The Reef2Reef Tapatalk App is going to be disabled soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
UPDATE: PLEASE BEAR WITH US HERE! WE ARE IN TALKS FOR OUR OWN NEW APP COMING NEXT YEAR!

Some of you use the R2R Tapatalk Branded App and Tapatalk App and we have tried to keep it working as long as possible. But I recently found out that the company who makes the app (Tapatalk) has started to store user information from forums and have begun to sell advertising based upon this information. We don't sell your info and we don't like the fact that we can't have control over that aspect to keep others from doing it. Another reason is that we like to have control over our community and we don't like some of the tactics used by Tapatalk to force us to comply with their methodology. They also will not support the full features of our forum and it leaves for an incomplete experience for some users at times.

As a result we have made the decision to remove Tapatalk support from R2R and unpublish our app.

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT OUR MOBILE VERSION BUT THE APP VERSION. YOU CAN STILL SURF R2R ON YOUR PHONE!

I realize there will be some of you who do not like this decision but based on my previous comments we have had to make this hard decision and we are going to stand by it. I wanted to make this announcement and give you time to make alternative plans, if you are a Tapatalk R2R surfer.

For now we do offer notifications to your phone if you have an Android device. Hopefully soon we will have this option for IOS devices as well.

Thanks for your understanding.

NOTE: YOU CAN SET UP R2R LIKE AN APP ON YOUR PHONE: To use R2R on your phone simple open your internet browser on your phone and type www.reef2reef.com. The following is a pictorial first for IOS devices and second for Android devices.

ios 1.jpg

ios 2.jpg

ios 3.jpg

and 1.jpg

and 2.jpg

and 3.jpg

Thank you and if you have any questions about how to set R2R up on your phone please let us know!

Last edited:
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm so glad that Rev looks out for the members of this community! This is definitely the right call. Thanks for this, Rev!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know Rev, this is the internet. If you keep trying to do the right thing instead of maximizing profits they will have you forcibly removed. ;Troll

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think is unfortunate but necessary to drop Taptalk. It is going to impact me as I have other things in Taptalk.

I'm sorry. :(

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I will miss the notifications I received from Tapatalk. But I value my privacy too. No active Facebook here lol

Are you on IOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 50.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back