The new K7 version3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to give everyone a little news about the new light we have coming out soon, so I thought a teaser picture was in order with more information to follow later.
The light is 140watts with the following diode layout. I will get everyone more juicy pictures and details soon :)
Diode layout.jpg

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you tell us if the new K3 controller is compatible with the K2’s (I assume it’ll have a new controller following complaints and the increased number of channels) and if the additional diodes make it possible to match the spectrum of the K2’s?

I have 8 x K2’s, and was looking to purchase 4 more, but if I cant unify my spectrum and compensate intensity for different tank depths, I’m going to have to find more K2’s or move to something else.

I hate the fact zero warning was given before K2’s went out of production.

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why use cool white when you can loose the green and reds and just use warm whites and add 1 or 2 mints per cluster ?

I do see 2 WW's per cluster but eh. I feel like the cluster cpuld be laid out a little better not going to lie but the addition spectra of violets is awesome.

Way too many cool blues in my opinion but what can you do ?

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why use cool white when you can loose the green and reds and just use warm whites and add 1 or 2 mints per cluster ?

I do see 2 WW's per cluster but eh. I feel like the cluster cpuld be laid out a little better not going to lie but the addition spectra of violets is awesome.

Way too many cool blues in my opinion but what can you do ?
Because people want to be able to use white without having green and red contribute to excess algae.

I think the spectrum is going to be spot on.

it’s the other details like remote format, number of controllable channels, backwards compatibility etc that need clarification.

but the FB post just blew up and apparently the new remote is Backwards compatible to the first version.

if they keep the same size format etc, I might grab 4 for my display and make the rest my grow out and QT sets. Kinda sucks I have to buy a new remote after a year and a half, but if it’s on an app, that works for me.

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you tell us if the new K3 controller is compatible with the K2’s (I assume it’ll have a new controller following complaints and the increased number of channels) and if the additional diodes make it possible to match the spectrum of the K2’s?

I have 8 x K2’s, and was looking to purchase 4 more, but if I cant unify my spectrum and compensate intensity for different tank depths, I’m going to have to find more K2’s or move to something else.

I hate the fact zero warning was given before K2’s went out of production.
Yes the new controller is a all new design that is backward compatible and Is way more user friendly
Will these still ve at the same very competitive price point as the previous models ?
Yes they will be at a very competitive price point

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Manose will the new lights fit with your pre-existing t5 hybrid fixture? Thinking about snagging one since I’ve got the k7 v2s. But with the new light coming out and the cost of the fixture, not sure if it’s worth doing right now.

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Manose have you tried these lights out yet)
I should be getting a finished light really soon as I will be doing the English instruction manual
@Manose will the new lights fit with your pre-existing t5 hybrid fixture? Thinking about snagging one since I’ve got the k7 v2s. But with the new light coming out and the cost of the fixture, not sure if it’s worth doing right now.
Yes the will but the controller on the hybrid will not control the new v3 light

Back