The MUST HAVE workers in your tank that really earn their keep!

Are you housing specific fish & inverts for the sole purpose of "working" in your tank?

• Yes

Votes: 731 90.4%
  • No

Votes: 68 8.4%
  • Was unaware of working fish and inverts

Votes: 10 1.2%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Today let's talk about the fish and inverts that really earn their keep! They are the best bang for the buck when it comes to housing them in exchange for the "services" they provide!

What are the MUST HAVE workers (fish,inverts) in your tank? Please tell us why as well!

image via @Mike&Terry
3.png

SRQreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely yes. Purple pincushion urchin and a turbo snail for maximum lawn mowing. A couple conchs to keep the sand bed turned and clean. And a melanurus wrasse to hunt pests like pyramid snails or flatworms.
Purple pincushions are the best! Will solve any algae problem!

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think almost everyone in my tank has their purpose in one way or another. The only livestock I have bought intentionally for maintenance are my clean up crew and my diamond goby. The diamond goby ended up being everyone's favorite to watch -- he's a busy guy. I've gone back and forth on buying a wrasse for possible pest control -- but I hear they can be bullies. I have plenty of room, so I can take my time on that decision.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think almost everyone in my tank has their purpose in one way or another. The only livestock I have bought intentionally for maintenance are my clean up crew and my diamond goby. The diamond goby ended up being everyone's favorite to watch -- he's a busy guy. I've gone back and forth on buying a wrasse for possible pest control -- but I hear they can be bullies. I have plenty of room, so I can take my time on that decision.
Leapords are great pest control and peaceful. They are bad shippers

Back