The reason I drove back down to Orlando a week after Reefapolooza Orlando

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I was down in Orlando for Reefapolooza Orlando, THANK GOD IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED, LOL, I always visit my favorite stores. One of which is Top Shelf Aquatics. I usually go there for the corals, but I noticed that they had a few Achilles tangs in their fish tanks. WELL, I had thought it to be lost to me as Hawaii closed, and most vendors at the time weren't getting them. TSA was getting them from Tahiti, and thus, weren't effected. I wanted to buy it right then and there, but couldn't as I had no were to put it and my QT tanks weren't set up at home. I asked Jed what they keep their copper level at in the tanks and he responded 2.5 cp. Well, that made it easy for me as I also keep it there, and as long as the fish is kept in 2.5 CP, the QT'ing process doesn't have to start over. It was a done deal. I ordered an achilles tang thru Jed at TSA and drove down the following weekend to pick it up. A few weeks later, it was thru QT and in my DT. Such a beautiful Tang. Having to drive 600 plus miles back down to Orlando to pick up the fish, some people may think I was crazy...WELL... to me it was well worth it and I will do it again in a heartbeat!!!

Thank You Jed and Top Shelf Aquatics!!!

20210614_155157 (2).jpg

TSA's new slogan:

Top Shelf Aquatics

Home of AWESOME corals, AND FISH AS WELL!!!

Last edited:

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not crazy !! . Addicted but aren’t we all considering the flights and drives we take to go to frag shows !!! LOL!!!:cool:

REM2021

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous fish, congrats on a great find! I am so, so grateful I live a lot more than a 600-mile-trip away from Top Shelf Aquatics, the stock I've purchased from them online is the best I've ever found, and it's much easier to limit my online shopping than when I'm in a store. If I ever got to visit them in person I would probably spend my full credit card limit (and consider it a steal)!

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I was down in Orlando for Reefapolooza Orlando, THANK GOD IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED, LOL, I always visit my favorite stores. One of which is Top Shelf Aquatics. I usually go there for the corals, but I noticed that they had a few Achilles tangs in their fish tanks. WELL, I had thought it to be lost to me as Hawaii closed, and most vendors at the time weren't getting them. TSA was getting them from Tahiti, and thus, weren't effected. I wanted to buy it right then and there, but couldn't as I had no were to put it and my QT tanks weren't set up at home. I asked Jed what they keep their copper level at in the tanks and he responded 2.5 cp. Well, that made it easy for me as I also keep it there, and as long as the fish is kept in 2.5 CP, the QT'ing process doesn't have to start over. It was a done deal. I ordered an achilles tang thru Jed at TSA and drove down the following weekend to pick it up. A few weeks later, it was thru QT and in my DT. Such a beautiful Tang. Having to drive 600 plus miles back down to Orlando to pick up the fish, some people may think I was crazy...WELL... to me it was well worth it and I will do it again in a heartbeat!!!

Thank You Jed and Top Shelf Aquatics!!!

20210614_155157 (2).jpg

TSA's new slogan:

Top Shelf Aquatics

Home of AWESOME corals, AND FISH AS WELL!!!
Now that's dedication and clearly you're passionate about what you want! :) Congrats on your new addition! What a beauty!

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live about 45 mins. from Top Shelf. It’s a candy store for sure. Got my Clown Trigger, French Angel, and Emperor Angel there. As for 600 miles round trip for a fish... well... I did it to see Dylan, so why not? Lol.

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Glad you are enjoying the fish and that it went to a good home! Clearly after all that effort to get it we have no doubt you will give it a great life! Let us know if there is anything we cam help with.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back