal position with a cold towel over there heads

Acan_Fan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better soon! Eventually the natural remedy will be legal everywhere. But most work places will still not allow it. Unfortunate!

Back