The Nano Reef -2 Tanks 1 Stand-

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tank is looking good! Best wishes on starting back school. My daughter just started her senior year of college too!

OP
OP
MinnReef

MinnReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is looking good! Best wishes on starting back school. My daughter just started her senior year of college too!
Hope it goes well for her! I can't imagine having a senior year during these crazy times

OP
OP
MinnReef

MinnReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny how much can change in 2 months during these crazy times, I never did move to college and won't be moving to college for this whole year. There are good things and bad things that come with me not moving back. First off, I will have to stay at college longer as I struggle big time with math classes and having to do them in person is going to be horrible. At the moment I am hoping that next year I can take my math and physics classes in-person or at least hybrid style.

I quit my old job and went to work at Petco for the year, I was a bit worried as I have heard horror stories of Petco. I am happy to say that while there are rough points I have mainly had a very nice, positive, experience so far. I got hired on as the "Saltwater Expert" and get to do all the SW fish orders and some of the FW orders. It's super cool to see all the fish and inverts that I can order and totally got new life to get SW again. I had all of the supplies minus the water so I setup again. Having a system with my parents where if I pay "rent" for a year and then I can use that money to move out has also helped a lot with my patients and learning to budget. I feel like I have a tad more responsibility...I hope.

Another point is how hard my depression and ADHD has kicked my butt during the months leading up to leaving and even now. I believe that part of the problem was that I have 3 main animal hobbies; Vivarium's, Freshwater, Saltwater. Without my Petco job I could only have one of them which led my ADHD to push/pull me between the three. Right now I have the 5 gallon FW betta tank, the 10 gallon SW and I have a 12 x 12 x15 for an anole. I have definitely not had as many "ADHD attacks" where I freak out about not knowing what I want.

The last thing is it felt wrong to be the SW expert at Petco and not even have a SW tank, already having all of the things made it easier to get started again. I did order another Sicce 0.5, some Dr.Tims One and Only and their ammonia fishless cycle. I hope that y'all can handle my randomness and sometimes indecisiveness. I understand if it's annoying that I will start and then just leave, I'm trying my best and thats all I can really do. Take it day by day.

So I am back and ready to re-learn things (FTS):

FTS Oct 2020.jpg

Possibly FINALLY getting some KP Aquatics live rock or maybe a certificate for my birthday next week (Nov 6th). I'd love to be able to get more things or a bigger tank but times are rough rn

OP
OP
MinnReef

MinnReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spent the whole day pretty much researching and figuring out what the image for the aquarium will be. Lots of inspiration from @inland_reef and his lagoon reef as well as @billygoatwith his biotope as well as @yoshii and @Tigahboy with their macroalgae tanks. All of these tanks have one thing in common, they all are nature reefs that focus on a combination of corals and macroalgae while still having masterfully placed with amazing scapes. These tanks don't focus on the fancy (overrated) named corals or having a disco party of a tank (blue=bad), most of these tanks even have freshwater planted tank lights on them. Also, read some more lagoon/macro build threads as well as watches some videos about stocking again. Taking all of the cramming I did today I believe that I have my "dream team" of fish to stock my aquarium:

White-Spotted Pygmy Filefish (Rudaruis ercodes)
lg92609WhiteSpottedPygmyFilefish.jpg.5b871103c0ab75e4bbba2fb19f8c3ff7.jpg

I chose this mini filefish for a number of reasons, the first is the fact that they are ORA Captive-Bred. Captive-Bred is possibly the way of the future with all of the pressure on wild oceans/collection. Another reason is that they like to pick at rocks/sand (at least at work), so maybe a tiny bit of pest control or something like that. Lastly, I have wanted this fish species for over a year and am happy I can have the chance to own one and even a captive-bred specimen at that. We have 3 right now at work and I might order 3 more just to have a larger selection. The next fish is one that has been in a few members tanks and it related to the Tailspot Blenny.

Pictus Blenny (Ecsenius pictus)
e4248bd283e65b69aaa76c25b18b3061.jpg.27710a3586a38cf3417eaaef6aed8076.jpg

This fish is a relative of the once-popular (Pre-COVID) tail-spot blenny that it seems nearly everyone has had at one point, I included. This fish is rarer and more costly compared to the tail-spot blenny, but I feel it is worth it. The Pictus blenny has the same base purple color as the tail-spot but has amazing white pinstripes and cool mini tiger stripes near the base of the tail. This genus of blennies are very nice with great personalities and even take care of some microalgal growths on the rocks, the other reason this fish was chosen. This fish has a "job" just like the filefish picks at rocks so does the Pictus blenny. The only downside is that this genus is not readily or even captive-bred at all to my knowledge. Rounding out the fish stocking is a pair of captive-bred gobies.

Sharknose Neon Goby (Elacatinus evelynae)
lg_91877_Sharknose_Goby_0523131_420P.jpg.45f718bb140583f84b13da96e33e25c7.jpg

Rounding out the fish stocking is a small fish that has very bright colors, and blue which isn't seen by many small saltwater fish species besides the semi-evil damselfish. We get these in at work every so often. The plan is to get a pair of these small gobies, they also have a "job" in setting cleaning stations along reefs much like scarlet cleaner shrimp. These gobies are also readily captive-bred and some members on here have had them spawn in aquariums. They are a joy to have in aquariums and another fish that I have had before and loved.

I feel like all of the fish that I plan to stock have a purpose as well as providing great movement, colors, and personalities. I also tired to get all ORA/captive-bred fish, but having seen the pictus blennies on Divers Den the past couple of weeks have made it hard not to pick one up. Coral wise is going to be softies like leathers, mushrooms, and GSP, gorgs and basic macroalgae like gracilaria and caulerpa prolifera. I also have three sprouted mangroves coming from ORA this week (hopefully)

PokeFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank 1 FTS

Equipment:

Display Tank:
Marineland portrait 5 gallon
Return Pump: Sicce ???
Light: Pixie 30 LED
Heater: Jager 50watt w/ink bird
Rock: 5lbs KP Aquatics rock
Sand: 5lbs arag alive natural reef
ATO: Duetto
Stand: DIY

Livestock (will update):

Invertebrates
Clean up Crew:

Coral:

Macroalgae:

Fish:

Tank 2 FTS

Equipment:

Display Tank:
Marineland contour 3 gallon

Return Pump: Sicce micra (90 GPH)

Light: Pixie 30 LED

Heater: Jager 50watt w/ink bird

Rock: 2-3lbs rock

Sand: 2-3lbs arag alive natural reef

ATO: Duetto

Stand: DIY

Livestock (will update):

Invertebrates

Clean up Crew:

Coral:

Macroalgae:

Fish:
Hey i got same tank! But i see you swapped the original light with something else

OP
OP
MinnReef

MinnReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my cycle is being very weird at the moment:
Monday (added 2.0ppm NH$, one and only, and biospira) 9pm
NH4 2.0ppm
NO2 .25ppm
NO3 20ppm

Tuesday 9am
NH4 .25ppm
NO2 2.0ppm
NO310ppm

Wednesday 9pm
NH4 .25ppm
NO2 .50ppm
NO3 5-10ppm

Today (Thursday) 9am
NH4 0ppm
NO2 0ppm
NO3 5-10ppm

I wonder if the NO3 readings were faulty readings because it doesn't make sense to have NH4, N02, and NO3 all on the same day I added bacteria. Unless, they have NO2 and NO3 in the bottles of bacteria? This is the weirdest cycle I have ever had.

OP
OP
MinnReef

MinnReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the tank has read NH4 0ppm, NO2 0ppm, NO3 10ppm, I added 2.0ppm of NH4 to the tank last night, and this morning it read 0ppm NH4. I will start to order some macroalgae and maybe a fish too. Did a mini-rescape to create more of a "tidepool" style with less height on the rock and more crevices

FTS3.jpg

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a IM 20 pen and I started with a Current USA IC pro light on it--DON"T DO IT-light was great at growing algae-JUST made it for coral. Tank now has 2 Primes over it-GREAT lights for growing everything but algae. Only reason I have 2 is because I have 2 anemones, 1 at each end. Just putting this here in case someone sees your cost chart.

OP
OP
MinnReef

MinnReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Order Update(s):
First off I decided to just go ahead and get the RODI unit, it may end up being a tiny bit more than buying water or it may not. The main reason I got it is because my LFS has wacky hours and I usually work when from the time they are open to after they are closed. Having my own unit will give me peace of mind that I can have water at any time I need it and not have to worry about going to the water or if I have time to do it on my off days. Hopefully, it will come in the next week or so.

I did do a bit of livestock shopping today as well, hopefully not too much shopping though. It is mainly inverts. macro and a single fish so not a lot of bioload right away. The first order is from the great John of ReefCleaners, he is easily one of the best dealers when it comes to invertebrates as well as macroalgae. The re-scape is inspired more by the nearshore/tidepool areas of the Florida keys and will feature more green/brown macroalgaes, zoas, a possible gorgonian, or two as well as ricordeas. All these may not be found in the same area, but I feel it brings a nice representation of some of the dive videos I have seen. There also is a fish on order but I will keep that one a secret (it is related to a fish I mentioned before and FL native). Let's go over what livestock I have ordered now:
Carpet Halimeda (Halimeda opuntia)
halimeda_incrassata54.jpg.4c345c78f5bf8fcf7a8c94d6a0d83db6.jpg
The first thing ordered on the list is actually a "plant" from Florida, though it is not a true plant rather it is a marine protist. A cool thing about most macroalgae is the fact that they can all be a single cell, not a true marine plant-like seagrass or mangroves which contain a multitude of cells. The other unique thing about Halimeda species is the fact that they are mainly a calcium carbonate skeleton with chlorophyll in-between the skeleton and another outer layer, this provides another cool adaptation where the chlorophyll can be sucked into the joints at night to reduce the few species that predate on it. Lastly, Halimeda has two main growth forms; the rooted form that lives in sand and extends from a main "root ball" that can die off when spreading and the carpeting form which is the kind I ordered. Halimeda is a staple in all the dive videos I have watched and especially the carpeting variety.

Blue Leg Hermit Crab (Clibanarius tricolor)
1409705690_blueleghermitcrab4.thumb.jpg.f4d9cb15e0993010469f0029f291d9c8.jpg
One of these most common hermit crabs that people put in aquariums and possibly the best hermit for a small tank has to be the Blue leg hermit crab. These crabs do not get super large maxing at around 1 inch or less. This is good for two main reasons, the first being they can get into smaller areas to clean and the second being that they are less likely to go after snails for their shells. Possibly the only other hermit I would recommend more would be the Scarlet hermit crab (Paguristes cadenati), these crabs are possibly the best as they are very calm and good cleaners. The reason I passed on them is they get about 1.5 inches and they can be a bit more sensitive and I might add one later one when the tank has matured a bit more.

Dwarf Cerith Snails (Cerithium sp.)
dwarf_cerith_4f92cfd84b682.jpg.ad10b395e8e22418b16eb5f4e6348a31.jpg
This snail is easily the best snail to have in ANY aquarium, they are so helpful with diatoms and stirring up the sandbed. Their small size maxing to 0.75 inches that also makes them perfect for nano and pico tanks, the small size also means they do not need as much food as something like a turbo snail would need. They do not go on the rocks as much it seems, but I have seen them go on the glass a fair amount. A top 3 clean up crew member for nano/pico tanks for sure.

Florida Cerith (Cerithium sp.)
1789635377_floridacerith.thumb.jpg.a07ddb1b9c03b5b882904e0564e929ce.jpg
This is another very good cerith snail species, a bit larger than the dwarf cerith that maxes at 2 inches or so. They also are very helpful with diatoms/stirring up sand beds, this species does not seem to go on the glass as much as the dwarf species and I assume it is due to their size. There is sometimes a third species available know as the Fly-speckled cerith which is a size in-between the Florida and Dwarf. That species has some of the most beautiful shell patterns of all the cerith species I have owned or seen.

Marginella Snail (Prunum apicinum)
IMG_2492.thumb.jpg.9257970487520a23889919e297d43a1e.jpg
This species of snail is a newer one for me that I used to have in my old mixed reef tank, these are sort of like a cross between a nassarius snail and a cowrie. They are super small carrion eaters that max at .5 inches! A truly pico snail for sure, that being said their small size really is not a cost-effective snail in the short term. The cool thing about these snails is that they possess no larval stage so they can be bred in aquariums! This species for sure makes the list for my top 3 nano/pico clean up crew.

Virgin Nerite Snail (Neritina virginea)
virgin_nerite.thumb.jpg.827627832acb368a4b758a582b2f7e39.jpg
Virgin nerites are by far the most show-stopping snail out of all the snails available in the reefing hobby (yes even better than chestnut turbos) and the reason being that NO TWO SHELLS ARE ALIKE! How cool is that! Each snail has a shell almost unique as human fingerprints, and besides that, they stay small maxing at from .25-1 inch depending on locality. Many people have tried nerites and two common things can happen; 1. the snail will leave the tank, mainly because their natural habitat is more estuary/tide dependent or 2. they seem to last fine but die randomly, possibly due to being exposed from too high of salinity for long periods of time. The good news about these virgin nerites is that they are found in a fully saltwater (1.024-1.030) stock, so they are used to reef levels and they do not seem to venture too far out of the tank. This is the other species I would put in my top 3 nano/pico clean up crews if available.

Green Porcelain Crab (Petrolisthes armatus)
green_porcelain9.jpg.0273062b0b39417dee09ad3b1a07fdd5.jpg
Lastly from my ReefCleaners order is my favorite reef invertebrate of all time and its the Green porcelain crab. These "crabs" are a filter feeding crab, much like the spotted anemone crab except for the fact that they do not host anemones in the wild (or very rarely). Instead these crabs hangout in the crevices/ledges and catch particles drifting through the ocean often in large groups. If you look closely you will see that they are not decapods (10 legs) like true crabs, that is because they are more related to squat lobsters as opposed to crabs! There is another species know as the Blue porcelain crab (Petrolisthes galathinus) that is a showy power blue/gray coloration with crazy striping/dotted patterns or darker blues or sometimes light reds.

Amphipods (Amphipoda sp.)
Amphipods.jpg.896db39495cca89bf7c7a91e4050e3c7.jpg
The last thing that I will share today is a great clean up crew/live food source for your reef, amphipods. Amphipods are like many of you know related isopods and the other "pods" in the hobby. These pods are larger and better scavengers as opposed to copepods which focus more on phytoplankton or other microalgae. These pods can actually become pests in macroalgae tanks as they can eat more complex algae. The pack I got of these consist of 100 pods, the cool thing about the company I got them from is they also can have skeleton shrimp, copepods, isopods (the good kind), and sometimes even baby crabs in the mix!

The Fish
Now I will not say what fish it is yet until I know that it will make it and is eating, I will say that this fish is named after a large animal in Africa that is known for its enlarged nasal extension made of Keratin. Another hint is this species of fish likes to blend in with seaweed and can be found mimicking the swaying motion of the surrounding seaweed to help blend in. That is all I will say about the fish so far.

The Future of the Tank
There are a few things that I want to put into this tank mainly more inverts/corals, not really wanting shrimp as they annoy me and corals too much. Fish-wise I think I am content with what I got, I may pick up a pair of neon gobies though it all depends on if the fish will not eat them. So here is the list of future ideas:
Green whip gorgonian
Ricordea
Florida zoas
Cluster feather dusters
Caulerpa prolifera
Blue porcelain crabs
Scarlet hermit (maybe)

OP
OP
MinnReef

MinnReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided that I would get a baseline of parameters of the tank BEFORE I get any livestock so I know if things are out of wack:

11/7/20

NH4: 0ppm

NO2: 0ppm

NO3: 0ppm (dosed 6ml to get 5.0ppm)

PO4: .25ppm (dosed frozen food)

Ca: 360ppm

kH: 9/160ppm

pH: 8.2

Dosing:

Chaetogrow: 2ml

Iron: 1ml

NeoNitro: 6ml

The reason I decided to dose NO3 and PO4 is when I was observing the tank I noticed a few brown strands that looked like dinos, so as a precaution before I get more biodiversity I dosed to hopefully get on top of nutrients. The problem is dinos is due to NOT ENOUGH nutrients/biodiversity in the water and it is common when dry rock is used, ways to fix it are having low levels of NO3 and PO4 as well as increasing biodiversity/pods. I also chose to does NO3 and PO4 for the macroalgae, they live off of those elements as well as iron/alk. They use iron mainly in red macros and alk for cellular respiration believe it or not. Chaetogrow is a mix of trace elements formulated specifically for macroalgae, it is recommended to dose 2ml a day for 2 weeks on a 20 gallon so I will be doing 1ml for the first 2 weeks and will probably up the dosage to 2ml. Excited for all the stuff to arrive this week, also working on getting my R2R Secret Santa gifts then I can think about what will be the next thing for the tank...maybe some Chondria coerulescens or coralline from GulfEcosystem.

OP
OP
MinnReef

MinnReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't think I would do an update today but I got a lot done in the "Fish room" and my RODI system showed up today so I have content to update y'all on I guess.

Organization

The word of the day without a doubt had to be organization, two main things got organized today and I am pretty proud of the results from today. First thing I focused one was switching out the old plastic 3 drawer "storage" tower for a very nice 2 door vertical storage cabinet. In total is has 5 shelves to store my aquarium products, it was a tad dirty so a little elbow grease got it up to shape. Here's a look at the inside of the new storage cabinet:

Starting from the bottom we have some air line for acclimation, the 2.5G water change bucket with the Sicce MicraPlus for pumping in new water. About that there is the Sicce Micra, IM Wave link, and a small box of instant ocean. The IM wave link will be in a 5 gallon bucket that I will use to mix saltwater, I also ordered another HMA-S 50 watt heater (total of 3 owned) to heat the water. I plan on making 5 gallons of RODI every two weeks and then do 2.5 gallon Water changes weekly. The next part of the shelf holds my freshwater botanicals, filter floss and measuring cups for salt. There is also an air pump that runs the sponge filtered stickleback tank up top. The upper middle shelf holds all of my Brightwell supplements; Reedcode A & B, NeoNitro, ReefSno, ChaetoGrow, Ferrous Iron, and the two new ones, MicroBacter-7 and some Coral Amino. There is also my Easy green plant fertilizer and Iron supplements from Aquarium Co-Op. I also put my Newlife spectrum pellets as well as misc. flakes/pellets on this shelf. There is also a specimen container with my aquascaping tools and superglue. The aquascaping tools will be moved to the right side of my stand as soon as their holder shows up next week. The top shelf holds my API FW/SW master kit as well as the API reef test kit. My water conditioner, refractometer, macro/orange lens, and gloves all sit up there too. I stuck command hooks on the left side to hold my cloths and fish nets. I decided to stick my Flipper Nano on the door of the cabinet too to allow it to dry and not get build ups on the blade

The other big project was fixing my rat's nest of cords, it truly was a mess with freshwater cords going over and looping the saltwater cords. All of the cords were also on the ground which made it really messy and ugly. The main goal was to have all the freshwater cords on one side and the saltwater cords on the other side. The power strips were mounted with command strips and the extra cord was zip-tied to make it look a bit "neater", extra power boxes or gauges were also command striped on the respective side. The black power strip is the fresh water tank and the white side is the saltwater. I am happy that I have 3 spots open on the saltwater power strip and have some space next to the tank...might be an illusion an addition that could help with automation of the reef. The only cords that cross are the lights going to the timer and the air pump from the cabinet to the power strip.

Lastly for major "projects" of the day was setting up my RODI unit! This one took a bit more time and effort, but I feel very accomplished and only needed a tiny bit of help from the younger brother (he does A LOT more DIY than I do). After getting the unit mounted to the wall and flushing it out I decided to time out how long it took for waste water to fill a 5 gallon bucket. I know I shouldn't rely on time for this, but we have a heat and WiFi in our garage so I can do school work and watch the water to make sure as well. At the moment I plan to set an alarm based on the time I experiment to see how fast the 5 gallon fills. I found that it takes about 42 minutes (let it trickle out for 3 minutes afterwards) to fill a 5 gallon bucket full of waste water. This just so happens to nearly fill a 2.5 gallon bucket too, so every two weeks I will have to empty the waste water once to get my RODI to make saltwater. In the future I want to get the XP Aqua RODI shutoff system for extra piece of mind. The main reason I got the system was the compact size (perfect for dorm) as well as the cost, it was $60 when I bought it while it normally would be $110.

Getting away from the projects I did a tiny bit on the tank today, mainly tested NO3 and PO4 as well as switched out the Sicce MicraPlus to the Sicce 0.5 for a little extra movement of water. Water tests were perfect, adding a bit of frozen food got PO4 to 0.25-0.50ppm and dosing 6ml NeoNitro got NO3 to 5.0ppm, besides all of that I added another 2ml of ChaetoGrow. While I was testing I did notice that my tank is getting patches of diatoms, perfect as I have my mini CUC coming later this week. I also noticed about 5-6 polyps of Zoanthid in my filter media! I have no idea how they got there or what they are but they are open so the tank must be okay for zoas which is also re-assuring. After my tank crashed the last time I have been super nervous and cautious to add any corals or special inverts, heck I was scared to order my rhino blenny. I also told the mini-fishkeeper (my youngest brother) that the fish we are getting is a rhino blenny and he was SOOO happy. The tank is in his room because he loves aquariums, going to the fish store and wants to help out when he can. He also loves rhinos so when he found out the fish we are getting had rhino in the name it made his day. I love seeing how much he loves the aquariums and sometimes it feels like he loves them more than me, but it gives me the passion to have the tanks and to show him all the cool things about the hobby. This should be about all until I get the fish and other things settled. I guess I did a BRS order for that 3rd heater and needed to meet the new $39 limit for free shipping so I got microbacter-7 to dose after WC to "replenish" as well as some coral amino just for fun and to get the free shipping. I think the zoas, rics and maybe even RFAs/gorgs will benefit from it.

Here is just a cool corner "FTS" showing the Sicce 0.5 flow

This is the random zoa that is in the filter compartment

Now I'm off to Target to get a 3 plug outlet for the waterchange station and then its waiting on packages:

-BRS heater/dosing agents

-Foxxy Tropicals Rhino blenny

-Florida Pets amphipods

-Reef Cleaners CUC and macro

Future (next paycheck)

- R2R Secret Santa Gifts

- Coralline from GulfEcosystems

- Maybe use the last of my gift card to Foxxy and get 3 Green whip gorgs

OP
OP
MinnReef

MinnReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do people even look or read this or am I just doing this for myslef?

OP
OP
MinnReef

MinnReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well thought I would give an update on the orders and how everything is doing, so far the rhino blenny is the greatest fish I have gotten. It is so cool watching him slip in and out of the macroalgae while he hunts the pods. The porcelain crabs are also just as fun as I remember them to be, especially when they get into mini territory fights or during feeding time. I will say my blue leg hermits and marginella snails did arrive DOA but John fixed it even after the 5 hour notice policy, another reason I love reef cleaners. I ended up ordering too much Halimeda and there is a big chunk in the back that is staying nearly white, but it is what it is. Photo dump and an FTS:

First off here is the Rhino blenny, I love his false eyes and the modified fins into "legs" which he uses to walk around on

543065075_blenny2.thumb.jpg.309680d755c9f4e0e65ca8ef031112df.jpg

618772112_blenny4.thumb.jpg.e9e0d194d7adaa2ba382daf570ba9600.jpg

blenny.thumb.jpg.3e99d907c01f0471b604690daf5c9e4c.jpg

712107469_bleny3.thumb.jpg.58c1870bcbb5ed403c8670d2ee591ace.jpg

Next up are a few shots of the Green porcelain crabs, I have a group of 7 right now and want more

2020611689_crab2.thumb.jpg.35b613eebbc18277b349074b49eaef6a.jpg

657174320_crab3.thumb.jpg.f59c054c3ccdb750225af3430de7bd5d.jpg

crab.thumb.jpg.d93eaffdebc4db76a4736069f39059d2.jpg

The last livestock picture before the FTS is a very cool isopod species that came with my "pod" order. This isopod is in the Sphaeromatidae family, there are over 100 genera and 700 species world wide of these critters

pod.thumb.jpg.6375aa5e7380b05214ecf9867a6e25e1.jpg

And finally an FTS with the new halimeda, you can see the left corner and the large nearly pale chunk. I don't know if this will stay or if I will switch to other macros...depends on how it grows

2105548704_FTSNov13.thumb.jpg.1485375ded173c7db7cb1d6efc2160d6.jpg

Back