OP
bsn_rn_cen

bsn_rn_cen

Grandmaster Algae Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whelp I guess I am going to have to come up with a new plan for ato storage. I explained my plan to my wife and she said "I already have to share my closet with your scrubs!" To which I responded, "Really those 4 hangers are killing you for space." All joking aside I am going to present my case again when she hasn't just finished a 12 hour shift...

OP
OP
bsn_rn_cen

bsn_rn_cen

Grandmaster Algae Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it is official, the unexciting biocube 29 rescue is an anemone tank. More will come on this when things get settled. I know that a nem will do what a nem wants to do and I am fine with that. In researching the mini maxi before purchase the general sentiment was that if your fish is eaten by one it probably had issues before hand. I can accept that, it makes since but what if the mini maxi parked itself in a prime location? For instance half way blocking Mimi's (my exquisite firefish) bolt hole with her inside. Is it possible to snag her (I was surprised by how sticky it was putting it in the tank) when she decides to come out? Should I try to tempt her out by feeding the tank and block her hole? Should I just be patient and let everything sort itself out? :confused: While I decide what to do here is a super, overly saturated in blue picture of the situation.
mini maxi.jpg

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whelp I guess I am going to have to come up with a new plan for ato storage. I explained my plan to my wife and she said "I already have to share my closet with your scrubs!" To which I responded, "Really those 4 hangers are killing you for space." All joking aside I am going to present my case again when she hasn't just finished a 12 hour shift...

LOL

giphy-8.gif

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well it is official, the unexciting biocube 29 rescue is an anemone tank. More will come on this when things get settled. I know that a nem will do what a nem wants to do and I am fine with that. In researching the mini maxi before purchase the general sentiment was that if your fish is eaten by one it probably had issues before hand. I can accept that, it makes since but what if the mini maxi parked itself in a prime location? For instance half way blocking Mimi's (my exquisite firefish) bolt hole with her inside. Is it possible to snag her (I was surprised by how sticky it was putting it in the tank) when she decides to come out? Should I try to tempt her out by feeding the tank and block her hole? Should I just be patient and let everything sort itself out? :confused: While I decide what to do here is a super, overly saturated in blue picture of the situation.
mini maxi.jpg
If you get a split I'd love one

OP
OP
bsn_rn_cen

bsn_rn_cen

Grandmaster Algae Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is Ryan, and I am a live sale addict. It has been 11 days since my last shopping spree. I had been doing so well. Managed to avoid multiple sales... On the 6th I was cruising the forums and thought "what the heck, I will just take a peak at AquaSD's items posted the day before." I have bought from them in the past and have been really happy with everything I received. What would it hurt to take a little peak, right? That is when the relapse began. I found a beautiful rock flower anemone named lilikoi that surprisingly had not been bought the day before. I initially was able to resist the urge. The live sale began and I was exercising my fingers taping the F5 key. I found myself scrolling back to check on it. It was still there. A little later, surely someone has bought it by now. Nope. I pulled up some Travels on Netflix to distract me. It wasn't long until I found myself seeing if it has sold yet. Nope. Traveler 3487 you are off mission, return to Netflix immediately. Like the addict that I am I turned to my wife, not for support or help to fight the urge. Nope, I went to her to justify my impulses. I pull it up and call out "Hey babe come here." She walks in and I say "Look how beautiful this anemone is." She looks at it and agrees that it is very pretty. I then proceed to tell her how it is on sale and remarkably nobody bought it yesterday when it came across. I then dropped the bomb and say "Wouldn't that look nice in the hall tank." That was the end. She said that it sure would and I snatched it up. With the initial purchase completed, Netflix and the Traveler were tossed to the side. I thought since I made a purchase I may as well watch the sale in case another good deal comes around. After all it would be a shame to spend that much money on shipping for just one anemone, right? I must have been super focused, because what happened next just doesn't seem to happen during a live sale. The gamer inside of me would scream HAX!!! if someone posted about it. In one posting 4 very nice rock flower anemones were posted at once. I won all 4 of them... This only fueled my relapse. I ended up buying a total of 7 rfa that afternoon... The sale came to a close and I showed pictures of my treasures to my wife. It was the first time she has been excited about anything I have bought for the tanks (she just doesn't have interest, she has never once given me a hard time about buying anything, its just not her thing.) Fast forward 2 days and @AquaSD posts a code for an additional 30% off items that didn't sell. Now I don't feel any shame about this. Except with this hobby, I am notoriously tight with my money. I save every penny I can and 30% is a steal. I scroll through all the unsold items and end up buying 2 mini maxi and a green bta named beast boy. It is far from the prettiest bta out there, some may even find it boring. Anyone with kids knows beast boy from Teen Titans. He is my 7 year olds favorite titan so of course it is the coolest creature to him. I have once again been very wordy... So how about some overly blue saturated, outdated cell phone pictures.
bta2.jpg
rfagarden.jpg

Several of the rfa have buried themselves and are in the process of moving to a suitable place. They are stunning when they open up. The wife loves them. The bta initially tucked itself in a hole, but has since moved out and expands nicely when the lights are up. I am super happy that it is bubbled. I know that can change but it makes it look so nice, I hope it decides to stay that way. Ironically the rainbow maxi mini was the cheapest purchase, but it may be my favorite. I had some anxiety earlier today when it shrank down and puked out some stringy slime. I know this could be just adjusting to the new tank but when its mouth was hanging open I convinced myself it was doomed. I checked in on it frequently and thankfully it has re-expanded and the mouth has closed. I am still concerned for its well being but am taking this as a good sign.

puke.jpg
puke1.jpg
mouf.jpg
mouf2.jpg

Last edited:

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is Ryan, and I am a live sale addict. It has been 11 days since my last shopping spree. I had been doing so well. Managed to avoid multiple sales... On the 6th I was cruising the forums and thought "what the heck, I will just take a peak at AquaSD's items posted the day before." I have bought from them in the past and have been really happy with everything I received. What would it hurt to take a little peak, right? That is when the relapse began. I found a beautiful rock flower anemone named lilikoi that surprisingly had not been bought the day before. I initially was able to resist the urge. The live sale began and I was exercising my fingers taping the F5 key. I found myself scrolling back to check on it. It was still there. A little later, surely someone has bought it by now. Nope. I pulled up some Travels on Netflix to distract me. It wasn't long until I found myself seeing if it has sold yet. Nope. Traveler 3487 you are off mission, return to Netflix immediately. Like the addict that I am I turned to my wife, not for support or help to fight the urge. Nope, I went to her to justify my impulses. I pull it up and call out "Hey babe come here." She walks and and I say "Look how beautiful this anemone is." She looks at it and agrees that it is very pretty. I then proceed to tell her how it is on sale and remarkably nobody bought it yesterday when it came across. I then dropped the bomb and say "Wouldn't that look nice in the hall tank." That was the end. She said that it sure would and I snatched it up. With the initial purchase completed, Netflix and the Traveler were tossed to the side. I thought since I made a purchase I may as well watch the sale in case another good deal comes around. After all it would be a shame to spend that much money on shipping for just one anemone, right? I must have been super focused, because what happened next just doesn't seem to happen during a live sale. The gamer inside of me would scream HAX!!! if someone posted about it. In one posting 4 very nice rock flower anemones were posted at once. I won all 4 of them... This only fueled my relapse. I ended up buying a total of 7 rfa that afternoon... The sale came to a close and I showed pictures of my treasures to my wife. It was the first time she has been excited about anything I have bought for the tanks (she just doesn't have interest, she has never once given me a hard time about buying anything, its just not her thing.) Fast forward 2 days and @AquaSD posts a code for an additional 30% off items that didn't sell. Now I don't feel any shame about this. Except with this hobby, I am notoriously tight with my money. I save every penny I can and 30% is a steal. I scroll through all the unsold items and end up buying 2 mini maxi and a green bta named beast boy. It is far from the prettiest bta out there, some may even find it boring. Anyone with kids knows beast boy from Teen Titans. He is my 7 year olds favorite titan so of course it is the coolest creature to him. I have once again been very wordy... So how about some overly blue saturated, outdated cell phone pictures.
bta2.jpg
rfagarden.jpg

Several of the rfa have buried themselves and are in the process of moving to a suitable place. They are stunning when they open up. The wife loves them. The bta initially tucked itself in a hole, but has since moved out and expands nicely when the lights are up. I am super happy that it is bubbled. I know that can change but it makes it look so nice, I hope it decides to stay that way. Ironically the rainbow maxi mini was the cheapest purchase, but it may be my favorite. I has some anxiety earlier today when it shrank down and puked out some stringy slime. I know this could be just adjusting to the new tank but when its mouth was hanging open I convinced myself it was doomed. I checked in on it frequently and thankfully it has re-expanded and the mouth has closed. I am still concerned for its well being but am taking this as a good sign.

puke.jpg
puke1.jpg
mouf.jpg
mouf2.jpg

Nice stuff! That BTA is looking good already.

OP
OP
bsn_rn_cen

bsn_rn_cen

Grandmaster Algae Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick little update here. I was cruising the Dr Foster and Smith website searching the clearance section (even though I spend money in this hobby I am still cheap deep down) and found the biocube protein skimmer. With the 20% off code and clearance price it cost next to nothing. My biocube 32 came with one, but I honestly don't know if it even makes a difference. It was cheap enough that I thought it can't hurt. Has anyone used this skimmer? Does anyone think it is even remotely effective? Side note, I received a Live Aquaria code in the box and may have made an order today....more to come...

OP
OP
bsn_rn_cen

bsn_rn_cen

Grandmaster Algae Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked over today and noticed I have 999 posts. I figured I would use my 1000th post to make a quick build thread update.

It is funny how I took over this tank because it cost next to nothing and have dumped so much more than it was worth new into upgrades. My wife is getting excited with how it is turning out so I am looking at it as an investment. Once I get her hooked it will be easier to convince her to let me do a dream tank. ;)

It amazes me how much evaporation can happen in the 13 hours while I am at work. I am unhappy with how much it is swinging daily so I went shopping. Today I received a my Tunze osmolator 3155 in a box with a nice reef2reef logo.

ato.jpg

I have yet to convince the wife to let me put a 20 gallon storage container in her closet, so I will be using a 3 gallon bucket under the stand. While this will work just fine I am not giving up on my plan. :cool:

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back