ClearView Aquarium Lids Master Thread - It all started RIGHT HERE!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ArtFully Acrylic anybody know if Safe Top Lids quit making lids? That's what I heard and I went to their website and submitted a request for a lid about 10 days ago and still haven't heard from them. I was told they always get back to you right away.

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ArtFully Acrylic does the Pisces EXO sit partially below the glass rim and recessed into the tank on Reefer tanks like the other tops you build?

Yes it does. All lids sit about 1/4" recessed below the glass rim.
@ArtFully Acrylic or anyone else know if these lids have enough clearance to accommodate a Building An Obsession Feeding Ring that attaches to an Apex AFS?

On Classic and Tsunami Lids the Apex/Neptune AFS gets a 3.25x1.75 cutout typically. On Pisces EXO lids, the cutout is sized smaller as the feeder will eject through the mesh under the vent cutouts. Either way however, your cutouts are cut to whatever size you request so you just need to request it sized to fit your desired feed ring.

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ArtFully Acrylic anybody know if Safe Top Lids quit making lids? That's what I heard and I went to their website and submitted a request for a lid about 10 days ago and still haven't heard from them. I was told they always get back to you right away.

We cannot speak as to the status of another company, but we are happy to provide you a quote promptly if you will email us at [email protected]. Thanks!

bisteclol

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty disappointing experience with them. Ordered a lid for a Red Sea Max 650 January 14th, just got it on March 26th. They did not do the cutouts I had requested on their order form (drop and click selection, not a custom request).

They suggested I use a dremel and do the cutout myself and get a refund for the cutout, or ship it back in. Shipping it back in would take 4+ weeks due to shipping and work on their end and risks scratching the lid since I took off the peel. Kind of a crappy situation for a lid that I paid $375 for. You'd think there would be some sort of quality control checking the lid versus the work order.

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty disappointing experience with them. Ordered a lid for a Red Sea Max 650 January 14th, just got it on March 26th. They did not do the cutouts I had requested on their order form (drop and click selection, not a custom request).

They suggested I use a dremel and do the cutout myself and get a refund for the cutout, or ship it back in. Shipping it back in would take 4+ weeks due to shipping and work on their end and risks scratching the lid since I took off the peel. Kind of a crappy situation for a lid that I paid $375 for. You'd think there would be some sort of quality control checking the lid versus the work order.
We are terribly sorry that under duress of getting lids out as quickly as possible during the social distancing portion of Covid-19 outbreak we missed your cord slots. I told you that we would be most happy to cover shipping to and from your address, put the cord slots in and that with shipping it may take a couple of weeks. We would have the lid POSSIBLY overnight, make the repair and ship it back out. For the record, every single option ordered from us that is not the stock lid IS a custom request, as we make all lids per order. You still have the option for us to fix our mistake. I only warned of the shipping wait, as we cannot control the rate of delivery by a carrier.

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys have a lid for the new waterbox 6025? Seems like it’s slightly different from the 6026.

Thanks
We have a Custom Lids page and with a little help measuring on your end, we can write a program and fabricate a lid for you, no problem. Please email our Operations Manager and she will be most happy to assist you in the ordering process. orders@artfully acrylic.com

bisteclol

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are terribly sorry that under duress of getting lids out as quickly as possible during the social distancing portion of Covid-19 outbreak we missed your cord slots. I told you that we would be most happy to cover shipping to and from your address, put the cord slots in and that with shipping it may take a couple of weeks. We would have the lid POSSIBLY overnight, make the repair and ship it back out. For the record, every single option ordered from us that is not the stock lid IS a custom request, as we make all lids per order. You still have the option for us to fix our mistake. I only warned of the shipping wait, as we cannot control the rate of delivery by a carrier.
I already moved my fish out of quarantine directly into my tank upon receiving the lid, I guess that was my mistake. I can't risk fish jumping so I can't ship the lid back. Just kind of in a lose-lose situation on my end.

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
!!!RANT!!!

Man... I am so disappointed in the last few pages of this thread. Seriously, what is wrong with you people? The WORLD is shut down or operating at 50% people power, even less in specific states/counties. Be patient! I mean especially in this hobby, yes it’s awesome to have that new piece of equipment as soon as you send your money but you know it’s gotta be built. Shipped. And then delivered. I can understand frustrations if your requested cut outs aren’t made but when they’re offering to correct their mistakes and ask for nothing but time... have a little respect. I ordered a 6’ lid, in classic, and it took longer than originally quoted because finding the material which is also being used for all those dividers in Walmart etc, I understood it. I accepted it. And I didn’t cry or make a negative post about it. I I’m fact told them to crank out as many lids as they could until my material came in. I’ve been ordering lids with these guys since the beginning and had zero issues. Zero. I’ve always treated them with respect and kindness and received even more in return. Example, my last lid, the screen was cut just a tad short so when it flexed it would pull the spline out. I emailed them, within 20 minutes I had a replacement screen mailed to me, NO COST. And sincere apologies. Which wasn’t needed. Yes, these people are a business. Yes, mistakes happen. But check it out, they’re humans too. Don’t degrade them cause they showed their humanity. Work together to find a positive solution.

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
!!!RANT!!!

Man... I am so disappointed in the last few pages of this thread. Seriously, what is wrong with you people? The WORLD is shut down or operating at 50% people power, even less in specific states/counties. Be patient! I mean especially in this hobby, yes it’s awesome to have that new piece of equipment as soon as you send your money but you know it’s gotta be built. Shipped. And then delivered. I can understand frustrations if your requested cut outs aren’t made but when they’re offering to correct their mistakes and ask for nothing but time... have a little respect. I ordered a 6’ lid, in classic, and it took longer than originally quoted because finding the material which is also being used for all those dividers in Walmart etc, I understood it. I accepted it. And I didn’t cry or make a negative post about it. I I’m fact told them to crank out as many lids as they could until my material came in. I’ve been ordering lids with these guys since the beginning and had zero issues. Zero. I’ve always treated them with respect and kindness and received even more in return. Example, my last lid, the screen was cut just a tad short so when it flexed it would pull the spline out. I emailed them, within 20 minutes I had a replacement screen mailed to me, NO COST. And sincere apologies. Which wasn’t needed. Yes, these people are a business. Yes, mistakes happen. But check it out, they’re humans too. Don’t degrade them cause they showed their humanity. Work together to find a positive solution.

We are always so grateful for kind words! Thanks, NB! We are human and we do make mistakes, but we always, always endeavor to fix them when they occur. For those to whom it matters, we are a small family business who genuinely care about this hobby and our customers.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ReefLab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BF43E20C-11C3-41DF-AB6B-3AACDF7E1339.jpeg

ive had my lid almost a year over my 4ft tank. Love it. I use the feeding slots everyday. It snaps into place and fits my tank absolutely perfectly.
my hawk fish loves to bash his nose into the mesh and there’s no tears and no sign of wear at all.
my only wish was that the feeding doors were designed in a way that they wouldn’t fall into the tank. I’ve dropped them more in the tank than I care to admit lol.

Back