The next North Alabama Reef Club meeting

Monkeynaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tomoko Schum if you would like, I would be happy to hold the next NARC meeting at my house Feb. 24th.
Let me know what you think. I live in the same neighborhood. It will be no difference in everyones drive.

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That will be great :)
I suppose we can start planning what we can do during the meeting.

Would you all want to do a mini frag swap - the sandwich bag kind. No vendor with blue lights and shallow tanks, but people just bringing what they want to trade or sell in a sandwich bag or a plastic container.

If Eric (his family actually) has recovered from the flue, we may be able to talk him into bringing his Chaeto reactor or DIY stirrer for a demo :)

I have the leftover chips, plates, cups, and utensils here. I will bring them and maybe a dessert or something.

Any other idea for the meeting?

OP
OP
Monkeynaut

Monkeynaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sandwich bag swap sounds like fun

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, I'll have to miss this one. This February is just one of those months were I will be so busy that there isn't a date that would work. Hopefully I can catch on in March!

Hassablad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone glad to see your still here. I know its been a busy year. I had plans of building a larger tank but had to "Tank it". I bought this Reef Octopus skimmer and now need to sell it. It is new in the box and I have metric conversion fitting as well. Paid over $700 will take best offer over $600. Model is RO-RPS-3000EXT call or text me at 2565201899

20180203_171950.jpg

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's less than two weeks away now. Shall we get a headcount?
I will be there and bring a dessert and a Radioactive dragons eye zoa frag or two.
Anyone else?

eric.battani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That will be great :)
I suppose we can start planning what we can do during the meeting.

Would you all want to do a mini frag swap - the sandwich bag kind. No vendor with blue lights and shallow tanks, but people just bringing what they want to trade or sell in a sandwich bag or a plastic container.

If Eric (his family actually) has recovered from the flue, we may be able to talk him into bringing his Chaeto reactor or DIY stirrer for a demo :)

I have the leftover chips, plates, cups, and utensils here. I will bring them and maybe a dessert or something.

Any other idea for the meeting?

Sure, I can bring both! No call that weekend haha and everyone is healthy again.

OP
OP
Monkeynaut

Monkeynaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live a road over from @Tomoko Schum
I have a Seneye Par meter I can Demo if anyone is looking into those.

Last edited by a moderator:

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to be there if I'm on the top side of the grass that day and still sucking air.

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Par meter that I borrowed from Matt Guess. I have been trying to return it to Matt, but I have not been able to meet up with him . If he does not contact me before the meeting to get it back, I will bring it to the meeting. I am curious how it compares to Seneye. I don’t think he minds us trying to do that.

OP
OP
Monkeynaut

Monkeynaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a microscope with a camera if anyone has anything from their tank they want to try to look at. I am not very good with it yet. But it was interesting to see a diatom and algae from my tank moving around on the slide.

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a generous offer, Eric :)
I can bring my phytoplankton and rotifers for a microscope demo. It will be fun to look at microorganisms. The fast swimming little guy sure looks like tetraselmis.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back