The life of copepods in my sump. UP close and personal!!! What they look like.

Shar29

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a look at what copepods look like. There's tisbe pods, cyclops and lots of others. But you can see them up close and personal here. My tank crashed since I left for 6 months and my sister took care of it during the time. I ended up giving to my brother, but at the height of it I didn't have to feed my clowns or mandarin. They would just feed on any algae/pods that got pass the sump chambers and into the return pump. I didn't use any filter sponge or sock. I was 1st chamber cheato return, 2nd chamber crushed coral and rocks, 3rd chamber was the return to tank.

Sarcazian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice video! It reminds me of my 36g bow + sump back in the day. Some would say the tank was infested, but I loved watching the litter critters.

What camera and lens did you use to record that? 100 mm with a few extension tubes?

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool copepod video. Here is one close up.

I took this through the Hubble Telescope turned backwards.

OP
OP
S

Shar29

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the tisbe turn around and yell at the cyclops at 3:20 saying get off my butt!!! I'm the wrong species :D
They do have a personality haha. Show's you they aren't just mindless pest looking at that reaction. Funny how small they are, but they do have a brain and a personality.

Back