The Key to Zoanthid Growth - Is it Iodine?

mike werner

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
56aaf8103e5e0d9bb6ee21da08fad983.jpg
e61b0af9cafd0d3dcd3df6e2a032a250.jpg

Are these the components you buy ?
What you mix them with ?
"aquaforest new video for users".view this thread on r2r for the mixture

rosshamsandwich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't able to keep them growing at a good rate or any rate for many years.dirty tank,clean tank,iodine,skimmer,no skimmer you name it I probably tried it.so three other reefing buddies and I all decided we would get on the aquaforest component 123 ,3 part system.first month better growth,second month even better growth.we are all on the 5 month or so mark and all I can say is wow.i have two tanks one 54gal no skimmer one 200 gal all the bells and whistles.one high nutrient (54gal) one low nutrient (200gal) both tanks now show incredible zoa as well as sps,lps and a few softies growth.it's kinda crazy but 4 different guys 6 different tanks and we ALL have noticed incredible growth and coloration in all our corals not just some.
this product is amazing in our opinion and I highly recommend you polyp people try it out.just my 3 cents for what it's worth.
what do you attribute in it that is causing this growth? trace elements???

mike werner

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep,i takes a little time for the tank to adjust to the equal dosage.no ill effects just mag levels may be high or low but after a few weeks it all levels out.i sent out a water sample after about two months and one last month and all my levels were spot on.i don't use af salt or all of the other pruducts they recommend .just 123,amino mix and probiotic to keep the nitrates down.i've spent alot more on other additives with far less results i'll tell ya that.
this stuff really is what i'm saying it is.it's commonly sold out at the few sites that sell it.that imo says something.i don't think it would be sold out if it didn't work.please keep me posted if ya decide to go with it.i don't think you will be disappointed with the results.

andre zaharchenya

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep,i takes a little time for the tank to adjust to the equal dosage.no ill effects just mag levels may be high or low but after a few weeks it all levels out.i sent out a water sample after about two months and one last month and all my levels were spot on.i don't use af salt or all of the other pruducts they recommend .just 123,amino mix and probiotic to keep the nitrates down.i've spent alot more on other additives with far less results i'll tell ya that.
this stuff really is what i'm saying it is.it's commonly sold out at the few sites that sell it.that imo says something.i don't think it would be sold out if it didn't work.please keep me posted if ya decide to go with it.i don't think you will be disappointed with the results.

I mix kalwasser in ato and manually dose Red Sea colors but I want to try af abc on my frag tank since I’m planning to grow mostly zoas. If you can help me and share how you mix it so I can get started that would be awesome. :)

mike werner

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still use kalk in my ato.i put about a half a cup in 30 gal. of water.i don't replace it but every 3 months or so.alk with af stays around 8.5 dkh.i use the recipe provided by af for mixing.you can find it on here or youtube.

Zos4me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any fish in frag tank ? What is your frag tank set up ?
Do you have any fish in frag tank ? What is your frag tank set up ?
I have 2 big pieces of live rock,1 tomato clown fish, a frag rack, multiple hermits and snails. I use a 30 dollar hob filter and a tunze 9004 skimmer. I have a marineland reef capable led light and use red sea salt with the Brightwell trace elements and reefroids and reef chili

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back