The Reef - Innovative Marine 50 Gallon Lagoon

thereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After years of keeping various reef tanks, it was time to start a new one. The previous tanks were combined and moved to my parents when our kids were born. Since my mom has her own tank, she was able to allow us to move our Red Sea 450 to her house to babysit. She loves having the tank so much we have decided to let her keep it and start fresh.

The new tank is an Innovative Marine Lagoon 50-gallon AIO. This is probably one of my favorite tanks made. All the equipment including the tank are left over from previous upgrades. It will be running two AI Prime HD 16 lights and an Ice Cap nano skimmer. I will eventually add an ATO. I’m trying to keep it as simple as possible to allow my kids to help as they are showing a huge interest in it.

We started a few months ago by curing all the previous dry rock, creating the aquascape, and cycling the tank.

Our first two inhabitants are ocellaris clownfish that were quarantined. The tank seems to be doing great for the first week. All the fish in this system will be new to us as I don’t want to take my old ones from my parents. The good news is all my previous coral will be fragged and start a new adventure with us.

I plan to update this build thread every Friday.

11D904B3-754C-48D0-A608-49F36FB6C729.jpg

IMG_1511.jpg

IMG_1521.jpg

OP
OP
T

thereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a while but here are some progress pictures. Over the months we've added a Melanarus Wrasse, Purple Stripe Dottyback, Green Clown Goby, Tailspot Blenny, and Purple Firefish. We are wanting to add two more fish but not sure what. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    2.1 MB · Views: 31
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 27
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    2.4 MB · Views: 27

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a while but here are some progress pictures. Over the months we've added a Melanarus Wrasse, Purple Stripe Dottyback, Green Clown Goby, Tailspot Blenny, and Purple Firefish. We are wanting to add two more fish but not sure what. Any suggestions?
Tank looks great. Post up a current FTS.
A pair of zebra barred dartfish would be a nice addition. I had a pair in the same tank and enjoyed them very much.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you missed a Friday post. Tank looks great, well done. I love my diamond watchman goby, biggest personality in the tank and keeps the sand bed pristine. Perhaps a splash of blue with one of the more passive damsels like a yellow tail.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a great looking tank, I love the scape - looks very well thought through indeed! :star-struck:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back