The most favorite anemone type of the R2R community is.....

What is your most favorite type of anemone?

• Bubbe Tip

Votes: 300 47.5%
  • Long Tentacle

Votes: 21 3.3%
  • Rock Flower

Votes: 105 16.6%
  • Carpet

Votes: 64 10.1%
  • Mini Carpet

Votes: 12 1.9%
  • Condy

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • Ritteri/Magnifica

Votes: 74 11.7%
  • Tube

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Sabae

Votes: 12 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 1.3%
  • NONE

Votes: 26 4.1%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In a recent QOTD we talked about your favorite inverts and the ANEMONE was the over-all vote leader! Today let's talk more about THE ANEMONE! This is what @LiveAquaria has to say about the sea anemone: "Most Anemones are sessile with a specialized foot used to anchor them in soft substrates or attach themselves to rocks and corals. Provide excellent water conditions, moderate to strong current, and intense lighting. Bits of shrimp or other meaty foods can be used to supplement their diet." Let's discuss!

1. What's your favorite type of anemone and why?

2. How many anemones do you currently have?

bigstock-Closeup-And-Macro-Shot-Of-The--308923330.jpg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a recent QOTD we talked about your favorite inverts and the ANEMONE was the over-all vote leader! Today let's talk more about THE ANEMONE! This is what @LiveAquaria has to say about the sea anemone: "Most Anemones are sessile with a specialized foot used to anchor them in soft substrates or attach themselves to rocks and corals. Provide excellent water conditions, moderate to strong current, and intense lighting. Bits of shrimp or other meaty foods can be used to supplement their diet." Let's discuss!

bigstock-Closeup-And-Macro-Shot-Of-The--308923330.jpg

1. What's your favorite type of anemone and why? current favorite is rock anemone but had been RBTA. Preferring rock anemones over RBTA because:
- varied colors
- shorter/smaller (than RBTAs)
- less coral touching concerns
- less self relocation (but, this could be luck... and change at any time)

seven - 4 RBTA and 3 rock anemone (down from high of 13 RBTA & 1 rock anemone)

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think all anemones are beautiful. Except aiptasia. I guess they would be fine in their own system and you can throw in a copperband with them. But that's a different story and subject.

I had a wild green bta. At least I am sure it was wild. It died a slow painful death over months and months of consuming itself to nothing.
I recently got an RBTA and it's doing very well. It's acclimating very well and isn't running all over the place, yet.

rbta005.jpg

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't like having nems in my tank, but my wife wanted one, so there ya go. In order to help reduce the chance of a floating piñata of death, we went with a giant carpet nem. It was a Petco rescue, and it turned out great! It is currently thriving in a spot that it's been in for about 5-6 months. I feed it krill about every 4 days. The cardinals like to stay close to it.
It's a happy nem, because anything that touches it sticks to it. My gloves, forceps...anything!
It's currently larger than my hand. I'd say around 10" across.
IMG_1766.JPEG

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't like having nems in my tank, but my wife wanted one, so there ya go. In order to help reduce the chance of a floating piñata of death, we went with a giant carpet nem. It was a Petco rescue, and it turned out great! It is currently thriving in a spot that it's been in for about 5-6 months. I feed it krill about every 4 days. The cardinals like to stay close to it.
It's a happy nem, because anything that touches it sticks to it. My gloves, forceps...anything!
It's currently larger than my hand. I'd say around 10" across.
IMG_1766.JPEG
It's so fluffy looking! I wanted a carpet nem too but I learned they can grow to be 3 feet wide, and I didn't find any mini carpet that appealed me :(

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love nems too. I have two malus that are my favorite with the clowns in them. Then I have over 30 maxi minis, about 9 rock flowers. Had hadonni and btas, but they did not work in my systems.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My all time favorite is Ritteri/Magnifica. Just the look and flow.

My next would be a RBTA

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No more BTAs for me ever again. I had one and it was fine for a while. It stayed put. Suddenly I had 7 running all over the tank stinging all my coral. Spent the better part of a day removing all of them. LFS gave me some store credit.

I have a nice tube anemone now front/center of the tank. Model citizen.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back