The Pico Tank SHOWDOWN & GIVEAWAY! 2 Winners WIN a Deskmate & WWC Corals!

Which tank should win the Deskmate Pico Tank SHOWDOWN?

• Lou Schiavo of World Wide Corals

Votes: 169 51.5%
  • Aquaman Shalom of Eshopps

Votes: 126 38.4%
  • Undecided For Now

Votes: 33 10.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

razorskiss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious minds want to know, what equipment did you both use on the Picos?? Lighting, skimmer,reactor, etc . ;)
Sure, here is the run down of my @Eshopps Deskmate set up. I did not use any powerheads so I wanted to go with a stronger return pump. I changed out the original return pump for a Sicce return pump, then I coupled that with a @Vivid Creative Aquatics Random Flow Generator Return Nozzle. This set up gave me the good random flow I was looking for. For the light I went with the Aqua Illumination Prime HD with the AI Gooseneck Arm. I did not run a skimmer or any reactors however I did do weekly water changes. I also changed out my filter sock weekly while I was preforming the water change. For the feeding the tank I used Poly Lab Reef Roids 3-4x's a week religiously.- Lou

Stocking list
No Fish
1 Nassarius Snail
4 Turbo Snails
53 Corals & 1 Anemone

Last edited:

I.AM.MR.MIKE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I would like a chance to win Lou's tank! A raffle for a good cause? Oh, that includes everything in it(corals,equipment). Make it a $25 for one entry for a chance to win. Excess to a reefer in a bad situation.

razorskiss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure, here is the run down of my @Eshopps Deskmate set up. I did not use any powerheads so I wanted to go with a stronger return pump. I changed out the original return pump for a Sicce return pump, then I coupled that with a @Vivid Creative Aquatics Random Flow Generator Return Nozzle. This set up gave me the good random flow I was looking for. For the light I went with the Aqua Illumination Prime HD with the AI Gooseneck Arm. I did not run a skimmer or any reactors however I did do weekly water changes. I also changed out my filter sock weekly while I was preforming the water change. For the feeding the tank I used Poly Lab Reef Roids 3-4x's a week religiously.- Lou

Stocking list
No Fish
1 Nassarius Snail
4 Turbo Snails
53 Corals & 1 Anemone
For a tank this size were you doing near 100% water changes?

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations to @razorskiss and @Abarge16

We are throwing in your choice of Limited Edition DeskMate Flow kits to go along with your new DeskMate tanks - you have two to options to choose from - a single or a dual 1/4in Random Flow Generator Setup.

Each kit features the 1/4in RFG in Sunset Orange and a Flex-series adapter for the perfect fit and color match.

Send us a DM for the flow kits when you have a moment, and we'll get you setup.

You can view the options here:

1665002124233.png

Abarge16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations to @razorskiss and @Abarge16

We are throwing in your choice of Limited Edition DeskMate Flow kits to go along with your new DeskMate tanks - you have two to options to choose from - a single or a dual 1/4in Random Flow Generator Setup.

Each kit features the 1/4in RFG in Sunset Orange and a Flex-series adapter for the perfect fit and color match.

Send us a DM for the flow kits when you have a moment, and we'll get you setup.

You can view the options here:

1665002124233.png
Wow that's awesome!

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I would like a chance to win Lou's tank! A raffle for a good cause? Oh, that includes everything in it(corals,equipment). Make it a $25 for one entry for a chance to win. Excess to a reefer in a bad situation.
Interesting indeed! We chatted about this today in house @ WWC, however not sure how we could ship the entire tank and contents successfully. Local pick up could be an option but may not seem fair to all other R2R members. @revhtree any thought on this? If it did work out we would want the proceeds sent to Hurricane Ian Relief.

I.AM.MR.MIKE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting indeed! We chatted about this today in house @ WWC, however not sure how we could ship the entire tank and contents successfully. Local pick up could be an option but may not seem fair to all other R2R members. @revhtree any thought on this? If it did work out we would want the proceeds sent to Hurricane Ian Relief.
Well if anyone can figure out how to ship the live stuff you should be able to.

I am in for one or two $25 tickets.

razorskiss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's here! I plan to start a build thread as well but in the meantime I'll probably upgrade the lighting and return pump the way Lou did. Time to start working on the aquascape and then time to get the tank wet and cycling.
20221010_122302.jpg
Thank you @ESHOPPS.INC and @WWC !

twocats922

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Stocking list
No Fish
1 Nassarius Snail
4 Turbo Snails
53 Corals & 1 Anemone
What kind of Sicce pump are you using?

BZreef16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Stocking list
No Fish
1 Nassarius Snail
4 Turbo Snails
53 Corals & 1 Anemone
Can you please share your Ai light settings. I have essentially the exact same set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back