The Reef2Reef Tapatalk App is going to be disabled soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry. Our forum software is created to NOT have to have a mobile app as it's totally mobile responsive. Looks like Tapatalk but better and has a ton more options. Have you tried it lately?
Thanks for the reply Revh. I tried it briefly after the site overhaul. It's entirely possible that I did not give it a fair shot as I really didn't like the old site for mobile.

Obviously this community is way more valuable than the slight inconvenience that is the ending of Tapatalk support.

The biggest disadvantage is the lack of a "Participated" tab on the R2R mobile site, like Tapatalk provides. Any thread that I have commented on is set to its own tab and sorted by recent activity. This is my favorite way to respond to threads. Maybe I am missing the functionality some how?

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I gotcha! Ok do no Tap2Talk or app....just Chrome or internet browser? No biggie just wanted to make sure I am on the same page! [emoji16]
Nevermind I answered my own question! LOL! Thanks Rev again for all of your help!!! I think it is a great change, once everyone gets used to it!

GatorScott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edit: there was supposed to be a quoted message with this...errrrr. Reeevvvv lol

Why??!?! I feel tapatalk makes things simple and less cluttered. And the added thumbnail view is awesome.

I’m trying hard to get used to the mobile version. Just feels harder to “browse” than tapatalk. I really liked seeing a pic from the thread before I opened the thread.

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand why you guys are doing this but it really sucks. Especially when there is a lack of dedicated alternate options. Simply put, using the web browser to view a message board like this is a sub par experience on mobile.

For all the problems it might have, Tapatalk provides a much superior way to access the forum while on the go. I guess that I will be using this site less as a result, since all my other boards use it still. Sucks but I can still use desktop and occasional mobile browser.

I really hope that @revhtree will at least consider other options when it comes to mobile users.

This exactly. I’m not at all stoked about this. I’d rather give up my location data than be inconvenienced to use a web browser that is much more clumsy. Oh well. I’m not trying to be a jerk about this, but you’ll likely see a lot less of me on here simply because the convenience of it is gone. The browser is slow, you have to go from page to page within threads, and I really like the thread “participation” and “subscription” in tapatalk.

GatorScott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply Revh. I tried it briefly after the site overhaul. It's entirely possible that I did not give it a fair shot as I really didn't like the old site for mobile.

Obviously this community is way more valuable than the slight inconvenience that is the ending of Tapatalk support.

The biggest disadvantage is the lack of a "Participated" tab on the R2R mobile site, like Tapatalk provides. Any thread that I have commented on is set to its own tab and sorted by recent activity. This is my favorite way to respond to threads. Maybe I am missing the functionality some how?
I’m not alone lol

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This exactly. I’m not at all stoked about this. I’d rather give up my location data than be inconvenienced to use a web browser that is much more clumsy. Oh well. I’m not trying to be a jerk about this, but you’ll likely see a lot less of me on here simply because the convenience of it is gone. The browser is slow, you have to go from page to page within threads, and I really like the thread “participation” and “subscription” in tapatalk.
This is it exactly. Participation, thumbnails on threads and endless page scrolling are the big things that Tapatalk does, that the web app can not.

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use both, Tapatalk because of other forums not reefing related, but I find myself more on the mobile view! The privacy thing really isn't a selling point as Tapatalk is the least of someone's "privacy" concerns on the web. But it's a refreshing sign to hear that your concerned about others web privacy.. or is it that Tapatalk won't cut R2R a slice? Haha just kidding.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Tapatalk pro and there no ad’s at all. [emoji3]
But also use the R2R web browser version too. Have so many forums to keep tabs on.

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang that sucks I actually use this app for years and paid for it just for R2R. I’m sure I’ll be fine but learning curve I suppose to use it from browser.

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of you use the R2R Tapatalk Branded App and Tapatalk App and we have tried to keep it working as long as possible. But I recently found out that the company who makes the app (Tapatalk) has started to store user information from forums and have begun to sell advertising based upon this information. We don't sell your info and we don't like the fact that we can't have control over that aspect to keep others from doing it. Another reason is that we like to have control over our community and we don't like some of the tactics used by Tapatalk to force us to comply with their methodology. They also will not support the full features of our forum and it leaves for an incomplete experience for some users at times.

As a result we have made the decision to remove Tapatalk support from R2R and unpublish our app.

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT OUR MOBILE VERSION BUT THE APP VERSION. YOU CAN STILL SURF R2R ON YOUR PHONE!

I realize there will be some of you who do not like this decision but based on my previous comments we have had to make this hard decision and we are going to stand by it. I wanted to make this announcement and give you time to make alternative plans, if you are a Tapatalk R2R surfer.

For now we do offer notifications to your phone if you have an Android device. Hopefully soon we will have this option for IOS devices as well.

Thanks for your understanding.

NOTE: YOU CAN SET UP R2R LIKE AN APP ON YOUR PHONE: To use R2R on your phone simple open your internet browser on your phone and type www.reef2reef.com. The following is a pictorial first for IOS devices and second for Android devices.

ios 1.jpg

ios 2.jpg

ios 3.jpg

and 1.jpg

and 2.jpg

and 3.jpg

Thank you and if you have any questions about how to set R2R up on your phone please let us know!
Omg awesome I never knew

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, I never would get on the TT bandwagon. I can surf most forums just fine on my Phone through Safari. Last thing I want is more apps.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Can you tell me where this "participate" tab in on Tapatalk? How do you get to it.

To get to your "My Threads" or "My Posts" tabs from the R2R mobile is literally one click and then you choose threads or posts.

Can you tell me where this "participate" tab in on Tapatalk? How do you get to it.

To get to your "My Threads" or "My Posts" tabs from the R2R mobile is literally one click and then you choose threads or posts.

Also what is "subscription?" Is it subscribed threads?

That's one click away as well on our mobile version and then you choose if you want your subscribed threads or forums.

We have all the options TT has plus some!

If we don't have something we can sure try to get it!

I use both, Tapatalk because of other forums not reefing related, but I find myself more on the mobile view! The privacy thing really isn't a selling point as Tapatalk is the least of someone's "privacy" concerns on the web. But it's a refreshing sign to hear that your concerned about others web privacy.. or is it that Tapatalk won't cut R2R a slice? Haha just kidding.

HAHA not quite! There's no slice to be had from TT. :p I just don't like having to give up privacy from a community, that we built, to someone else.

Bryson.bobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Also what is "subscription?" Is it subscribed threads?

That's one click away as well on our mobile version and then you choose if you want your subscribed threads or forums.

We have all the options TT has plus some!

If we don't have something we can sure try to get it!

HAHA not quite! There's no slice to be had from TT. :p I just don't like having to give up privacy from a community, that we built, to someone else.

I think this is what they were talking about. It’s basically “watched threads”, but on tt
IMG_5413.jpg

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
David,
Honestly I have used Tapatalk up until recent, but lately been using a mobile browser to surf R2R. Since your site upgrade it’s much better. We will all be fine!!! Thank you for keeping the forum fresh and exciting for all of us.

sam.veilleux30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... no tapatalk, sad news for me as this was the only way i was able to post pics.
Every time i tried on the website i have the message that the file is too big.
Will need to do some research to post pics in the future.
I get the reasons behind your decision and support it.

bigcheese

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone who is unsure of this just know that once you get used to the mobile site it 100% blows tapatalk out of the water. If anyone thinks it would help maybe we can start a thread for questions on the mobile site for those who are used to tapatalk to help the transition.
^^This.
I tolerated tapatalk for the old site version. The reponsive web design after the most recent facelift has a ton more going for it, even with its little quirks.
I certainly won't miss those go.redirecting.at URL rewrites tapatalk does, either.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well... no tapatalk, sad news for me as this was the only way i was able to post pics.
Every time i tried on the website i have the message that the file is too big.
Will need to do some research to post pics in the future.
I get the reasons behind your decision and support it.

I'll help you figure it out! We'll make sure to get you squared away! Can you try it now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back