The Official 2015 Frag Farmer's Market Thread!!!

OP
OP
F

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the coral seller list as of now. There are a few "still need to confirms" so there will be a few additions in the next few weeks, but this should wet your appetite! It is also only the coral sellers. I will post the "dry goods" people in a bit when I clean up the list a bit.
Feel free to post this list where ever to help me spread the word.
Thanks-
-Jon

AC Corals (CT)
Alex's Advanced Aquatics (CT)
Aquadreams (MA)
Aquatic X-celelnce (NY)
AZNnutty's Saltwater Connections (OH)
BareBottom Corals (
Blastomaster/Dennis3366 (CT)
Coralcruze (NY)
Coralium (CT)
CDMAS (CT)
CTARS (CT)
dizzzy1209 (NJ)
Elmafioso52988 (MA)
E.O. Smith Coral Project (CT)
Exotic Fish and Corals (CT)
Exotic Reef Creations (NY)
Fish Frenzy (MA)
Frag Freaks (MA)
Frank180Reef (MA)
Gotham Aquatics (NY)
Greg Hiller (MA)
Hammer (NH)
Ijamcorals (MD)
Jason Foxx (MD)
Kwong1998 (NY)
Marine Reef Care (MA)
Mass Reef Care (MA)
Matt Spaulding (VT)
MetroKat's Sassy Frags (NY)
Micheal Reeve (CT)
MO~Idol (NY)
Neublian (CT)
Orange Country Corals (NY)
Pablo (NY)
Pacific East Aquaculture (MD)
Polywise (NY)
Popcorals (NJ)
R+R Aquatics (NJ)
Reef Creations (NY)
Sassawrasse (CT)
Shayna 123 (CT)
Shector (CT)
SteelerMike (CT)
sydaze4 (CT)
Suicideissleep (CT)
The Coral Reef (CT)
Tinygiant (Chris) (VT)
Ultimate Corals (NJ)
Upstate Corals (NY)
Wet Pets (CT)
xclusive corals (NY)
Zybergoby (NY)

OP
OP
F

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Raffle "leak"...
Logan at ReefBreeders is putting a 4 channel dosing pump into the raffle at the FFM this year. I also want to extend a special thanks to him for offering to light tanks at the FFM for people who need (including the school's tank!) He will also be at the FFM this year showing off his LED fixtures, pumps, etc... A great guy and a great company- thanks Logan!

OP
OP
F

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have gotten a TON of emails asking for clarification on how the FFM works so I thought it might be easier to just post the general info for people who have not been in the past.
The FFM is on March 7th and the doors open to the public at 11am (there is usually quite a line by then!). There are no advance tickets, you just need to pay at the door that day. Admission is $5 per person. Spouses, and kids under 15 are free.
It is a GIANT coral market, with a TON of corals for sale. Some swapping does go on but it is really just a way to bring together as many hobbyists and local shops as I can to sell off their "homegrown" stuff. The focus is really on the "homegrown" corals and promoting aquaculture, so you can figure on seeing lots of frags of all different types.
My seller list is pretty much full and I already have a small waiting list to get a space if people cancel but people are welcome to shoot me a PM and get on it. I have already had some spots open, so you never know!
Do me a favor in the last few weeks- spread the word! I need this event EVERYWHERE (facebook, twitter, instagram, other forums, etc...). Help me to make sure EVERYONE atleast knows about it. Thanks!
-Jon

captc07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is time to start seeing some lists!! So if you are selling lets see what ya plan on bringing!

OP
OP
F

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The FFM always puts me in an awkward spot around this time. Typical meetings encourage people to post things that they have for sale, that they would be willing to bring to the meeting. For the FFM, I have hobbyists who have paid to have a space so that the can sell their frags to the attendees. In fairness to the hobbyists and shops that have paid in, I would prefer that the "what I have posts" be limited to the people who will be setting up at the FFM. I am not saying that people do not sell outside of the vendors, but I really have to try to keep it fair for the people who are committing to the FFM to sell. I would love to see all of my vendors post pics of the sweet corals that they are bringing along so people will know why they NEED to come to the FFM this year. Hopefully, people understand my position on this.

OP
OP
F

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lou Elkus, from Tropic Marin and a huge supporter of the school's project, and I had been talking about the range of the crowd at the FFM- from legendary reefer to complete newbie. Lou mentioned that he gives a number of talks about reef chemistry. Having talked to Lou a number of times about various aspects of my own reefs, I thought it would be a great idea to include one of Lou's talks at the FFM to get some of the newer people up to speed on their own tanks. Here is the official announcement for Lou's talk:

At 1pm in the lecture hall of the school (just around the corner from all the corals!) Lou will be giving a talk titled "Basic Reef Chemistry." The talk will be focused on teaching the newer reefer the basics of reef chemistry including calcium, alkalinity, magnesium and more. I have heard Lou speak a number of times and he really has a gift for breaking down the complex ideas of reef chemistry into an easily understandable package. I highly recommend it. Oh, and by the way, the talk is FREE and anyone who attends the talk will be in the running for a $25 FFM Gift Certificate to be pulled at the end of the talk.
Thanks and see you all in a few weeks!
Jon

Aqua-Dreams

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a Semi-Partial list:

Ponape Birdsnest
Mystic sunset Montipora
Bird of Paradise
Sour Apple Birdsnest
Mint Pavona
Blue Tort
Papaya Clove
Hawkins Echinata
Blue Vermiculata
Red Dragon
Dozens of paly's / zoas
acan lords
Red & Green M.Cap
Green stylophora
Green cat's paw
Green slimer
Blue tip stag
Mind trick
Undata
Purple undata
Red Polyp Cap
blue polyp cap
Pavona maldivensis
platygyra
Orange leptastrea
stunner chalice
Christmas Favia
Teal Acro
Deepwater Yellow
Green Hydnophora
rastas
fruit loops
purple death
sunset death
saturns ring
magicians
incredible hulks
my clementines
& more....

Trying to gauge interest in scoly, wellso, and other full size LPS corals... to bring or not to bring! ? also post your requests, i.e., clams or other colonies you might be looking for!

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Aqua-Dreams I only buy scoly and plates etc at these type of events because it's about the only time reasonable prices can be found. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

sassAwrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can come find me in ROOM 111

ZOAS/PALYS:

Bleeding Hearts, Blood Vulcan, Blue Hornets, Blue ****** Morph, Blue Tubbs, Candy Apple Red, Captain Americas, Chong Bongs, Chucky’s Bride, Hawaiian Ding Dangs, Eagle Eyes, Fire & Ice, Goblin’s Fire Morph, Godzilla Eyes, Gorilla Nipples, Jokers, Kedds Redds, King Midas, LA Lakers, Mohawk Morph, My Clementines, Nuclear Green Death,
Oompa Loompa, ASD Orange Mauls, Pink Panther Morph,
Pink Zippers, PS Blue Lagoon, Purple Death, Raptor Rainbow, Rastas, Red People Eaters (Hawaiian), Scrambled Eggs, ASD Spitfire, Toxic Revenge, Tutti Frutti, Tyree Orange Rainbows, Xmen, and
Many Unknown.

LPS/SPS/Mushrooms:

Limited quantities of Mushrooms, Acans, Favias, Chalices, and SPS including but not limited to: Green Pocillopora, Tricolor Valida, Green Mycedium, Miami Hurricane Chalice, Pagoda Cup, Orange Lepto, Rainbow Yumas, Green Striped Mushrooms, Blue & Yellow Yumas, Purple Stylo.

I took some more pictures tonight. I've got everything uploaded here:

Frag Farmer Market 2015 Photos by nrbphotography | Photobucket

chriskid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are just two of the awesome pieces CTARS has in our sale tank this year!!
We are still looking for donations for the tank too for anyone out there looking to help us out :tongue:

DSC00195.jpg

DSC00196.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back