The Plank Automatic Feeder w/Apex configuration feeding mode questions

Avengerx77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My main question here is that if there is a way to set and forget The Plank Automatic Feeder with Apex without the need to manually keep pressing any A/B/C/D feeding button? What I want to accomplish is to fully automate my feeding per the following sequence:
- Program for 3 times a day
- Do 2 drum rotations or keep it rolling for 30secs
- Turn off the pump of the Autofeeder when not in use (i.e. at night)
- Shut off Return Pump and MP40

I can see the option below from Apex, but I can see you still need to select a Feed Cycle letter (A), will this mean that I need to manually go and press A every single time I want to feed or can it be kept running in the background and activate automatically when is feeding time? Sounds like a lot of programming needs to happen but would at least like to know if it is possible.

Captura de Pantalla 2021-11-25 a la(s) 11.27.18 a.m..png

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, but you need to setup a virtual outlet ("vFeed"). Here is how I have mine programmed:

Set OFF
If Time 08:00 to 08:02 Then ON
If Time 14:00 to 14:02 Then ON
If Time 20:00 to 20:02 Then ON
Defer 002:00 Then OFF

Then, under my Neptune AutoFeeder I have it configured as so:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Output vFeed = ON Then ON
Defer 000:30 Then ON (I think you want "OSC 000:00/000:30/000:30 Then ON")

Then under the outlet configurations for your return pump and MP40s, add these two lines at the end:

If Output vFeed = ON Then OFF
Defer 005:00 Then ON (or however long you'd like the pumps and powerheads to be off)

You can also program the FeedA as you normally would so whenever you hit FeedA it manually feeds the fish. I borrowed and tweaked this from one of the other suggestions/guides I saw on R2R, so I can't take credit for it. If you really want to get creative you can set different schedules for weekdays/weekends, and if you have the right pump (COR or any other IOTA pump like Sicce, etc.) you can even spin the speed down instead of just turning it off.

OP
OP
Avengerx77

Avengerx77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, but you need to setup a virtual outlet ("vFeed"). Here is how I have mine programmed:

Set OFF
If Time 08:00 to 08:02 Then ON
If Time 14:00 to 14:02 Then ON
If Time 20:00 to 20:02 Then ON
Defer 002:00 Then OFF

Then, under my Neptune AutoFeeder I have it configured as so:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Output vFeed = ON Then ON
Defer 000:30 Then ON (I think you want "OSC 000:00/000:30/000:30 Then ON")

Then under the outlet configurations for your return pump and MP40s, add these two lines at the end:

If Output vFeed = ON Then OFF
Defer 005:00 Then ON (or however long you'd like the pumps and powerheads to be off)

You can also program the FeedA as you normally would so whenever you hit FeedA it manually feeds the fish. I borrowed and tweaked this from one of the other suggestions/guides I saw on R2R, so I can't take credit for it. If you really want to get creative you can set different schedules for weekdays/weekends, and if you have the right pump (COR or any other IOTA pump like Sicce, etc.) you can even spin the speed down instead of just turning it off.
Awesome, thanks!!! I need to buy the feeder first ;), but this is really helpful. I did create already a virtual outlet but was lacking all that configuration. At first, I wanted to pair the programming with the manual Eheim, but then I found about this autofeeder and it was all what I was looking for.

On the speed down instead of turning them off, I think I can get away with it in a different way. I can program to shut off and then Battery Back up will kick in, so it will not be at full force as they usually run at lower intensity ;Happy

Will look for you if I have any questions if you dont mind when I get everything in. Thanks!!!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back