TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Had to p
How did you get it out??
had to pull the rock he was hiding in. He broke in half as soon as he tried to get out. They break on their own almost to escape. A nightmare

Indiana Reefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude this is crazy!!! I’m sorry you had to deal with that little devil!! That is truly terrifying for a fish. I couldn’t believe that thing was 30” long!

Javier Leon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you got the other half out of the tank, because they will regrow back as normal.
I notice the other day that I have one on a rock on the left side of the tank is about 3-6 inches for what I can see that he pull the body out of the rock so not sure the actual size but soon when I relocate my tank to the final location I will remove that rock entirely out of the tank

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I'm in search of one. If you get it out looking to sell it?

3a33e14643c9ba3fb1b28c359ee275d5b82bf26a.jpg

OP
OP
TUSI

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dude this is crazy!!! I’m sorry you had to deal with that little devil!! That is truly terrifying for a fish. I couldn’t believe that thing was 30” long!
He costed me a lot of fish. But I am relieved and wanting to add more fish now. I had given up on certain fish that Nuevo know he was getting

OP
OP
TUSI

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did you got the other half out of the tank, because they will regrow back as normal.
I notice the other day that I have one on a rock on the left side of the tank is about 3-6 inches for what I can see that he pull the body out of the rock so not sure the actual size but soon when I relocate my tank to the final location I will remove that rock entirely out of the tank
If he pulled the entire body out of the hole he might be a big bristle worm. Hobbits don’t go out completely from my experience. I got him out completely in a big rock. He broke on his own coming out of the rock try to escape.

EddieJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh snap ! I have one of these in my tank ... Hasn’t touched any fish yet , but needs to go. Wife noticed it and when she saw that video she was like that’s it to the tee.

OP
OP
TUSI

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh snap ! I have one of these in my tank ... Hasn’t touched any fish yet , but needs to go. Wife noticed it and when she saw that video she was like that’s it to the tee.
If you are sure take it out before it goes after everything that moves. I only saw mine out at night and never completely out

O'l Salty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of forceps that are about 12" long. Could you grab him at night with something like that? You could preposition it over his hole so when he comes out at night you could quickly grab him.

OP
OP
TUSI

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a pair of forceps that are about 12" long. Could you grab him at night with something like that? You could preposition it over his hole so when he comes out at night you could quickly grab him.
If he breaks then you will have a bigger prob. They break easily sometimes on their own to escape. So I would be careful since they attach with thier tale.

marlinmon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Similar to what Stevie posted. Saw this video a while back. Need some way to clamp the worms head without breaking it, then a float or elastic to gently pull the worm out over time. Maybe attach the trap to a line and weight that's hanging over the tank and let gravity do the work.

o m g

Daniel Thompson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you looking to sell it?

EddieJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When we pinpoint which rock it’s in .. and remove it .. and see what it’s all about

EddieJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When we pinpoint which rock it’s in .. and remove it .. and see what it’s all about .

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 40 32.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back