ClearView Aquarium Lids Master Thread - It all started RIGHT HERE!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Celtic_Fox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Adam,

Could you please post the RSR450 CAD file (like you did in post #1281 for the RSR350), or direct me to a place where I can download it? (I'd like to draw out my exact modifications on it and submit it with my order.)

Thank you!

Halo_003

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks,

just a brief review here. I ordered April 12th, and sent a couple of emails around early May I believe just to ask if there was a tentative timeline. Those went unanswered (which honestly didn't bother me at all), but they did reach out to me March 12th to confirm measurements and verify what the dimensions of my tank are. I ended up needing it to be about .5" longer than the average IM Nuvo 30 Black, and got two small cord slots cut in it. I shot back over a drawing with the accurate measurements, and on May 16th received shipping confirmation. I replied directly to the shipment notification asking if the changes to the drawing were made prior to cutting and shipment, and got an answer back within a couple of hours that they had.

It arrived yesterday flawless from shipping and the fit was perfect, just a tiny bit of wiggle room on each side. Upon measuring it came out exactly as I sent over to them. I know they get some flak for being difficult to contact, but I can vouch for the quality of the work. I really only couldn't reach them before they were ready to cut mine, once they had reached out to me I got replies within a couple of hours.

I am really impressed with how it turned out and assuming they are still doing lids I will reach back out to them when I inevitably upgrade.

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine today as well.Well... Amazing job! Really glad i decided to deal with you guys.
Have to admit i wasn't sure what to expect...Really happy and highly recommend to anyone.
THANK YOU GUYS!!!!

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn’t be more happier person! Thx guys for beautiful lid!

4C84EA19-95FE-43D3-8EEC-AAA860B834CA.jpeg

CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excited! Ordered my Classic a week or two ago. Super stoked. Pics coming soon.

NoWaiAma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to look into ordering one for my JBJ 28 AIO and the site isn’t letting me add cut outs to cart?

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ArtFully Acrylic Do you have a standard size cutout for a lid cut out for a Sea-SWEEP (not swirl). I will follow up this post with an email.

** If not how would I measure that?
They did one for me and it fits around two Sea Swirls perfectly. I sent them a measured drawing and the lid fits like a glove.

AcrylicTop.jpg

Norcalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know thanks. I messaged these guys like 2 months ago from their own site about a top. Never got a response. I choose not support businesses like this with my money. To me customer service comes first and clearly it is not a priority to them. Must be nice to have so much business you can straight ignore a potential customer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is kind of disappointing to read about such poor customer service from a business that obviously pays to be a vendor sponsor or supporting vendor....or whatever it's called to drum up business and profits and (you would hope) they would support the community here and provide the same type of response as they expect when asking for your $$. I suppose that I will not even test the water here and just move on to a more recommended vendor. Thanks for the feedback guys (and gals).

DVaDeR77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These guys make an awesome product. I have one of there lids. Love about an hour away from them. However was in the area about two weeks ago went to Stop buy and no store closed down and have no idea where they moved to if they even reopened. Sucks too cause they were good people with an awesome product.

CWR24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These guys make an awesome product. I have one of there lids. Love about an hour away from them. However was in the area about two weeks ago went to Stop buy and no store closed down and have no idea where they moved to if they even reopened. Sucks too cause they were good people with an awesome product.

CRAZY!! I was very hesitant to do business with them but did, and was a hassle for sure. I did receive my lid in April and it's a nice product.

But their business practices were pretty hard to deal with. Good luck to whoever is waiting on them....

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well that stinks if they are out of business I have one and it is very nice.
Was going to have them make me a few more.
There are several other places making them and other R2R sponsors that are almost exactly the same.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back