The Official MACNA Photo and Event Thread for R2R!

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We couldn't resist taking a few pics of some of the tanks while we were there:

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the pictures people....i honestly cant wait for this to be down here next year!!! Looks like an awesome time!

3Twinklets

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We totally forgot about asking for buttons!

My wife and I ended up with about a dozen shirts. The ORA shirt was my favorite besides the r2r shirt.

I did horrible at the button hunt. I think I ended up with about 5 out of 25. I took them all off except for the r2r button.

3Twinklets

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Already bought my tickets for next year. This time, I am going to get there early. Office can just wait!!

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And a few more...

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice!

I wanna see some clam pic's?

Dr. Mac (Pacific East Aquaculture) had a tank stuffed full of them. I'll have to look and see if we snagged a pic. There are some baby clams in ORA's circular tank.

Last edited:

M@!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dr. Mac (Pacific East Aquaculture) had a tank stuffed full of them. I'll have to look and see if we snagged a pic. There are some baby clams in ORA's circular tank.
LFS in Dallas bought a lot of the livestock from MACNA. I scored one of those ORA clams yesterday.

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skinz, the tank I bought my clam from was wall to wall large maxima clams all different colors, every color of blue, green, gold, purple and some mixed up. It was a small space and it was so crowded when I was trying to take pics. Reef Deep Aquatics was the vendor. All the clams in the tank were as big as my hand.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
GREAT pictures!! WOW!

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone feel the tremor? (pulled from online jut now)
"
DALLAS — A small earthquake followed by an aftershock rattled a suburb west of Dallas overnight, cracking some walls and knocking down pictures, but authorities reported no serious damage and the unscathed Dallas-Fort Worth airport near the epicenter kept up normal flight operations." "The initial earthquake measuring a preliminary magnitude of 3.4 struck at 11:05 p.m." and the aftershock was 3.1

What?!?!? I'm home now, and just finding out about this!! :tongue:

So even though I did not go to MACNA, I think it would be cool to see a "Best photo taken at MACNA '12" contest. Does anyone second that?

Great idea!

I missed the reef savvy tank giveaway by one number that R2R gave away!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2.

Bummer!!!!!!

R2R really went above and beyond. Great job by Rev and family. The guy that won the tank almost passed out he was so shocked.

Thanks! :D

XL here. I missed the shirts as well tonya (revsgirl) told me they went thru 950 of them

We're gonna check reserves and see what we can do! I remember you stopping by, hopefully we can get one out to ya!

Everyone give Alycia some props for wearing that hot clownfish suit, she did a great job!

She did an amazing job!! I'm thinking that David's going to have a contest for it's official name!!

Guess I need to branch out more and use R2R more as it's becoming more attractive than some other sites. Great job to everyone that put together the booth, shirts, towels, raffle prizes, etc. :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Thanks a lot!! It was great meeting you!! Hope to see you around the forums!!!

Got to meet Rhev and Tonia and Loki.

The R2R booth was awesome. They were all so busy, yet took the time to talk. Thanks so much!!

Thanks!! It was great meeting you as well!! Awesome to put a name with a face!

PS: Alycia made a great clown!! Good sport.. She must have been sweltering!!

She almost passed out the first day! We had no idea how hot it got in there!! All I could hear coming from the side of the booth was, "Mama! Get me out!" Bless her heart! :kiss:

I was the lucky winner of the big magnetic rock frag holder, thank you to R2R for an awesome raffle... Will be donating to the site tonight when I get home and lifetime supporter here. Thanks a lot!

:clap2: Alright! Congrats!!

I want one of these T-Shirts! LoL Are they for sale?

IMG_9981.jpg

Hopefully we're going to get some flowing! A lot of requests for them!

LOL I just read this entire thread, David and R2R ROCKED AND ROLLED, ruled the aquarium community !!!!! David great work !!!!!

Thanks!! Lookin' forward to hopefully being down your way next year!!

My 1st post!
I was at MACNA this weekend and had the pleasure meeting revhtree, his wife and other members of this forum. I have looked over the forum, saw that it was an awesome community, and joined. I will be posting a new build out on here (Tank bought at MACNA). I look forward to being a part of this community!

:clap2: Woo! Hoo! Great to have ya!!

dgiglio3087

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a wonderful time at macna really nice getting to meet rev and his wife.... And meeting everyone else... The only thing that didn't go so well was the raffle but I wasn't going to win anyways! Lol Hopefully my local club will be successful in getting macna down here in New Orleans within the next couple of years!

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice pics M&T. which tanks were your favorites? I saw a bunch in there that have multiple clowns? I think it's because clowns are very hardy and are readily available from breeders. that's what I enjoy most about my tank. clowns and BTA's are propped and raised by fellow hobbiest. :)

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marvin,

Nearly every tank had a clownish or two in them. Many of them had Sustainable Aquatics stickers on them so I assumed that they were providing many of the clowns for other vendors tanks.

One of the ORA tanks was crammed full with different ocellaris clowns.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marvin,

Nearly every tank had a clownish or two in them. Many of them had Sustainable Aquatics stickers on them so I assumed that they were providing many of the clowns for other vendors tanks.

One of the ORA tanks was crammed full with different ocellaris clowns.
yeah. was SA there to represent? must be awesome to see their display with all the designer clowns. also, the ORA tank.. I'm sure they had 1 or 2 of their latest and greatest designers. :)

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes SA was there.

My favorite clowns at macna had white eyebrows (I can't remember the name or the company). I had never seen them before.

Maybe someone can refresh my memory or post a pic.

Selt1018

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
best pics for me so far. :bigsmile:

how big is that clown? what's the buzz around this clown? did they release any at the show?

It was around an inch long. And they were saying the white area on it would probably turn yellow as it grew up. It is a straight Maroon breed it hasnt been bred with any other type of clown. That was pretty much all I got while talking to them and other people at the ORA booth. I know some others got more information hopefully they will post it.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back