The Official WWC Eye Candy Thread!!!! You Don't Wanna Miss This!!!! FUEGO! FUEGO!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WD tenuis is extra shaggy today!

zD58U5Ml.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering why does this mother colony picture look so different from the mother colony picture of the WD frag you are currently selling? @WWC

50F7BBA4-27E5-4C77-89E1-D6FE5C0F75AD.jpeg

Excellent question! This photo you reference was taken about 9 months ago while the Walt Disney colony in question was in more of lavender/purple phase which does happen from time to time. Rainbow Tenuis such as the Homewrecker and the Walt Disney can shift colors depending on the environment in one's reef. That said the photo in question was taken under strictly actinic Reefbrites (which can make stuff crazy looking when photographing) and not under actinic Radion's such as we do now. Hope this clears this up.

I added a few more photos showing the transitions we've seen over just the past year.

Walt_Disney_Acropora_WCS02787-SM.jpg

Walt_Disney_Acropora_WCS06836-SM.jpg

Walt_Disney_Tenuis_Acropora_00742_SM.jpg

Walt_Disney_Tenuis_Acropora_07600-SM.jpg

BigRich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent question! This photo you reference was taken about 9 months ago while the Walt Disney colony in question was in more of lavender/purple phase which does happen from time to time. Rainbow Tenuis such as the Homewrecker and the Walt Disney can shift colors depending on the environment in one's reef. That said the photo in question was taken under strictly actinic Reefbrites (which can make stuff crazy looking when photographing) and not under actinic Radion's such as we do now. Hope this clears this up.

I added a few more photos showing the transitions we've seen over just the past year.

Walt_Disney_Acropora_WCS02787-SM.jpg

Walt_Disney_Acropora_WCS06836-SM.jpg

Walt_Disney_Tenuis_Acropora_00742_SM.jpg

Walt_Disney_Tenuis_Acropora_07600-SM.jpg

Really interesting to see how much light changes/time/etc can effect color coloration. The reason I asked is I thought it was possibly some new “morph” of WD. The time lapse of the color change is really amazing! I’m always learning, glad I asked. Great work as usual @WWC

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Say hello to this stupefying Acan echinata and it’s crazy bubble growing toward the top... Genetic? Environmental? Hard to say what caused it, but it’s weird and beautiful at the same time

U2za8wal.jpg

Back