The Reef2Reef Tapatalk App is going to be disabled soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is there a plan for an iOS app?
@revhtree will be the one to answer this for sure, but being that he's an iOS user himself, I'm sure he's working on it as soon as possible

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of you use the R2R Tapatalk Branded App and Tapatalk App and we have tried to keep it working as long as possible. But I recently found out that the company who makes the app (Tapatalk) has started to store user information from forums and have begun to sell advertising based upon this information. We don't sell your info and we don't like the fact that we can't have control over that aspect to keep others from doing it. Another reason is that we like to have control over our community and we don't like some of the tactics used by Tapatalk to force us to comply with their methodology. They also will not support the full features of our forum and it leaves for an incomplete experience for some users at times.

As a result we have made the decision to remove Tapatalk support from R2R and unpublish our app.

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT OUR MOBILE VERSION BUT THE APP VERSION. YOU CAN STILL SURF R2R ON YOUR PHONE!

I realize there will be some of you who do not like this decision but based on my previous comments we have had to make this hard decision and we are going to stand by it. I wanted to make this announcement and give you time to make alternative plans, if you are a Tapatalk R2R surfer.

For now we do offer notifications to your phone if you have an Android device. Hopefully soon we will have this option for IOS devices as well.

Thanks for your understanding.

NOTE: YOU CAN SET UP R2R LIKE AN APP ON YOUR PHONE: To use R2R on your phone simple open your internet browser on your phone and type www.reef2reef.com. The following is a pictorial first for IOS devices and second for Android devices.

ios 1.jpg

ios 2.jpg

ios 3.jpg

and 1.jpg

and 2.jpg

and 3.jpg

Thank you and if you have any questions about how to set R2R up on your phone please let us know!
Rev
Android
Not sure what Browser your using but I don't see the
add to home screen choice in google, Firefox or DuckDuckgo. any help?

Wolf89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rev
Android
Chrome

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Rev
Android
The screenshots are from Google Chrome on my Android

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I understand why you guys are doing this but it really sucks. Especially when there is a lack of dedicated alternate options. Simply put, using the web browser to view a message board like this is a sub par experience on mobile.

For all the problems it might have, Tapatalk provides a much superior way to access the forum while on the go. I guess that I will be using this site less as a result, since all my other boards use it still. Sucks but I can still use desktop and occasional mobile browser.

I really hope that @revhtree will at least consider other options when it comes to mobile users.

I am sorry. Our forum software is created to NOT have to have a mobile app as it's totally mobile responsive. Looks like Tapatalk but better and has a ton more options. Have you tried it lately?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMG_6657.JPG

So just to be clear. This app will not work anymore? Didn’t know if there was another tapatalk app. Thanks
That's correct

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand why you guys are doing this but it really sucks. Especially when there is a lack of dedicated alternate options. Simply put, using the web browser to view a message board like this is a sub par experience on mobile.

For all the problems it might have, Tapatalk provides a much superior way to access the forum while on the go. I guess that I will be using this site less as a result, since all my other boards use it still. Sucks but I can still use desktop and occasional mobile browser.

I really hope that @revhtree will at least consider other options when it comes to mobile users.
I agree, I maybe get on my local board once a month since they cutoff Tapatalk.
I've tried the web app, I hate it. Yes I tried after the upgrade. Oh well schools about to start back anyway

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry it's me again....so I actually downloaded the R2R app from the Google play store....now on that app in the settings I have the push notifications turned on, but I get no pop ups on my phone? Any ideas? Sorry! LOL!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry it's me again....so I actually downloaded the R2R app from the Google play store....now on that app in the settings I have the push notifications turned on, but I get no pop ups on my phone? Any ideas? Sorry! LOL!
Not sure on the push notifications, but that's the app that's going away.

Redleg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When is this happening? I love the ease of the app, but completely understand why your dropping it. I will just have to adjust to the change. Thanks for looking out for us. Most businesses could care less about data selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 55 55.6%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back