The new HELIO PTC heater!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

YOYOYOReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody find a solution for the E1 error code. i move the probes, i move the temp sensor. take it apart, reconnect it, no wires overlapping..... not new probably have had the system for 6 months or so...

have had them in this tank and in the sump, the sump is a 40 gallon with about 2000 gph going thru it, the tank is a 300 gallon ... it worked great for a couple months,then was getting e5 errors in my long shallow tank so i moved this heater to the predator tank and its still getting errors just now its E1 vs E5. its in plenty of flow, have moved the probes and sensors as far apart as possible with thier short cords ....

hoping someone has found a solution?

Innovative Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody find a solution for the E1 error code. i move the probes, i move the temp sensor. take it apart, reconnect it, no wires overlapping..... not new probably have had the system for 6 months or so...

have had them in this tank and in the sump, the sump is a 40 gallon with about 2000 gph going thru it, the tank is a 300 gallon ... it worked great for a couple months,then was getting e5 errors in my long shallow tank so i moved this heater to the predator tank and its still getting errors just now its E1 vs E5. its in plenty of flow, have moved the probes and sensors as far apart as possible with thier short cords ....

Hello,
Sorry to hear your experiencing some error codes. The Helio system offers a 5 year warranty on all parts. Please give us a call Toll Free: 866-368-7941, and we can get you back up and running with your Helio.

thanks,
IM Team

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I had an E1 I contacted customer service, by the way Inovative Marine customer service is fantastic, very helpful, and friendly. They are replacing my contoler.

YOYOYOReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Mark, called them today. They want me to video cutting the cords off the controller then they will mail me a new controller and a new probe. They didnt even ask any questions about it at all besides to show them receipt etc. This is the first IM product ive tried but i gotta say their customer service is prompt and on top of it so far.

Hopefully the new one works,, when it was working this thing has been keeping temp flatline stable.
compared to old school heaters im glad it" fails " in the off position lol.

Volcom6981

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys just ordered my IM fusion 40 AIO tank, and now getting my equipment together. What size do you recommend for this size tank. Thanks

Shanephillips27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Resolution is crisp red numbers and led dot on black controller. When heaters are on a green led dot displays. Yes it can be set .1 increments.
I just got one of these and the set point cannot be set in .1 increments. The unit will only display what the current tank temp is and tenths of a degree so if yours is actually able to set the tab, do you want the tank to be at intense of a degree I like to know what you’re doing?

Ryebreadiest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having an issue where after a water change, the system will stop heating and I will get an E4 low temp error.

YOYOYOReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are backup duty only. I can’t trust either of them. They tend to throw error codes and turn themselves off Wiley billy. One of the worst purchases I’ve ever made In aquarium gear.

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are backup duty only. I can’t trust either of them. They tend to throw error codes and turn themselves off Wiley billy. One of the worst purchases I’ve ever made In aquarium gear.

Mine did the same thing and shutoff in the spring for several days. My tank got down to 66 F but everyone survived. That was the last straw--I relegated the Helio to heating stored water in barrels only. They failed there too and stopped heating altogether.

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bringing up an old thread but I have had some of the same errors. I just got an E7 and didn't know it shut itself off. My tank is at 74 and now reset the heater and getting the E4. Of course my tank is cold now but I am more worried about heating the tank up too fast and what will happen?

Ryebreadiest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bringing up an old thread but I have had some of the same errors. I just got an E7 and didn't know it shut itself off. My tank is at 74 and now reset the heater and getting the E4. Of course my tank is cold now but I am more worried about heating the tank up too fast and what will happen?
I found that if I got e4, I just had to hit the main button once to return it to “hi” or whatever (it displays an H and something) then it goes away after a second and will return to keeping heat. I assume it’s a safety function so that if the temp goes outside of the normal range, it turns itself off.

I’ve started bringing my water jug inside from the garage before a water change so the temp swing doesn’t trip the low temp warning.

beaker5377

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started using these on our dream tank in December. I am fairly sure that they are going out to the fire pit! These things are constantly going into E4, and then not heating.. My 30$ inkbird was more reliable.

Back