The Mindstream is DEAD!! I'm getting mine soon!

Jeff_H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I get it. Definitely understand the necessity of water quality. I guess I was just saying seems pretty steep just to be able to monitor but STILL have to have some other way to actually do something about it. Definitely seems cool though, wouldn't mind constant monitoring in my tank. For now though saving my lil pennies for a new light setup
No doubt the price is steep, but when you compare it to the Neptune Triton, you will be paying even more for the complete setup to have it auto dose as well. (Apex head unit, Triton, DOS).

On the auto dose topic, I don't know if I would ever let it auto dose for me. I've watched several technical videos about the Triton and doing this task "safely" appears to be very involved. For me, dose corrections are not something I need to do daily or weekly, so I'm fine with having it just monitor and alerting when things drift out of range. I might manually change my dosing schedule to flatten the swing between day and night, but I will see after I get some readings.

As others mentioned, it's not necessary to have a monitor like this, and I wouldn't look at adding one until you have the rest of your systems setup, but after you start to get an investment in time, corals, fish, etc. I think it provides an extra level of protection that could save you thousands of $$$ from a tank crash. Plus the insight to other parameters in your tank we don't normally measure or even could easily.

Darrell Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed now that you can order 3 per customer it used to be 1 per customer maybe they are finally catching up on orders. Just sent them an email if they could give a day that it might ship.

cjpitt80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No doubt the price is steep, but when you compare it to the Neptune Triton, you will be paying even more for the complete setup to have it auto dose as well. (Apex head unit, Triton, DOS).

On the auto dose topic, I don't know if I would ever let it auto dose for me. I've watched several technical videos about the Triton and doing this task "safely" appears to be very involved. For me, dose corrections are not something I need to do daily or weekly, so I'm fine with having it just monitor and alerting when things drift out of range. I might manually change my dosing schedule to flatten the swing between day and night, but I will see after I get some readings.

As others mentioned, it's not necessary to have a monitor like this, and I wouldn't look at adding one until you have the rest of your systems setup, but after you start to get an investment in time, corals, fish, etc. I think it provides an extra level of protection that could save you thousands of $$$ from a tank crash. Plus the insight to other parameters in your tank we don't normally measure or even could easily.
Yeah, def understand that. Clearly this ain't a cheap hobby :). I guess the so called "Holy Grail" would be an all inclusive set it and forget it monitoring and dosing solution. Right now, I just do Triton ICP testing and a 4channel doser. I can def see the benefit of nearly 24/7 monitoring though. Well...maybe I'll win one or somebody will buy me one LOL

Darrell Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
emailed them last week to see if might get a day when they was going to ship I order july 1 they got back with me Tuesday with this email.
Hi Darrell,

We are working hard on meeting the increased demand and staying committed to our prior commitment of 6-8 week shipping lead times. We realize that we are nearing the end of the shipping lead time commitments and plan to provide a more thorough answer for you before the week is over. Once we have additional details we will be sharing the update with you.

Thank you for your continued support and patience. Please stay tuned for important updates over the next few days.

Best,

Ryan Kinkel
Customer Service Manager

phone: 802.399.2494
email: [email protected]

6 Green Tree Drive | Burlington VT 05403
802.399.2494 | Mon-Fri 8-6 PM EST
www.MindStreamH2O.com

Confidentiality Note: Dissemination, distribution or copying of this email or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient, or an employee or agent of a system responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender and delete all copies.

Sent: Friday, August 23, 2019 6:25 PM
To: SAI Support <[email protected]>
Subject: Shipping

Name: Darrell Brady
Email: [email protected]
Subject: Shipping
Message: Believe placed order on july 1 was wandering if I might could get date when this would ship. Thanks ,Darrell

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What pushed me to the mindstream is I came to the conclusion I would never let something autodose for me yet. Especially equipment that uses a lot of moving parts, it's just too easy for a couple bad readings. I just sold my alkatronic which was amazing, but being alerted my doser was not running (my fault a couple times) proved to me the value of alk readings, but also how small dosing corrections are not needed as testing every few hours didn't have much all variations.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. I have received the same responses. Frankly if they are selling that many. I am shocked we do. It have more reviews and updates.

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. I have received the same responses. Frankly if they are selling that many. I am shocked we do. It have more reviews and updates.

It can't be that there is so much demand they can't keep up. If this were the case, they would likely have just given people longer shipping windows when they purchased. Something has brought their production to a standstill. They can't even give a timeline right now, and they are missing the 8 week shipping window for buyers. I wonder if the machine broke that makes their discs--it's got to be something like that....

ddrueckh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can't be that there is so much demand they can't keep up. If this were the case, they would likely have just given people longer shipping windows when they purchased. Something has brought their production to a standstill. They can't even give a timeline right now, and they are missing the 8 week shipping window for buyers. I wonder if the machine broke that makes their discs--it's got to be something like that....
Your post makes no sense and you have nothing to back it up with. You are just posting misinformation which is not helpful to the forum.

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your post makes no sense and you have nothing to back it up with. You are just posting misinformation which is not helpful to the forum.

I've been waiting for 9 weeks for mine, they have missing two promised shipping dates and they have not responded to my last query for 24 hrs. Is that helpful for you?

ddrueckh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been waiting for 9 weeks for mine, they have missing two promised shipping dates and they have not responded to my last query for 24 hrs. Is that helpful for you?
Not really. Ask Neptune when a Trident will arrive. Doesn’t mean production has stopped or some big issue.

Darrell Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will see what happens they said they would give update by the end of week. I would think right now all there time is being devoted to macna.

blstravler

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Do you know where they are produced?

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Good news! I stand corrected. I just got a shipping notification for delivery on 9/3. I ordered on June 26th, so that will be about 10 weeks from order to delivery.

I guess whatever had them stalled was resolved.

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got notification also. Ordered mine July 4th.
Great, glad to hear it. They aren’t shipping in order though, I placed my order early July 3rd. I bet they just got a bunch of packages ready and sent them all on the same day.

Jeff_H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was an original Kickstarter investor so am guessing we get priority.
I'm guessing you are correct. I was not on the Kickstarter, but ordered mine July 1st and still have not received a shipping notice yet.

Jeff_H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As an update for those still waiting for your order... I received an email from MS this morning apologizing for the delay in shipping, but my order should ship next week.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back