ClearView Aquarium Lids Master Thread - It all started RIGHT HERE!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@mwilk19 18 months and counting, still looking amazing! And thanks for helping out on the thread to you @xionggotstyle & @Fringe09. Extra shout out to @mfinn as well for dialing in on the regular as well.

@Water Dog 90% of the time when a cutout is requested for the Apex/Neptune Auto Feeder the recommended/requested size is 3 1/4 x 1 3/4 as mwilk19 stated. We do often recommend careful thought on this due to the opening present for fish escape. Your livestock and their carpet surf potential should indeed be taken into consideration. Every tank can be different here. mwilk19 18 months and going with zero jumps where others have had fish find even smaller openings to capitalize on.

On larger lids, as you can see, the frame width is quite sufficient to support the Apex/Neptune AFS without a cutout and allow food to be dispensed through the mesh. You can also request that the frame width be made wider in the back/side/wherever planning to place the AFS if you would like a larger frame footprint for support.

An alternative feeder that we've worked with, though far less frequently than the Apex/Neptune is that from Eheim. It's a lot bigger but only requires a 1x1 cutout for glass mounting. As it extends further into the tank it doesn't need a cutout to clear the frame and still allows dispensing through the mesh. https://www.eheim.com/en_GB/accessories/installation/feeding_fish_feeder

jmp21677

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems the customer service is back! Got a quick response for the issues I had with multiple solutions. They even shipped priority when there was no need at all! Really appreciate it and glad to see things coming around!

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my custom lid last week! Looks great, well made, fits perfect! Thanks! I will be sure to post pics when the tank is up and running

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ArtFully Acrylic glad you’re back! I emailed a few times the past two weeks about the replacement piece of spline and the locking feeding door you offered a few pages ago—- hope everything is okay since your loss :(

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few Qs,
1) Are Ecotech RMS mounts a standard sized cutout and will the protruding extended stainless screw clear the top of the lid?
2) Do I just list somewhere on the order form, the spacing for the RMS cutouts?
3) Can I "not" have a cutout for the overflow as pictured in the exampled CadLight 70 Artisian II?
4) Most current turnaround time from ordering to shipping?

TIA

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my custom lid last week! Looks great, well made, fits perfect! Thanks! I will be sure to post pics when the tank is up and running

We look forward to seeing pics!!

Ordered mine 2 weeks ago. Thinking it should be here just as I am ready to add my fish. Really excited to see it!

We are excited for you to see it also! Hope the timing works out just as you have planned!

@ArtFully Acrylic glad you’re back! I emailed a few times the past two weeks about the replacement piece of spline and the locking feeding door you offered a few pages ago—- hope everything is okay since your loss :(

Thanks for the condolences Harry. I sent you an email on the spline/locker door with how we can get that to you.

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few Qs,
1) Are Ecotech RMS mounts a standard sized cutout and will the protruding extended stainless screw clear the top of the lid?
2) Do I just list somewhere on the order form, the spacing for the RMS cutouts?
3) Can I "not" have a cutout for the overflow as pictured in the exampled CadLight 70 Artisian II?
4) Most current turnaround time from ordering to shipping?

TIA

1) The length (3.5") is standard. The width however varies based on factory spacer use. The numbers we get are generally anywhere between 3/4"-2". This should be measured from INSIDE the glass to widest point of the mount (not including the screw).

1a) The lid only sits 1/8" above the top edge of the glass. In most cases this clears below the screw. In the event this doesn't clear the screw we recommend raising the RMS mounts by 1/8" so they do clear. You should not need any add'l equipment to facilitate this small increase in height but can place an 1/8" shim/spacer under the mount if you like. This could be fashioned from a material such as neoprene or a foam like material commonly found in mouse pads. This is a far better solution than having the entire 3.5" long cutout made as wide as the screws extension which would lead to more escape options for your fish.

2) There's a box for order comments at the bottom of the checkout page. This is where you should list any custom information. Here you may say for example "The left mount starts 7.5" from the inside of the left glass". This will give us the spacing info we need.

3) If your overflow sits 1/4" below top edge of the glass then you do indeed have the option of foregoing the overflow cutout. You can state this in order comments as well.

4) Current turn around is quoted at 4-6 weeks.

MoOriginal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys - there are a lot pages - so ill just ask my little question - do you deliver to the UK or the EU.

I tried your website and it wont let me put in a UK postcode - also if you dont deliver to EU - when will you !

sil40sx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ArtFully Acrylic, whats the turn around time for reefer 250 lid without any cutouts? Well, just the overflow standard cutout of course.

I know it says 6 weeks on your website, but since there's no custom cutouts, I am assuming it's a tad bit quicker?

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think they are programming mine shouldn’t be long now .

Not at all =). Your lid shipped out today in fact!

Hi guys - there are a lot pages - so ill just ask my little question - do you deliver to the UK or the EU.

I tried your website and it wont let me put in a UK postcode - also if you dont deliver to EU - when will you !

We do indeed deliver to the UK...and many other international locations. Email your postcode to us at [email protected] and we will generate a shipping quote for you. Please also include what lid you are looking for a quote on.

@ArtFully Acrylic, whats the turn around time for reefer 250 lid without any cutouts? Well, just the overflow standard cutout of course.

I know it says 6 weeks on your website, but since there's no custom cutouts, I am assuming it's a tad bit quicker?

Indeed many lids without customization do go out quicker than the published 6 weeks as they bypass the confirmation and programming process. How much quicker depends on sheet optimization (imagine a massive game of Tetris) and CNC schedule. Smaller popular lids like the 250 and 170 are easier to find a spot for on sheets occupied by larger lids that leave a lot of empty space. 4 weeks is a fair average currently.

sil40sx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Indeed many lids without customization do go out quicker than the published 6 weeks as they bypass the confirmation and programming process. How much quicker depends on sheet optimization (imagine a massive game of Tetris) and CNC schedule. Smaller popular lids like the 250 and 170 are easier to find a spot for on sheets occupied by larger lids that leave a lot of empty space. 4 weeks is a fair average currently.

Oh nice, right in time for Christmas! Perfect gift for my Spotted jawfish who likes to carpet surfing.

Any holiday Coupon by any chance? :D

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh nice, right in time for Christmas! Perfect gift for my Spotted jawfish who likes to carpet surfing.

Any holiday Coupon by any chance? :D

We surpassed the fanfare and distraction of a holiday coupon for black friday to lend important attention to serving current customers and getting orders caught up and back on/ahead of schedule. Happily, we are there and actually surpassing most all of our acceleration and service goals. Does that mean that we will have a holiday coupon closer to Christmas/New Year?!

We have some exciting new product and infrastructure developments planned as the new year closes in. Part of this development will include a less rigid pricing strategy which will allow us to offer many of our products at a lower cost starting point.

For a Christmas gift to an awesome spotted jawfish we recommend not worrying over such details however and getting your order in and queued up so he gets to enjoy it sooner than later =).

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back