The Mindstream is DEAD!! I'm getting mine soon!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They told you two weeks..???? hmm... i am hearing 12 weeks.. Getting caught up.. Time will tell. I am now on the fence of cancelling my order.. it has been pushed back and pushed back.
12 weeks from 'when'. Today - or the date of ordering. Where are you hearing 'what you're hearing'. Frankly - I'm surprised that more people that are complaining (rightly so) - don't have concrete information from the vendor as to what the issue is. 'I am hearing' is not that convincing.

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously - have you ever heard of the old saying 'the squeaky wheel gets the grease'? Call them - I get a live person every time I called (pressed Option 2) - question about my mindstream (granted it may not always be possible) - but Call them and press them. Talking about it here may not be the best option?
Squeaky wheel should get zero grease unless they are determined to destroy their reputation altogether. If I hear of someone that ordered after me getting their product before me because they called, I know I will be highly offended and I’m sure others will be just as upset.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Squeaky wheel should get zero grease unless they are determined to destroy their reputation altogether. If I hear of someone that ordered after me getting their product before me because they called, I know I will be highly offended and I’m sure others will be just as upset.
I agree - I think offended might be a bit extreme. But - either way - Call them lol:). I meant you. If you call them and get a different answer than I did - I (Capital I) want to hear about it as well - because I dont want to be taken down a rosy path. What I find problematic is comments like 'I hear', which are not firsthand - but merely rumor. Call and ask about your order - and complain.

For example - if I ordered a bottle of Vibrant from BRS - I wouldn't be posting daily on a thread (not that you are - but some people are - almost daily) - that they havent gotten their vibrant yet lol. It seems really counterintuitive. Call them and complain (you should be the squeaky wheel that gets the grease - not me - my order isnt even at 6 weeks yet). Hope you take this in the friendly spirit in which it was meant

Darrell Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously - have you ever heard of the old saying 'the squeaky wheel gets the grease'? Call them - I get a live person every time I called (pressed Option 2) - question about my mindstream (granted it may not always be possible) - but Call them and press them. Talking about it here may not be the best option?
Trust me I have called them texted them several times there always nice tell me would be shipping out on a so an so week but has never happened .

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Trust me I have called them texted them several times there always nice tell me would be shipping out on a so an so week but has never happened .
I meant (I guess) - have you ever said - hey guys - I've called x times - I keep getting the run-around - if you dont ship my equipment (which I paid for) by xxxx date - im cancelling my order. Because - this would infuriate me. That said every time I've called them (about various issues) - they have met or exceeded my expectations.

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told last week it was 6 to 8 weeks from when I placed the order which was 9-1-19 (another 4 weeks to go) I will post when it arrives. If it goes to 12 weeks, I will cancel the order as I won't trust the company at that point and would have serious concerns about their ability to deliver on the monthly "discs".

ironman187

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What test kit 'model' doesnt require repeat purchase of reagents, etc? Im just curious - because they all do - now - maybe theirs is more expensive than it should be - IDK - but this seems to be odd. It would be nice if you described why you think coralvues monitor dosing combo looks attractive, when its coming out, whether there will be a delay *(like there has been with trident - due to high demand), whether its accurate, how much maintenance is required etc (note - not a snarky question - but a real one) - though discussing it may 'derail the thread'. Coralvue, IMO - is not exactly a 'sure thing' either.
That's a silly comparison, last time I checked I was not forced to buy test kits every month. As for the Coral Vue, at no point did I make any definitive statements about it, I merely stated that it "looks attractive". The rest of your commentary about the Coral Vue isn't relevant. I'll leave you with this hypothetical question. I wonder how reefers have been testing and dosing their tanks for the past 4 decades or so?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's a silly comparison, last time I checked I was not forced to buy test kits every month. As for the Coral Vue, at no point did I make any definitive statements about it, I merely stated that it "looks attractive". The rest of your commentary about the Coral Vue isn't relevant. I'll leave you with this hypothetical question. I wonder how reefers have been testing and dosing their tanks for the past 4 decades or so?
you're not forced to buy discs every month either - you still have access to your data, etc (from what the company told me) - its just that the (new) data MAY not be valid. You can stop buying disks - and restart when you want to.

I didnt make any commentary about coralvue - except how I feel about it as a company. And - Coralvue monitoring/control is 'far from a sure thing' . Maybe I wasnt clear enough - I dont (and WONT) ever use a controller for my tank again - after my experiences with another major vendor - so - I am just interested in measurements - not dosing, etc - I can do that myself (like people have been doing for 4 decades). That said - Reefers have been testing and dosing their tanks well without anything from Coralvue as well - so why would it be interesting (to you)? IE - does Coralvues system (admittedly I didnt research it - but I will) - not require an expense to 'keep it running'? If so that is a 'subscription' - basically (and I thought that was what you were objecting to?

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree 1000 percent. NO auto dosers for me. It takes 2 seconds to pour into a measuring cup and I don't have to worry about over dosing or not dosing if something breaks or malfunctions.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I ordered on July 8th i was told 8 weeks.
I heard on this thread someone that ordered only a few days before me has it in hand
I emailed them and they do respond.
Three weeks ago when I asked ok where is it .. i was advised they are looking at but cannot guarantee shipping out 10 11-19 and that is was on the floor being constructed.
so yes taking 12 weeks.

Darrell Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard on this thread someone that ordered only a few days before me has it in hand
Three weeks ago when I asked ok where is it .. i was advised they are looking at but cannot guarantee shipping out 10 11-19 and that is was on the floor being constructed.
so yes taking 12 weeks.
I ordered mine july1st an getting the same answers your getting. From my last phone call with them it would be shipping this week. I think they are having issues an there not letting aanybody no anything.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m guessing there is a more significant issue. I have barely heard anything from anyone about having a Mindstream, or the data. There are what, maybe 4 people on R2R who have it?

Even the OP. I’m pretty confident if his unit was working, he would be more forthcoming with the results....

Could you tell me whether your Mindstream functioning as intended, OP? I can’t figure out how to tag you LOL, there are too many Daniels and I can’t use “@“ or it ends the results. Maybe a #mod could help me figure out how he is tagged lol

@Daniel@R2R

Last edited:

Hair Algae Wizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m guessing there is a more significant issue. I have barely heard anything from anyone about having a Mindstream, or the data. There are what, maybe 4 people on R2R who have it?

Even Daniel, the OP. I’m pretty confident if his unit was working, he would be more forthcoming with the results....

Agree, this has me worried as well. I'm surprised by the lack of reviews or feedback on efficacy,

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How did you do that? I can’t have the second “@“on my iPhone...It closes the tag list. Thanks!

Just type it out and it will still work. Daniel had to mess it up!! Lol!

ddrueckh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I PM'd Daniel last week and asked how the MindStream was working for him. I hope he doesn't mid me posting his reply:

"I'm really enjoying mine so far! Being able to track trends in real time is super helpful".

Though the reply is not very detailed, it doesn't seen like he is having any issues.

Dave

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so yes taking 12 weeks.
I ordered July 3rd and they told me third week of October, maybe a few days after you asked. It seems the date slides at least a day for every day that goes by.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 30.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 81.2%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.8%
Back