The Official MACNA Photo and Event Thread for R2R!

Titus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes SA was there.

My favorite clowns at macna had white eyebrows (I can't remember the name or the company). I had never seen them before.

Maybe someone can refresh my memory or post a pic.
Was it these?
20120930132242.jpg

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes SA was there.

My favorite clowns at macna had white eyebrows (I can't remember the name or the company). I had never seen them before.

Maybe someone can refresh my memory or post a pic.
I really need to plan a trip for MACNA. white eyebrows? interesting....

It was around an inch long. And they were saying the white area on it would probably turn yellow as it grew up. It is a straight Maroon breed it hasnt been bred with any other type of clown. That was pretty much all I got while talking to them and other people at the ORA booth. I know some others got more information hopefully they will post it.
this is interesting too. turns yellow or gold? I've been reading gold.. I guess that's the same as yellow. LoL. it will be interesting to see the progression of this new designer. I'm still biased to the Perc family though. ;)

M@!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grabbed a quick pic on my lunch break. I didn't think about covering up the one LED on top of the clam until I after I turned all my pumps back on. :squigglemouth:

Attachments

• clam.jpg
    clam.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 444

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a wonderful time at macna really nice getting to meet rev and his wife.... And meeting everyone else... The only thing that didn't go so well was the raffle but I wasn't going to win anyways! Lol Hopefully my local club will be successful in getting macna down here in New Orleans within the next couple of years!

It was very nice meeting you as well! Maybe MACNA will mosey on down to New Orleans soon! :D

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marvin,

These are the clowns I was talking about. I was reading your thread and saw someone comment about the long island reds and remembered they were at the same vendor.

Todd's Groucho-cintus

http://reefgen.com/rg-captive-bred-swimmers/

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice pics M&T. which tanks were your favorites? I saw a bunch in there that have multiple clowns? I think it's because clowns are very hardy and are readily available from breeders. that's what I enjoy most about my tank. clowns and BTA's are propped and raised by fellow hobbiest. :)

Thanks Marvin! You know trying to pick a particular tank as our favorite is just too hard. There were a lot of very nice ones. We really liked the peninsula tank that was setup for the Coral Restoration Foundation as it was really cool to see a mini version of one of their nurseries. The Red Sea 150g tank and cabinetry was beautiful and completely silent. The Reef Savvy tanks and stands are absolutely STUNNING pieces of art. There were quite a few very nice looking nano tanks and the ORA circular tank was just very cool to look at.

And yes, there were TONS of beautiful captive bred clownfish EVERYWHERE. :bigsmile:

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they have me beat.

25557816.jpg 25557815.jpg

I am going to lay out my tee shirts later to get photos.

You were the "Swag King" for sure, LOL!

64Ivy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone recall the name of the booth that featured that underwater vacuum hair algae remover thingee? I believe it was located somewhere in the back 'raffle room'.

AquamanE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah that looks like just wayyyyy tooooo good of a time to not attend in Hollywood Fl next year.. How much were rooms going for down that way?

Four Star Hotel on THE OCEAN......Bam, $129 a night

Dustin1300

Reefaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few more...

Cool tank that a coral reseller had:
IMG_1466.jpg

New Fluval I'd like to have that'd make a nice office tank!
IMG_1461.jpg

ATI/LED 48" Light and Program on Laptop:
IMG_1465.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

Vertex Doser:
IMG_1453.jpg

IMG_1459.jpg

Vertex Cerebra:
IMG_1455.jpg

IMG_1456.jpg

IMG_1458.jpg

A large colony of blastos:
IMG_1494.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 41.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back