The mother lode of info about the Kessil A360WE Tuna Blue! | BRStv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!

We've made some changes to our video format and we'd like to present it to you with this all-inclusive spotlight on the Kessil A360WE Tuna Blue LED.

Whether you already own these lights or are thinking about them for your tank, I can personally guarantee that there is something in here for you! :)

Let us know what you think!

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was there anything we missed or that you would like to know more about?

Feel free to jot it down here! Who knows, your question may be featured on the next Reef2Reef FAQ video! ;)

-Randy

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Feel free to jot it down here! Who knows, your question may be featured on the next Reef2Reef FAQ video! ;)

-Randy
Did I miss the part with the par numbers?

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 360W on Nuvo40 with the Nuvo lid too and it bothers me that the netting is thick and I think it is blocking the light the goes in the tank. I could tell the difference of the light/shimmer when I remove the lid when I do water changes.
I'm thingking of replacing the lid with brs kit, hoping that the net is slimmer. Thoughts?
Thanks!

jonmos75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

-Randy

When using the Apex to program the Kessil lights intensity channel that some lights turn on between the ranges of 10% to 15%.

When programming the intensity it would be best to not have the starting point be at 0%, but rather 10-15% depending on the individual light.

BTW, good video.

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When using the Apex to program the Kessil lights intensity channel that some lights turn on between the ranges of 10% to 15%.

When programming the intensity it would be best to not have the starting point be at 0%, but rather 10-15% depending on the individual light.

BTW, good video.

Hey!

Great point and definitely should have been mentioned. :) Thanks for adding this info to the discussion!

-Randy

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to everyone for your questions and comments !

To follow up on these great questions we've got an episode of the Reef2Reef FAQ and today we're answering @saltyfilmfolks , Moodi Ajine, and @jonmos75 ! :)

Be sure to post any questions or comments you may have for both the BRStv Spotlight Videos and the BRStv Investigates Videos for a chance to have Ryan and I answer them in the following week's FAQ!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@randyBRS @Ryanbrs Are there any plans in the future to do an indepth on the AP700? I only ask as I just received this light and would like to know more about it performance wise compared to the A360's. Thank you :)

Ryanbrs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will but the list is rather long right now so it might not be as soon as you might hope :(

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's time for this video's Reef2Reef FAQ!

Today we're answering questions and comments from @saltyfilmfolks , Moodi Ajine and @jonmos75 ! :)

Be sure to get your questions and comments posted on these BRStv Spotlight videos as well as our BRStv Investigates episodes for your chance to get them answered in the next R2R FAQ!

mrpizzaface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@randyBRS @Ryanbrs

Planning a build similar to the 160. Planning on using 360's with t5 (4bulbs) retros. Tank will be 72-24-22. how many 360s should I use?
I have 6. Not sure that many are needed.

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 360W on Nuvo40 with the Nuvo lid too and it bothers me that the netting is thick and I think it is blocking the light the goes in the tank. I could tell the difference of the light/shimmer when I remove the lid when I do water changes.
I'm thingking of replacing the lid with brs kit, hoping that the net is slimmer. Thoughts?
Thanks!
Just replace the stock netting with the following from BRS. I just did this on the IM40 I picked up last week from BRS. Reused the stock lid. Also I've done the same on my other IM40,IM30 and IM10 tanks
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/1-8-clear-netting.html

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just replace the stock netting with the following from BRS. I just did this on the IM40 I picked up last week from BRS. Reused the stock lid. Also I've done the same on my other IM40,IM30 and IM10 tanks
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/1-8-clear-netting.html
That was my plan is to replace the netting but the lid the I have does not have a clip that I can cleanly remove the old net, net is glued to the frame :(

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was my plan is to replace the netting but the lid the I have does not have a clip that I can cleanly remove the old net, net is glued to the frame :(
Odd, all of mine have a rubber gasket that holds the netting in place. It shouldn’t be glued.

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does have a rubber gasket and I meant that the net is glued to the frame and does not seem meant to be removed.
You should be able to remove the gasket and just pull the screen off. Unless the had a batch they glued for some reason.

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@randyBRS @Ryanbrs
Planning a build similar to the 160. Planning on using 360's with t5 (4bulbs) retros. Tank will be 72-24-22. how many 360s should I use?
I have 6. Not sure that many are needed.

We use 5x A360's and 4x T5 bulbs which is more than enough PAR for our pretty SPS dominant tank. You could add a 6th A360 if you wanted, and simply turn down the overall max intensity. :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back