The new ProfiLux Powerbar 6E-PAB!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here it is - Our brand new powerbar for the ProfiLux controller system

The short version:
  • 6 sockets individually switchable
  • heavy duty: up to 15 A each, high-inrush-current (peak 160 A) relays
  • individual current measurement and monitoring
  • availabe with sockets/plugs for USA/Canada, Germany/Austria, United Kingdom, France/Belgium, Switzerland (in a few weeks), other versions on request
  • connected over super-reliable ProfiLux Aquatic Bus
  • amazing design and outstanding quality
In detail: Please visit the GHL webpage here

PB 6E_Connections_diagonal_E.jpg

US-version:
Powerbar6E-PAB-US_VorneOben_850x385.jpg

UK-version:
Powerbar6E-PAB-UK_VorneOben_850x385.jpg

Schuko-version:
Powerbar6E-PAB-Schuko_Diagonal2_1000x590.png

Last edited:

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great design!! Like the logo indicator on it also and the mounting brackets and 6 switch outlets is a big plus.

Last edited:

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are going to be in the US in about 2-3 weeks. They have shipped them from Germany.

nycjwi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHL makes great stuff, but in this day and age makes no sense it can't be configured and run from Mac OSX computer!

OP
OP
Matthias Gross

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHL makes great stuff, but in this day and age makes no sense it can't be configured and run from Mac OSX computer!
What makes you say that? For using the app, the cloud or the web interface you can use any device you want. Could you do us a favor and open a new thread or contact us directly if you want to discuss about that Mac topic, let us stay here in this thread with the OT, the new powerbar. Thank you.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
That is one sweet power bar....too bad your controller does not offer wired Ethernet port. :(

griff500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is one sweet power bar....too bad your controller does not offer wired Ethernet port. :(
Not really on topic but I'm not sure why no ethernet port would be a deal-breaker. I'm typing on a laptop that cost a few thousand and there's no ethernet port on that either...

Six switchable sockets, mountable... a decent improvement.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Not really on topic but I'm not sure why no ethernet port would be a deal-breaker. I'm typing on a laptop that cost a few thousand and there's no ethernet port on that either...

Six switchable sockets, mountable... a decent improvement.

Big deal breaker for me.

I have wired Ethernet and for security reason wouldn't connect an aquarium controller via Wi-Fi. I actually find it quite simple.

Full disclosure: I typed this reply on a laptop that costs few thousand US Dollars with no built in Ethernet port - like it changes anything.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been discussed on another thread the differences, of this controller to competitors, and the specific details of one being able to support wired and wireless while GHL only supports wireless. Some users will base his/her decision on that feature being important, but that has nothing to really do with the Powerbar Announcement so lets keep to the spirit of what this announcement was specifically for.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I simply stated that a I won't consider it until an ethernet expansion card is offered. It is my understanding that such card was available for previous generations of the controller.

It by no means should take away from excitement about announcement of an excellent addition to GHL's ecosystem.

I love that GHL responded to aquarists complaints and wishes with a superb product. I don't think any other player on the market offers such nice power strip and I am being serious.
Even as non-GHL user I am much excited about this announcement.

This power bar offers superior choice of materials, compact design and is aesthetically pleasing - unlike the main competitors' plastic gray and orange shoe box.

Am I just too honest?

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on the other team equipment wise, but kudos to keeping your design rooted in function over form. In this case, you have both ;)

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This solves my concerns regarding the number of controllable outlets on the prior powerbar.

6 controllable outlets all high inrush relays capable of 16a! No issues with high watt heaters or if we all want to go back to metal halides we can! Seriously beefy components!

shoggoth43

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure it was an issue with the prior GHL powerbar, but my Apex EB8 powerbar has all sorts of issues switching low wattage equipment like airpumps or prop pumps on anything other than the two relay ports. Relays on all outlets completely remove that as a possible issue. One of the things holding up my decision to changeover was trying to reconcile that five switched ports and one on vs 8 switched ports. With all 6 switched that's no longer an issue for me as I currently use 6 switched outlets and I'd have had to forego something or buy an additional switched powerbar. Now I just have to figure out how to afford the Profilux. :)

6 controllable outlets all high inrush relays capable of 16a! No issues with high watt heaters or if we all want to go back to metal halides we can! Seriously beefy components!

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure it was an issue with the prior GHL powerbar, but my Apex EB8 powerbar has all sorts of issues switching low wattage equipment like airpumps or prop pumps on anything other than the two relay ports. Relays on all outlets completely remove that as a possible issue. One of the things holding up my decision to changeover was trying to reconcile that five switched ports and one on vs 8 switched ports. With all 6 switched that's no longer an issue for me as I currently use 6 switched outlets and I'd have had to forego something or buy an additional switched powerbar. Now I just have to figure out how to afford the Profilux. :)
Worth every penny.

Ghl innovatives, and delivers top notch products. Once you buy, its a no worry, well oiled machine.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

EB832 took care of that with all relay design. But their relays support only 7 or 8 amps each so the 800 heater or a high power MH or T5 fixture wouldnt work eliminating possibility of switching off the lights in case of tank overheating. One step forward, 2 steps back.

shoggoth43

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought the 5.1 powerbar had 4 high current relays, one dimmable capable socket, and one always on. So 5 switchable and one always on? Maybe I'm mixing that up with something else though. It's been a while since I looked and since I needed 6 switchable outlets I would have needed a second powerbar 5.1 or one of the other switchable bars. This is probably veering off topic at this point though.

Regardless, I am quite happy to see the six high inrush current relay outlets on the new bar since that basically removes any caveats I had about moving to GHL. Now I just have to figure if there's anything I need on the 4 or if the 4e will suffice. I keep thinking I'd like to monitor ORP so it may be worth just ponying up the cash up front for the 4 vs buying a card later for the 4e and maybe "wasting" an expansion slot later on.

@shoggoth43 - the 5.1 had relays also on 5 of the 6 switch ports .

@chefjpaul - could not say it any better a well built oiled machine.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back