The Mindstream is DEAD!! I'm getting mine soon!

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
more delays... mine is pushed back again.. just wondering how many are shipping out a day..

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
more delays... mine is pushed back again.. just wondering how many are shipping out a day..
My guess would be none .

Must every Mindstream thread devolve into this conversation? Can't we keep the complaining about supply issues to the one or two threads dedicated to that particular topic? There's no need to troll every MS thread and spam it with your doubts and concerns.

Paul Sands

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Must every Mindstream thread devolve into this conversation? Can't we keep the complaining about supply issues to the one or two threads dedicated to that particular topic? There's no need to troll every MS thread and spam it with your doubts and concerns.

Maybe mindstream could actually ship the products within the timeframe that they promised. That would solve the entire problem.

This is a discussion board. People are free to discuss why the product is shipping months later than promised when people dropped $1,000 to order them. Unless mindstream come on to clear up the reasons, then people are going to continue to discuss it.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What’s the suggested conversation then? How it’s been super awesome waiting since July 1?

I’m genuinely curious what should be discussed about a product that is not being delivered to paying customers. Is silence the recommendation? Also curious if you paid them $1000 over 100 days ago for nothing at this point.

It’s as easy to say must every Mindstream thread devolve into drinking the kool-aid and trying to convince each other everything is just fine?
1571070158927.jpeg

Paul Sands

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve created a new thread to try to get a better understanding of how late these things really are:

U

User1

View Badges

Turn around is fair play? We see it in the Trident threads as well.

Kidding of course. Well, not really. I am. In any case the good news is there is demand. The other good news is maybe they caught something and needed to make change. Win win for everyone who is looking at it.

The bad news is no updates going out with regards to communication - at least as seen by the posts I read here and elsewhere. Of course that isn't everything. Just my opinion but the bigger concern is the requirement to pay upfront "AND" the delay "AND" the lack of "perceived" communication.

I say this as a Trident owner who was playing Dora the Explorer for over four months before a few R2R members tagged a few of us with a in-stock alert. That is how I was lucky to get mine. In this case you guys and gals are going directly to the source so a bit different.

Other than the demand seems to be high. Who knows but best of luck on getting it. Some of us do know the feeling.

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe mindstream could actually ship the products within the timeframe that they promised. That would solve the entire problem.

This is a discussion board. People are free to discuss why the product is shipping months later than promised when people dropped $1,000 to order them. Unless mindstream come on to clear up the reasons, then people are going to continue to discuss it.

You're right. This is a discussion board. I am discussing. I'm sorry it's not words you prefer to hear, however I have just as much right to voice my opinion as anyone else.

What’s the suggested conversation then? How it’s been super awesome waiting since July 1?

I’m genuinely curious what should be discussed about a product that is not being delivered to paying customers. Is silence the recommendation? Also curious if you paid them $1000 over 100 days ago for nothing at this point.

It’s as easy to say must every Mindstream thread devolve into drinking the kool-aid and trying to convince each other everything is just fine?
1571070158927.jpeg

I would think the suggest conversation in this thread is for the OP to post his thoughts and experiences with it since he does have one. I don't think posting about how you don't have one, lends to his original intent. And maybe he's fine with the turn the thread has taken, and that's great if that's the case.

Kidding of course. Well, not really. I am. In any case the good news is there is demand. The other good news is maybe they caught something and needed to make change. Win win for everyone who is looking at it.

The bad news is no updates going out with regards to communication - at least as seen by the posts I read here and elsewhere. Of course that isn't everything. Just my opinion but the bigger concern is the requirement to pay upfront "AND" the delay "AND" the lack of "perceived" communication.

I say this as a Trident owner who was playing Dora the Explorer for over four months before a few R2R members tagged a few of us with a in-stock alert. That is how I was lucky to get mine. In this case you guys and gals are going directly to the source so a bit different.

Other than the demand seems to be high. Who knows but best of luck on getting it. Some of us do know the feeling.

I also understand the grievances of those voicing them. However, seeking out every Mindstream thread to post the same thing over and over is clearly not garnering any better response from the company as far as I can tell. It just seems like we're getting the same fear mongering posts from the same handful of people across all Mindstream threads. It doesn't seem productive as far as getting any more specific/original response from the company.

ClearLife

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going way out on a limb here, so bear with me.
I believe the device is deriving alkalinity with a PH and CO2 probe. I think their discovering the CO2 probe they are using is drifting a lot more than they had hoped and thus causing their calculated alkalinity readings to drift alone with the CO2 probe.

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the device is deriving alkalinity with a PH and CO2 probe. I think their discovering the CO2 probe they are using is drifting a lot more than they had hoped and thus causing their calculated alkalinity readings to drift alone with the CO2 probe.
Why do you believe that is the case?

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

There still really isn't any reasonable quantity of people who have one and are posting it.... so yeah, all mindstream threads resort to this.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Define what probe you think they are using, if you think it is drifting?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Reminds of the old saying 'two wrongs dont make a right'. In the Apex/Trident threads - it was people who had ordered the product complaining (or those who wanted to) - some here are just 'agitating' - and its not just this thread - its every thread they post on

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There still really isn't any reasonable quantity of people who have one and are posting it.... so yeah, all mindstream threads resort to this.
As many have said in many other threads - the people happy with a product are less likely to post than those that are not. In any case - Are you ordering one? Thinking of ordering one? Or just agitating?

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As many have said in many other threads - the people happy with a product are less likely to post than those that are not. In any case - Are you ordering one? Thinking of ordering one? Or just agitating?

I think I have identify with option “E”, all of the above :).

I doubt the unit is currently functional as advertised, given how they continue to miss shipping dates without keeping any of their customers informed. Typical Kickstarter failure tactics. Keep collecting money, keep pushing the deadline, disappear to Morocco :)

Last edited:

RedSea500MaxS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My darn Ca is for some reason all over. Alk no problem but corals are hating the Ca changes.

i am sick of testing. I need a testing device! Which one?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back