The Magic of Our Reef Community: Share what keeps you coming back to Reef2Reef!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey fellow Reef2Reefers!

At Reef2Reef, we strive to be a special place where reefers from around the world come together to connect, learn, and share their passion for these stunning marine ecosystems we keep in our homes. Many of us have found a family here in this community (and more than a few of us spend more time here than we probably should! Haha!). Today, let's celebrate the magic of our reef community by discussing what keeps each of us coming back to this community time and time again. What makes R2R special/unique to you? Share your thoughts and experiences on what makes our forum a place you love to be. What are some of the things you enjoy most about our community?

These kinds of conversations are important because it helps us to identify the kinds of values in our community that keep R2R a vibrant and thriving place to be! Let's continue to build this great community together!

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I come back daily because the rate of new joins, threads, posts, help jobs is 20x faster than any other site and it lets me work remote jobs in other people's tanks to completion at a very fast rate. from that data set, the outcomes, changes in how I handle my own tank are ran/it hyper evolves my own system's lifespan to practice in other's tanks as much. the work jobs do not end, hundreds and hundreds of threads on various cycles, tank transfers, invasion fixes, upgrades downgrades etc.

the rate of feedback quickly evolves my practices in these core areas of reefing and the results gained for others quickly streamlines, I find this fascinating high-stakes science. killing someone else's reef tank would be horrible, making it work better is excellent, people want the remote work done and when surfing other forums for jobs it's as slow as molasses.

it's the ultimate reef sim, the never ending work threads.

Last edited:

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much on the tv that’s a joke
Learning from other people with more knowledge than me .
Making friends
Seeing people from all over the world mixing with each other and all have the same passion the Saltwater hobby

Mav88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t spent much time in other forums mainly because there are certain users here that I can trust, and the answer to nearly any question I have is easy to search for. I also enjoy lurking in build threads and seeing how other people try to accomplish the goals I’ve set for my own tank.

Kevinmj70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I learn something new, am entertained and inspired everyday. I am just 18 months into the hobby, still new enough to count the time like a toddler. Today I found a local source for incredible looking coral. I read and saw pictures about someone acquiring a beautiful new borbonius anthias. Another day, another dose of crazy hitchhiker photos and worries. My questions are answered quickly. It’s my job, as everything in life, to evaluate and way the information provided. My tank and I would be much worse off and maybe I’d be out of the hobby if not for R2R.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The main thing … to help others to pass on the help and advice that kept me going when I started.
with a open mind and the ability to see things from a different perspective . There is always something new .

the conversations on many topics whether they’re serious , or jokes and banter

It’s amazing how we are reminded of our systems years ago from troubles we had , livestock we adored or admired . To the one coral or fish we have never been able to keep .

r2r is not only a forum, but a family

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's an addiction at this point if I'm being quite honest...
That’s honest …
I was thinking the same but I wanted to elaborate a little more .

I sometimes think it’s more than an addiction .

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its great to be able to talk about things I care about with similar people online without having to worry about the nonsense that made me quit social media.
I’ve gave up with all social media except for here .
The good thing about here , everyone has similar interest . But opinions are so extreme

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back