The Reef Diaper Giveaway: 15 WINNERS will be announced!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Washing filter socks is a drag. Got my first tank with a sump last year and washing socks is my least favorite maintenance task.
Congratulations @Melanie Fish!! You're our 2nd redraw winner for this week's giveaway! Please pm me to claim your prize!!

*Winner must claim prize within 72 hours or we will redraw for a new winner!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Goodnight!
Baby Reaction GIF

Sharkbait1971

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to win this because the time I spend washing filter sock I could be spending enjoying my reef tank and it’s inhabitants. This is a must for any reefer in this hobby

Swede Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
REEF DIAPER GIVEAWAY.jpg

Reef Diaper - "Soon after building our family reef tank, we discovered what a nasty chore it was to clean the filter socks. It was a dirty job that no one wanted. This often resulted in a bucket full of stinky filter socks, waiting to be cleaned. Disposable filters were the obvious solution. I went online to purchase some new filters and to my surprise, I couldn’t find a product to solve this seemingly simple problem. Others in the hobby were having the same issues and some had even resorted to sewing their own. I couldn’t stand washing another nasty filter sock so I decided to create the latest product from our small family business. After testing multiple filter materials and designs, the Reef Diaper was finally born. It is the simple low cost solution we were looking for. The Reef Diaper has helped make the hobby even more enjoyable for our family and we are confident it will do the same for you."

red How to enter button contest.jpg

Official Entry: Check out the Reef Diaper Kit HERE and make a comment in this thread about why you want to win one or what you like about them! (you must make a post in this thread to enter)

red BONUS ENTRY BUTTON.jpg

(You may only do these AFTER your initial entry...winning entry will be verified for original entry)

*Make a separate post in this thread after completing any of the bonus entries. Winning entry is subject to verification.

Bonus 1:
Give us your best slogan idea or meme for the Reef Diaper product. If it's really funny/witty, you might see it on our social media (if you want us to tag you, let us know your handle and platform). You can do this daily for extra entries. Keep it appropriate please.
Bonus 2: Share this contest on social media (each social media platform can be used for 1 bonus entry. So, that could be 1 entry for Facebook, 1 for Twitter, 1 for IG, etc. Make a separate post in this thread for each social media post you make.
Bonus 3: Start/Update your build thread on R2R and post a link here. You can do this once a week for bonus entries. Our members tanks forums are found here.

BONUS ENTRY FOR R2R SUPPORTING & PARTNER MEMBERS: This is an entry option that is only available if you are a Reef2Reef Supporting or Partner Member. If you are a supporting/partner member please make a post in this thread stating that you are a R2R supporter/partner. If you're not a supporting member, but would like more info on how to sign up, CLICK HERE.

red The Prize Button Contest.jpg

15 Reef Diaper Kits (3 given away each week)

3 Winners will be chosen weekly via random draw from all entries in this thread starting Monday, November 15th with our final winners chosen on December 13, 2021! (Last day to enter is December 12th.)

We will choose the winner via a random number generator. The winner's username will be tagged in the winning announcement. We will not email, pm, or contact the winner other than tagging the winning name. Be sure to check back to claim your prize. If it is not claimed within 3 days we will do a re-pick and so on until the prize is claimed.
Screenshot 2021-11-04 at 15-13-05 Home - Reef Diaper.png

Please read our general R2R giveaway guidelines/disclaimers HERE!

Thanks again to @Reef Diaper for this awesome giveaway!!
#r2rgiveaway

REEF DIAPER GIVEAWAY.jpg

Reef Diaper - "Soon after building our family reef tank, we discovered what a nasty chore it was to clean the filter socks. It was a dirty job that no one wanted. This often resulted in a bucket full of stinky filter socks, waiting to be cleaned. Disposable filters were the obvious solution. I went online to purchase some new filters and to my surprise, I couldn’t find a product to solve this seemingly simple problem. Others in the hobby were having the same issues and some had even resorted to sewing their own. I couldn’t stand washing another nasty filter sock so I decided to create the latest product from our small family business. After testing multiple filter materials and designs, the Reef Diaper was finally born. It is the simple low cost solution we were looking for. The Reef Diaper has helped make the hobby even more enjoyable for our family and we are confident it will do the same for you."

red How to enter button contest.jpg

Official Entry: Check out the Reef Diaper Kit HERE and make a comment in this thread about why you want to win one or what you like about them! (you must make a post in this thread to enter)

red BONUS ENTRY BUTTON.jpg

(You may only do these AFTER your initial entry...winning entry will be verified for original entry)

*Make a separate post in this thread after completing any of the bonus entries. Winning entry is subject to verification.

Bonus 1:
Give us your best slogan idea or meme for the Reef Diaper product. If it's really funny/witty, you might see it on our social media (if you want us to tag you, let us know your handle and platform). You can do this daily for extra entries. Keep it appropriate please.
Bonus 2: Share this contest on social media (each social media platform can be used for 1 bonus entry. So, that could be 1 entry for Facebook, 1 for Twitter, 1 for IG, etc. Make a separate post in this thread for each social media post you make.
Bonus 3: Start/Update your build thread on R2R and post a link here. You can do this once a week for bonus entries. Our members tanks forums are found here.

BONUS ENTRY FOR R2R SUPPORTING & PARTNER MEMBERS: This is an entry option that is only available if you are a Reef2Reef Supporting or Partner Member. If you are a supporting/partner member please make a post in this thread stating that you are a R2R supporter/partner. If you're not a supporting member, but would like more info on how to sign up, CLICK HERE.

red The Prize Button Contest.jpg

15 Reef Diaper Kits (3 given away each week)

3 Winners will be chosen weekly via random draw from all entries in this thread starting Monday, November 15th with our final winners chosen on December 13, 2021! (Last day to enter is December 12th.)

We will choose the winner via a random number generator. The winner's username will be tagged in the winning announcement. We will not email, pm, or contact the winner other than tagging the winning name. Be sure to check back to claim your prize. If it is not claimed within 3 days we will do a re-pick and so on until the prize is claimed.
Screenshot 2021-11-04 at 15-13-05 Home - Reef Diaper.png

Please read our general R2R giveaway guidelines/disclaimers HERE!

Thanks again to @Reef Diaper for this awesome giveaway!!
#r2rgiveaway

Very timely, I truly hate cleaning filter socks in my sump! The Reef Diaper disposable socks could be the answer for me. Tried just using filter floss instead but socks just seem to work better.... Bring on the Reef Diapers. Cool name....

mslabonik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations @mslabonik!! You're our winner for the redraw on this giveaway! I don't think I've ever seen someone reclaim their prize this way! I'm so excited for you! Please pm me to claim your prize!!

*Winner must claim prize within 72 hours or we will redraw for a new winner!

Wow, super excited!! Thanks so much! I can't believe I got a 2nd chance to win and I did!!! I think I need to buy a lottery ticket if this has never happened!! Thanks Reef Diaper and R2R!

Reef Diaper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations to all our winners. @mslabonik, I had my fingers crossed for you. I'm so glad you were able to reclaim your prize. Please PM Daniel with your address info and we will ship your Reef Diapers ASAP. Thank you for all your support.

mslabonik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations to all our winners. @mslabonik, I had my fingers crossed for you. I'm so glad you were able to reclaim your prize. Please PM Daniel with your address info and we will ship your Reef Diapers ASAP. Thank you for all your support.

Thank you very much!!! I still can't believe the luck I just had!! It is much appreciated!!! Can't wait to try them out on my new tank!
Merry Christmas to all of you!!!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We've still got another week to go on this giveaway!! Let's get some more entries!! #r2rgiveaway

tomboys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't believe how many people think these are a good idea. More plastic just being used once and thrown away, killing wildlife and adding to pollution.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't believe how many people think these are a good idea. More plastic just being used once and thrown away, killing wildlife and adding to pollution.

The plastic rings are used over and over again, the sock itself is a paper product. Less plastic than filter sock rings being thrown out. Explain where you are seeing more plastic being thrown out? Do you feel the same way with filter rollers?

I use these and regular filter socks depending on my travel schedule and the tank/dog sitter. I throw away far more plastic disposing of regular filter socks every three months.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

The plastic in these are reusable. That could be your marketing slogan entry! good one!

tomboys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The plastic rings are used over and over again, the sock itself is a paper product. Less plastic than filter sock rings being thrown out. Explain where you are seeing more plastic being thrown out? Do you feel the same way with filter rollers?

I use these and regular filter socks depending on my travel schedule and the tank/dog sitter. I throw away far more plastic disposing of regular filter socks every three months.
The manufacturers said in an earlier comment that the sock is polyester. Not paper. If it is paper then I'm OK with that. But they've said that it isn't.

tomboys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The plastic in these are reusable. That could be your marketing slogan entry! good one!
Except for the sock itself, which the manufacturer has said in an earlier comment is polyester. If they were biodegradable I would be fine with it, but apparently they aren't.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back