The Reef2Reef Tapatalk App is going to be disabled soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say that I really miss Tapatalk. I didn't care for many interaction processes in TpTk, however the PUSH NOTIFICATIONS for new threads in subscribed sub-forums, PMs, and reply to thread/ post quoted notifications are greatly missed. These are not available as push notifications on any of my devices currently. I'm getting better at remembering to check threads for posts and opening the notification area fully to check also, but the ease of push notifications would be wonderful to have again.

Anyone know what devices are compatible with the Push Notification setting in preferences?

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only way to get notifications is to subscribe to the threads an get an email motivation. First thing I always check when accessing R2R is my notifications. Push notification could only be thru email.

TheMattReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I guess this answers my question. I just downloaded the app last night and was trying to figure out why it wouldn’t let me log in. I say good choice in standing by your expectations of privacy. Sadly, Nearly every single app or site you use these days sells their users data.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know what devices are compatible with the Push Notification setting in preferences?
Google Chrome can/will push notifications. Works on my android as well as Windows desktop.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
UPDATE: PLEASE BEAR WITH US HERE! WE ARE IN TALKS FOR OUR OWN NEW APP COMING NEXT YEAR!

ReefingwithO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm looking forward to the new app BUT if the app was already in the works and the release date is next year - why not wait until it was ready and then drop tapatalk? You left a number of users inconvenienced. The mobile site is not the same experience as tapatalk.

And I don't understand the whole privacy angle when I see a login with Facebook option. Now with the Facebook login and Facebook like button they pretty much have full access to the things users are viewing and interacting with on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back