ClearView Aquarium Lids Master Thread - It all started RIGHT HERE!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CDavmd

AstroReefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that stinks if they are out of business I have one and it is very nice.
Was going to have them make me a few more.
There are several other places making them and other R2R sponsors that are almost exactly the same.

What stinks is their lack of communication! Their website is still up and it’s possible to still place orders....if they are truly out of business then this is now fraud.

I am currently out a significant sum of money. Based on PayPal’s terms I may be screwed.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What stinks is their lack of communication! Their website is still up and it’s possible to still place orders....if they are truly out of business then this is now fraud.

I am currently out a significant sum of money. Based on PayPal’s terms I may be screwed.

I do not know if they are out of business, just going by what is being said in the thread. Maybe they moved, moving or on vacation.
Paypal has always come through for me. If not your charge card company should.

Problem online businesses when they go out of business sometimes the site stays up because it is paid for and they do not think about it. Should they take it down? Absolutely because it can run into problems for them now if people are buying stuff. If they are on vacation or moving it should also be posted on their site, there are no excuses but it does happen..

I hope it goes well for you because this kind of stuff stinks. Sad but it is the hazards of internet purchasing and I have seen it so many times in this hobby.
Easy to mess us over because in this hobby we are pretty trusting group. We are also eager for deals because of the price of the hobby. But I know pretty many people messed over even in the for sale forums over the years, even me. From not getting items or items not close to described.

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ArtFully Acrylic

I have emailed you repeatedly regarding my order without response. I have sent you a message through PayPal as well as your "[email protected]" as listed on your receipt. At this point your lack of response is disconcerting. PLEASE CANCEL MY ORDER. Order number AAIC7013

Thank you.

Hi Carlos, I am in receipt of your request to cancel your order that you sent yesterday afternoon. I sent you an email about 30 min ago. We apologize for any inconvenience and misunderstanding.

I have been out of the shop ill since Friday so was unable to answer your status request that you sent on Monday. I am back in the shop today. I do now see in reviewing your file that we also missed an email from you that was sent on 7/30, the same day you placed your order, but I do not see any other emails or messages from you outside of the status request on Monday and your email/missed chat message from yesterday so hope we didn't miss something else from you. I apologize for the oversight of the email sent on 7/30. Your order was set to enter the programming stage this week. Per the website, lids with custom cutouts do take up to 6 weeks to complete and ship.

In the event you'd like to proceed with your order on the currently scheduled timeline please let me know so we can discuss and confirm the setup for your cutouts. If you would still like to cancel your order I certainly understand and will have your refund processed through PayPal later this afternoon.

We only became aware of this string of messages on R2R when we were informed by another customer about the messages via chat on our website this morning. We have been working very hard to improve our response time to customers and refining our processes over the last several months. It's been the focus on this improvement, and an ongoing website migration, that has resulted in us minimizing our activity on R2R and other forums lately in fact. We needed to scale back a bit in order to scale up and take our service to the next level.

CDavmd

AstroReefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received an email from them regarding my cancellation which I confirmed.

Based on the content of the response they are NOT out of business.

I thought the community should know that.

NoWaiAma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Messaged via site early July and never heard back myself. Assumed the same.

CDavmd

AstroReefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Carlos, I am in receipt of your request to cancel your order that you sent yesterday afternoon. I sent you an email about 30 min ago. We apologize for any inconvenience and misunderstanding.

I have been out of the shop ill since Friday so was unable to answer your status request that you sent on Monday. I am back in the shop today. I do now see in reviewing your file that we also missed an email from you that was sent on 7/30, the same day you placed your order, but I do not see any other emails or messages from you outside of the status request on Monday and your email/missed chat message from yesterday so hope we didn't miss something else from you. I apologize for the oversight of the email sent on 7/30. Your order was set to enter the programming stage this week. Per the website, lids with custom cutouts do take up to 6 weeks to complete and ship.

In the event you'd like to proceed with your order on the currently scheduled timeline please let me know so we can discuss and confirm the setup for your cutouts. If you would still like to cancel your order I certainly understand and will have your refund processed through PayPal later this afternoon.

We only became aware of this string of messages on R2R when we were informed by another customer about the messages via chat on our website this morning. We have been working very hard to improve our response time to customers and refining our processes over the last several months. It's been the focus on this improvement, and an ongoing website migration, that has resulted in us minimizing our activity on R2R and other forums lately in fact. We needed to scale back a bit in order to scale up and take our service to the next level.

As per my email. Thank you for the response. I would like my order cancelled.

I wish you the best of luck as you mature your business.

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These guys make an awesome product. I have one of there lids. Love about an hour away from them. However was in the area about two weeks ago went to Stop buy and no store closed down and have no idea where they moved to if they even reopened. Sucks too cause they were good people with an awesome product.

Hey there! Long time DVaDeR77 =). We are still very much alive and kicking; in the same location since October 2012. We did close the retail store portion of the business (Incredible Corals) late last year and transitioned the whole space for shop operations. We are available by appointment to discuss local projects, but do not maintain regular public 'open' hours since we closed the fish store.

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Messaged via site early July and never heard back myself. Assumed the same.

Sorry we missed you! We've had quite a few intermittent issues with notifications and receipt of messages sent through the website's contact form in the last 2 months. Some links and processes were broken as we began undergoing our site migration. Emailing us directly at [email protected] is currently the most reliable means of reaching us.

We are excited to report that we are putting the final touches on the new website and will have it live likely later today/tomorrow =). Along with that launch will come a SWEET sale just in time for Labor Day Weekend so stay tuned if you are still in the market for a lid for your tank.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry we missed you! We've had quite a few intermittent issues with notifications and receipt of messages sent through the website's contact form in the last 2 months. Some links and processes were broken as we began undergoing our site migration. Emailing us directly at [email protected] is currently the most reliable means of reaching us.

We are excited to report that we are putting the final touches on the new website and will have it live likely later today/tomorrow =). Along with that launch will come a SWEET sale just in time for Labor Day Weekend so stay tuned if you are still in the market for a lid for your tank.

That is good to hear.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hey there! Long time DVaDeR77 =). We are still very much alive and kicking; in the same location since October 2012. .

That is good to hear.
I still absolutely love my Artfully Acrylic top.
You make a quality product and people who see mine say so too.

I truly hope you work through the message/response time issue soon.

Salty.Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is good to hear.
I still absolutely love my Artfully Acrylic top.
You make a quality product and people who see mine say so too.

I truly hope you work through the message/response time issue soon.
Ditto. I got a new tank that I want to put wrasses in. Seeing all of this makes me hesitant but I love my top you guys made

NoWaiAma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My incoming 525 needs a lid! So I'll keep an eye out for the sale.
Have the red sea one in a box, but it looks like junk...
I’ve got a 525 I need to set up. My lid from another vendor for my 28 comes this week. So we shall see.

akwok

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When will the labor day weekend coupon be live? Really looking forward to getting one of these for my nuvo 20!

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our Labor Day Sale has just been posted. You can find it here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/c...-off-tsunami-lids-15-off-classic-lids.447666/

PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST USE THE NEW WEBSITE TO TAKE PART IN THE SALE!!

CLEARVIEW LABOR DAY SALE - ENDS 9/9/18 11:59pm EST

We have been putting in quite a bit of EXTRA LABOR in the last couple months getting our new website ready for prime time and working on our back end process to improve response and lead times for our customers. It has also been a VERY long time since we've had a sale; so we figure there couldn't be a more fitting holiday for us to have one ;)!!!

Our new website address is www.clearviewlids.com
We will be closing out the old website (www.artfullyacrylic.com) over the next week or so as we confirm all is running smoothly with the new site and have setup all the URL redirects.

15% OFF Classic ClearView Lids - Use Discount Code 'LaborDayClassic15' at Checkout
20% OFF Tsunami ClearView Lids - Use Discount Code 'LaborDayTsunami20' at Checkout

*Discount does not apply to Options/Add-On's or Tsunami Build & Screen Services

If you are not familiar with the key differences between our original ClearView Classic Lids and our evolutionary ClearView Tsunami Lids I encourage you to read the below information.

If you have any questions please email us at [email protected], call us at (202) 670-8265, or use the Facebook Messenger Chat feature found on the website.

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shout out to @nbagnardi. This thread is all about the 'OG'...the one and only...the original....Classic ClearView Lid. Nick is one of the first to choose ClearView to protect his tank when we started this thread back in March 2016. Over 130K views, 1300+ posts, and more than 2000 lids later he dropped the following pic and comments on our Facebook page. We love hearing how our customers are doing with their lids! Thanks for sharing Nick!

If you haven't followed us on facebook, you should stop by. https://www.facebook.com/ClearViewLids/

bagnardi facebook.jpg

bagnardi.jpg

bagnardi facebook.jpg

Tikosyn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just want to follow-up on this thread because of issues brought up regarding communication. Adam at artfully acrylic has been super responsive ever since placing my order a week or two ago. He contacted me for measurements very shortly after my order and has responded quickly to all my concerns. Thanks Adam, super excited for my lid to arrive and if anyone has reservations regarding customer service, it definitely hasn't been an issue for me!

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just want to follow-up on this thread because of issues brought up regarding communication. Adam at artfully acrylic has been super responsive ever since placing my order a week or two ago. He contacted me for measurements very shortly after my order and has responded quickly to all my concerns. Thanks Adam, super excited for my lid to arrive and if anyone has reservations regarding customer service, it definitely hasn't been an issue for me!

We greatly appreciate the shout out here!! We have been getting A LOT of positive feedback from our improved processes and customer follow-up from folks over email and the phone, but it's nice to see someone put it out there for all else to see =). Our email response on 95% of inquiries/questions is same day and in most cases within an hour or two now. We now run an 'Inbox Zero' type system that is very well organized and greatly aided by the Customer Resource Management applications that we have in place.

To top it off, our queue times have improved substantially too! I'll have more exciting details to share later so stay tuned. Right now, we got to get back to work. We have over 20 lids that came of the machine that are not going to screen and box themselves ;).

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ClearView Classic....A Legend. The beauty lies in the simplicity. We thought we would share a few of the pics that customers have shared with us lately that we havent had a chance to share with everyone yet. We've got a pretty good little stockpile of pics that we are seemingly hoarding unnecessarily lol.

ClearView Classic Lid on Reefer 350. The beauty lies in the simplicity.
R350 ClearView Lid.jpg

ClearView Classic Lids can even make Sea Swirls look HOT!!!
Sea Swirl ClearView.jpg

ClearView Classic on Reefer 450. @nbagnardi I do believe this one is yours courtesy of your custom handle ;)
Reefer 450 Classic 2.JPG

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
23 lids shipped out today!! So, at this present point in time we now have 2 orders at 32 and 33 days old, one at 27 days old, one at 16 days old, and all other 87 orders currently in queue as of this afternoon are all at or under 14 days old. All emails and inquiries are being answered same day, with most within a few hours. I'd say the new systems and processes are working wonderfully and the ClearView Team at ArtFully Acrylic is getting some serious work done...We do after all want our lids on your tank as quickly as possible and imagine your FISH would agree! =)

IMG_2200 (1).jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back