The Mindstream is DEAD!! I'm getting mine soon!

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it matters not.
The m8ndstream was short lived.
It's still running for a lot of well known people who got a crap load of disks. The srever is still up and being maintained and the last time I heard (just before Covid) the building was still being paid for and all the equipment was inside.

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's still running for a lot of well known people who got a crap load of disks. The srever is still up and being maintained and the last time I heard (just before Covid) the building was still being paid for and all the equipment was inside.

I did not know that, well thats good for thoes that have them.

But from what I remember reading the disks have a short shelf life, part of, if not the main reason for the subscription in the first place.

In any case all that can be done is wait and see.

With Covid-19 soon to crush our economy the Mindstream will not get the investors now, and IMO will have a greater potential to disappear.

I know this is a negative outlook, but no doubt a realistic one.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not know that, well thats good for thoes that have them.

But from what I remember reading the disks have a short shelf life, part of, if not the main reason for the subscription in the first place.

In any case all that can be done is wait and see.

With Covid-19 soon to crush our economy the Mindstream will not get the investors now, and IMO will have a greater potential to disappear.

I know this is a negative outlook, but no doubt a realistic one.
No its very true. After this Covid virus is behind us the economic landscape is probably going to be very different. Many well known companies will disappear and all the ones that had no reserve cash or solid equity are going to be toast. BTW I think the disks had a one year lifespan if unopened.

SuperDodge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mindstream monitor was the biggest disappointment of my reefing career. I remember being in love with the concept for at least a couple of years BEFORE they did the Kickstarter. And then it just drug on and on and on. I never bought one because I hate subscription models - but I'd still be interested if someone could revive it.

mrlavalamp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mindstream monitor was the biggest disappointment of my reefing career. I remember being in love with the concept for at least a couple of years BEFORE they did the Kickstarter. And then it just drug on and on and on. I never bought one because I hate subscription models - but I'd still be interested if someone could revive it.
First time I saw this was 5 minutes ago.

$1000 cost and then $40 a month required subscription, its amazing they didn't disappear faster.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Count me in also. I would buy one tomorrow if they came back up for sale.
As for the $1000 price tag, that is cheaper than buying both GHL units or buying an Apex and a Trident and you get about four or seven extra tests including including CO2. It's well worth $40 to have real time data on ten parameters for a month and they always hinted that two more tests were going to be added at some point. Add into that no reagents to handle, no pumps or purging of hoses to deal with and it was the ultimate water testing system.

SR Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Count me in also. I would buy one tomorrow if they came back up for sale.
As for the $1000 price tag, that is cheaper than buying both GHL units or buying an Apex and a Trident and you get about four or seven extra tests including including CO2. It's well worth $40 to have real time data on ten parameters for a month and they always hinted that two more tests were going to be added at some point. Add into that no reagents to handle, no pumps or purging of hoses to deal with and it was the ultimate water testing system.
Agree, for tank filled with HW alike high end acro. $1000 isn't much. We are just used to cheap equipment and high price Coral game for too long.

iambenfields

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If Neptune hasn’t tried to acquire these guys I would wonder if they’re asleep.

the development costs for something like this are huge, and a shuttered company where all the hard work has been done that apparently are still paying their rent??? Can *I* buy the place??? (seriously - if you guys are reading this, get in touch.)

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If Neptune hasn’t tried to acquire these guys I would wonder if they’re asleep.

the development costs for something like this are huge, and a shuttered company where all the hard work has been done that apparently are still paying their rent??? Can *I* buy the place??? (seriously - if you guys are reading this, get in touch.)

https://mindstreamh2o.com/contact Their contact page is for investor and acquirer inquiries, give it a shot!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I edited the title. ;)

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so now seneye is the only accurate cycle umpire we have in this hobby? noted.

if seneye ever goes down, it's all back to .25 all day long, cycling hope will be lost.

Last edited:

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man was I starting out to say I’m buying this right now!!!
The monthly fee is what held me back, then I saw it was back filling orders.... if only this could come back to life without a high monthly fee!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back