The MOST beautiful fish and fish types in the hobby! Do you have one?

What "type" of fish do you think are the overall most beautiful fish in the hobby?

• Angelfish

Votes: 264 31.0%
  • Anthias

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Basslets

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • Blennies

Votes: 7 0.8%
  • Butterfly Fish

Votes: 44 5.2%
  • Clownfish

Votes: 32 3.8%
  • Dartfish

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Dottybacks

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • Dragonets

Votes: 81 9.5%
  • Eels

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • Foxface

• Gobies

• Hawkfish

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Jawfish

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Pipefish

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Seahorses

Votes: 10 1.2%
  • Tangs

Votes: 129 15.1%
  • Wrasse

Votes: 170 20.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 40 4.7%

• Total voters

GeoSquid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He likes to nibble on a certain smooth colony I have but it grows right back. The other 5 triggers don't even look at the corals. They are in a 90g that's being replaced by my new180g. Just planning the transfer all out.
You have 6 Triggers? Dang. What types do you have other than the two favorites you listed?

Last edited:

tamanning

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a dwarf angel. A coral beauty. I love the colors and just watching as he moves in and around the rocks.

scardall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
clown trigger, one of my favs.

Attachments

• clown-trigger.jpg
    clown-trigger.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 32

Pêcheur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. What ONE fish do you think is the MOST beautiful fish in the hobby? I have to say my Helfrichi firefish is the most stunning fish I’ve ever owned. Having never seen one in person, I imagine an interruptus angel to be the most beautiful.

2. What "types" of fish do you think are the overall most beautiful fish in the hobby?(Angels, Wrasse, Gobies, and so on etc?) As a whole, I voted Angels and wrasses would be a close runner up.

Julchen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Puffers are my most favorite fish.
I have a GSP in almost full marine (FOWLR, 55gal) and he is flourishing. This fish is the reason why I made switch to saltwater tank.
I love his bright neon green colors and his personality. But honestly I love all puffers in general fresh and marine.

VLR3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Damsels are the most underrated IMO. Sure they’re jerks but the variety of colors and shapes is very impressive. I’ve always thought it would be cool to do a big tank with as many different damsel species as I could get. I don’t know if that would work though being that they are buttheads but if it did, it would be gorgeous.

bigjgmac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. What ONE fish do you think is the MOST beautiful fish in the hobby? Princess Anthias

2. What "types" of fish do you think are the overall most beautiful fish in the hobby? Butterfly Fish
This is really a toughi, question 1 in particular.

1) I'd probably say emperor angelfish (don't have any angels myself)
2) As a group, wrasses - that one is easy for me.
3) I think tangs are beautiful fish as well, particularly the zebrasomus ones: well proportioned.

bigjgmac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Damsels are the most underrated IMO. Sure they’re jerks but the variety of colors and shapes is very impressive. I’ve always thought it would be cool to do a big tank with as many different damsel species as I could get. I don’t know if that would work though being that they are buttheads but if it did, it would be gorgeous.
It's an unusual answer, but I can't disagree. The diamond-shaped ones (four stripe, domino, etc) are really jerks, but in my experience the longer ones like the yellow tail and the Fiji blue are pretty good citizens.

Sunny in Miami

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. What ONE fish do you think is the MOST beautiful fish in the hobby? Princess Anthias

2. What "types" of fish do you think are the overall most beautiful fish in the hobby? Butterfly Fish
Mandarin Dragonett. They are so beautiful and peaceful and trainable. I have a spotted mandarin that is trained to come to the surface to feed. She also takes food that I put on top of the Mag Float.

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While it would be impossible for me to answer either question in regards to the entire hobby, my vote for most beautiful fish that I've had (a long, long time ago) would be for a juvenile Garibaldi.
15143312503_1bf7933be3_b.jpg

Those electric blue spot would dance around looking like an eye boggling psychedelic poster.o_O (Not my picture)

jake royston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue hippo tang... always wanted one after seeing one in a LFS in Ventura when i had a freshwater tank... And now I have one :).

Expected to only have one or two tangs, but now that i have done some research and seen just how beautiful they are, i want them all! :oops:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back