The Reef Diaper Giveaway: 15 WINNERS will be announced!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
REEF DIAPER GIVEAWAY.jpg

Reef Diaper - "Soon after building our family reef tank, we discovered what a nasty chore it was to clean the filter socks. It was a dirty job that no one wanted. This often resulted in a bucket full of stinky filter socks, waiting to be cleaned. Disposable filters were the obvious solution. I went online to purchase some new filters and to my surprise, I couldn’t find a product to solve this seemingly simple problem. Others in the hobby were having the same issues and some had even resorted to sewing their own. I couldn’t stand washing another nasty filter sock so I decided to create the latest product from our small family business. After testing multiple filter materials and designs, the Reef Diaper was finally born. It is the simple low cost solution we were looking for. The Reef Diaper has helped make the hobby even more enjoyable for our family and we are confident it will do the same for you."

red How to enter button contest.jpg

Official Entry: Check out the Reef Diaper Kit HERE and make a comment in this thread about why you want to win one or what you like about them! (you must make a post in this thread to enter)

red BONUS ENTRY BUTTON.jpg

(You may only do these AFTER your initial entry...winning entry will be verified for original entry)

*Make a separate post in this thread after completing any of the bonus entries. Winning entry is subject to verification.

Bonus 1:
Give us your best slogan idea or meme for the Reef Diaper product. If it's really funny/witty, you might see it on our social media (if you want us to tag you, let us know your handle and platform). You can do this daily for extra entries. Keep it appropriate please.
Bonus 2: Share this contest on social media (each social media platform can be used for 1 bonus entry. So, that could be 1 entry for Facebook, 1 for Twitter, 1 for IG, etc. Make a separate post in this thread for each social media post you make.
Bonus 3: Start/Update your build thread on R2R and post a link here. You can do this once a week for bonus entries. Our members tanks forums are found here.

BONUS ENTRY FOR R2R SUPPORTING & PARTNER MEMBERS: This is an entry option that is only available if you are a Reef2Reef Supporting or Partner Member. If you are a supporting/partner member please make a post in this thread stating that you are a R2R supporter/partner. If you're not a supporting member, but would like more info on how to sign up, CLICK HERE.

red The Prize Button Contest.jpg

15 Reef Diaper Kits (3 given away each week)

3 Winners will be chosen weekly via random draw from all entries in this thread starting Monday, November 15th with our final winners chosen on December 13, 2021! (Last day to enter is December 12th.)

We will choose the winner via a random number generator. The winner's username will be tagged in the winning announcement. We will not email, pm, or contact the winner other than tagging the winning name. Be sure to check back to claim your prize. If it is not claimed within 3 days we will do a re-pick and so on until the prize is claimed.
Screenshot 2021-11-04 at 15-13-05 Home - Reef Diaper.png

Please read our general R2R giveaway guidelines/disclaimers HERE!

Thanks again to @Reef Diaper for this awesome giveaway!!
#r2rgiveaway

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Alright let’s get this one going!!!

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks really awesome. I would be willing to give it a try. I HATE HATE HATE my normal filter socks. Now here is the big question...do they fit Trigger systems's ridiculous oval shaped apertures?

Reef Diaper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks really awesome. I would be willing to give it a try. I HATE HATE HATE my normal filter socks. Now here is the big question...do they fit Trigger systems's ridiculous oval shaped apertures?
The Reef Diaper won't fit the oval holes, but I have made some adapter plates for the Emerald sump. It has standard 3-3/4" round bores and will accommodate three Reef Diapers as shown in the pic. The prototypes are being tested now. If all goes well they should be available soon.
IMG_3378.jpg

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Reef Diaper won't fit the oval holes, but I have made some adapter plates for the Emerald sump. It has standard 3-3/4" round bores and will accommodate three Reef Diapers as shown in the pic. The prototypes are being tested now. If all goes well they should be available soon.
IMG_3378.jpg

I have the emerald. More than willing to be your test subject!!! Let me know!!

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the emerald. More than willing to be your test subject!!! Let me know!!
I'm not going to lie to you. I usually consider myself a smart man..but I came up pretty short in the smarts department here. I spent so much time trying to fashion something to fit inside the ovals with my 3d printer that I never contemplate just making a new plate that would fit industry standards. Kudos!!

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Entry:

Would love to win because it looks very handy and eliminates the chore of turning my socks inside out/washing/turning again/etc. In other words I am too cheap to buy them, but would love to win them.

Sshannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very interesting. What is the filter element made of? I'm all for disposable filter socks if they are environmentally friendly, i.e. they can decompose, rather than all the plastic and synthetic fabrics and fleeces we see on the market currently.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official Entry: I already use them. What I like the most is the disposable aspect. My wife would kill me if I had to use a normal sock

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already use them. They are quite convenient and similar to standard 200 micron socks. A good slogan might be: "Reef Diaper, your tank's s--t is our bread and butter."

Totlxtc

2 wheeled Idiot
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official Entry: I love the fact that I won't have to wash them in my washer. Every time I was my filter socks there always seems to be some laundry soap making it's way into the sock. Then i have to really rinse the socks out to make sure it's gone.

Totlxtc

2 wheeled Idiot
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus Entry: supporter/partner

Reef Diaper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not going to lie to you. I usually consider myself a smart man..but I came up pretty short in the smarts department here. I spent so much time trying to fashion something to fit inside the ovals with my 3d printer that I never contemplate just making a new plate that would fit industry standards. Kudos!!
You can make a plate to fit two standard socks, but not three. The flanges are too big on standard socks. I was able to fit three of the Reef Diapers Because the flange is narrower where the two reliefs are located.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back