The MOST BEAUTIFUL coral you've ever seen? Does it have to be rainbow?

Do the amount of colors a coral has play a big factor when you consider it's beauty?

• YES

Votes: 150 50.5%
  • NO

Votes: 139 46.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 2.7%

• Total voters

clffthmps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My graffiti war and Bowerbanki.

6884D97B-7D0A-436E-8A3B-B78E5DFAC9A5.jpeg 5C002CC5-FAA2-4399-8FF1-2DDEFE5240F3.jpeg

mattdg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The first time I saw a huge, thriving Red Capricornus in a 120 gallon display tank at my local LFS, back in 2000, I was hooked. The thing was bright red/orange, a foot across and growing into the glass. All I wanted, was to someday, see something like that thriving in my home display.

To this day, I still appreciate the coral we consider "easy". I am now a seasoned reefer, keeping all the colors of the rainbow. That Red Cap is still one of the most stunning corals, I have ever seen in captivity.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
1. What is the most beautiful coral (get specific) you have ever seen in person and why do you say that?

I would have to say War Scoly. Something so natural looking like it was splattered with paint !!

1597702626602.png

2. Do the amount of colors a coral has play a big factor when you consider it's beauty? If not then what is it?

It invites consideration but i have also been convinced that the prettier they are, the prettier the price. While Impulse plays a role, Its a matter of " How much do I want it ? "

gotmesalty77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most beautiful coral that i have ever seen was at MACNA 2019 at the aussie corals booth. It was a wilsoni and it totally blew my mind. After that i was mildly obsessed with them. The one i saw in person was rainbow however ive seen many that are equally as stunning that arent rainbow. The price tag and the overall mortality rate of them kept me away from them until last Christmas. I was at one of the big local LFS here in orlando and i found one in the discount bin that was basically not far from death. I decided to buy it because it was 30 bucks and figured that it was worth rolling the dice. It took a long time but i nursed it back to health and i got it fully colored up. It went from being bleached to shades of green and blue with nuclear green throughout. Its by far my favorite coral.
The amount of colors doesnt really matter to me if the coral itself its beautiful. There is something inherently beautiful about corals no matter what the colors to me.
bleached wilsoni.jpg
i 20200817_213449.jpg

Last edited:

RajV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just love this rainbow mango acropora . My eyes can see the different colors typically in the evening when my whites come down. Its so gorgeous to see multiple colors on the coral . U cannot get a good picture so i have included a screenshot from a different website. The coral sticks are from my tank as you can see the picture isn't good. The last picture more pinkish red was rajen 6 months ago

Screenshot_20200817-213216.jpg cameringo_20200720_174211.jpg cameringo_20200810_184714.jpg cameringo_20191227_152536.jpg

Last edited:

Vette67

Reefing since 1997
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most beautiful coral that i have ever seen was at MACNA 2019 at the aussie corals booth. It was a wilsoni and it totally blew my mind. After that i was mildly obsessed with them. The one i saw in person was rainbow however ive seen many that are equally as stunning that arent rainbow. The price tag and the overall mortality rate of them kept me away from them until last Christmas. I was at one of the big local LFS here in orlando and i found one in the discount bin that was basically not far from death. I decided to buy it because it was 30 bucks and figured that it was worth rolling the dice. It took a long time but i nursed it back to health and i got it fully colored up. It went from being bleached to shades of green and blue with nuclear green throughout. Its by far my favorite coral.
The amount of colors doesnt really matter to me if the coral itself its beautiful. There is something inherently beautiful about corals no matter what the colors to me.
You can't tease us like that and not post a picture!

ACReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my orange and blue acan and my splatter hammer and rainbow ricordia.

Chessmanmark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the brilliant colors of marine fish drew most of us to the hobby, then chasing unique colorful coral becomes an addiction.
Sure we love the crazy color contrasts, but movement in a reef tank can be under rated. At a distance movement draws the eye and when up close the interest of a reef tank is often discovering what you didn’t see initially.

Bonifacio

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree, wish they had more color variations and didn't spread like cancer, apparently they can break off and spread in the tank so having it on it's own island doesn't matter
True.

I buy a rock with pulsating xenia put it on the sand and the darn thing do not pulse. after about one month it still not pulse but a patch of it appear on the top of the rock work and it pulses... how it went to there...

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 53 48.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%
Back