The new ap700 vs dual 360x

Aardvark1134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I know you aren't ready to release all the details about the new light coming next year to replace the ap700 but the main thing I want to know is if someone were to put a pile of 360x on their large tank would there be anything on the new ap700 replacement that would make them wish they waited for it? Specifically since it's 2 pucks is it better than having a pair of 360x which would also be 2 pucks or is it like having a ap700 with the spectrum of 2 360x

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I know you aren't ready to release all the details about the new light coming next year to replace the ap700 but the main thing I want to know is if someone were to put a pile of 360x on their large tank would there be anything on the new ap700 replacement that would make them wish they waited for it? Specifically since it's 2 pucks is it better than having a pair of 360x which would also be 2 pucks or is it like having a ap700 with the spectrum of 2 360x

We are still in product development and are currently working on developing optics for our concept light. All I can say is it will still be an 185 W fixture which is roughly the same wattage as two A360X's. The one benefit I can say now is that there will be two separate mounts for the two A360X's while the new light only requires one mounting arm.

AcanthurusRex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kessil failed to support the AP700. Why would anyone purchase another unsupported product from this company?

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We plan to address all the problems of the AP700 in our new light and are currently increasing our support team. We appreciate the feedback and will continue to strive to be better.

AcanthurusRex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a lot of work debugging the WiFi issues with Kessil and they never addressed the issue. That was a couple of years ago. In this time there have not been any updates to the AP700 firmware.
No indication the iPad or iPhone app works in iOS13. iPad app has not been updated in 3 years. It took six months to fix the iPhone app the last time it quit working.

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a lot of work debugging the WiFi issues with Kessil and they never addressed the issue. That was a couple of years ago. In this time there have not been any updates to the AP700 firmware.
No indication the iPad or iPhone app works in iOS13. iPad app has not been updated in 3 years. It took six months to fix the iPhone app the last time it quit working.
Has Kessil gotten better with their overall technical support and is their wifi proving to be reliable? I'm about ready to buy 8 Kessil 360x's so keen to make sure I'm not buying into a big headache here..Thanks

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back