The Reef2Reef Tapatalk App is going to be disabled soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorScott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question, since almost every picture I have ever uploaded has been through Tapatalk, when Tapatalk ends will all my pics be broken links?
Yes please answer this. If so that’s ok just give a heads up so we can go thru the build thread to save pics and repost under mobile.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ill work on the picture issue today! Also all photos that have been added to the forum will stay no worries on that.

Thanks everyone for being gentle on this. It was and is a very tough decision.

GatorScott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill work on the picture issue today! Also all photos that have been added to the forum will stay no worries on that.

Thanks everyone for being gentle on this. It was and is a very tough decision.
Honestly I loved tapatalk and definitely didnt voice my disappointment as much as I was to hear it was going. BUT, after using the mobile for a couple days now I’m getting used to it and really see how it’s better. It’s just a matter of getting used to it for the people that have only ever used tapatalk. I actually feel like I’m exposed to more threads and topics that for some reason I never saw thru tapatalk.

Long story short, the mobile is a lot different than what a long time tapatalk user is used to but I’m confident that once they get used to the mobile and where things are and see some of the benefits(like the hashtag follow that’s awesome) everything will be ok and they’ll enjoy it. Atleast that’s what’s happening for me, bummed at first but now especially when I’m seeing threads I’ve never seen and they have hundreds of reply’s lol it’s opening my eyes and I’m really beginning to enjoy it the more I get used to it.

klp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rev,
You made the right call for the members.

Thank you

Good move. I use duckduckgo as my internet search vehicle because they do not allow my info to be used by others. Before I used duckduckgo I had searched keto when I first learned of it out of curiosity. To the day I get 1 or more keto ads in my junk mail EVERY day. There are other aps that do the same thing besides what I use, some with pitfalls. Anyway I do not like being tracked and targeted for ads and appreciate what you are doing. Cudos!

Todd Jacobs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I know if im using taptalk app Im not up on all this computer stuff i have a iphone 8 plus but i have no clue about what app im using

GatorScott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I know if im using taptalk app Im not up on all this computer stuff i have a iphone 8 plus but i have no clue about what app im using
Do you go to an app called “safari” to get to the forum?

Or is the app an orange icon and says “tapatalk” under it?

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you tell me where this "participate" tab in on Tapatalk? How do you get to it.

To get to your "My Threads" or "My Posts" tabs from the R2R mobile is literally one click and then you choose threads or posts.

Can you tell me where this "participate" tab in on Tapatalk? How do you get to it.

To get to your "My Threads" or "My Posts" tabs from the R2R mobile is literally one click and then you choose threads or posts.
Participated is one of the main tabs in Tapatalk, under the chat option. It goes: Timeline, Unread, Subscribed, Participated.

Participated is a bit different from My Threads or My Posts as it lists each thread that I have commented on, in the order that they were least commented on. Lets me see what conversations are going on recently, that I engaged in already, but did not save or subscribe to.

Not sure if that makes sense. I can't seems to replicate that functionality on the mobile web app or on the desktop site.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have the same problem Rev, I can’t upload any pictures directly to the site. Says the file size is to big so following what you do to help. I only used Tapatalk for that purpose.

Can you try one of your images and if it does not work email it to me at [email protected] please so i can get this corrected?

Participated is one of the main tabs in Tapatalk, under the chat option. It goes: Timeline, Unread, Subscribed, Participated.

Participated is a bit different from My Threads or My Posts as it lists each thread that I have commented on, in the order that they were least commented on. Lets me see what conversations are going on recently, that I engaged in already, but did not save or subscribe to.

Not sure if that makes sense. I can't seems to replicate that functionality on the mobile web app or on the desktop site.

I could try to replicate it if I can understand it more. What makes it different from the "your posts" link?

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you try one of your images and if it does not work email it to me at [email protected] please so i can get this corrected?

I could try to replicate it if I can understand it more. What makes it different from the "your posts" link?
Just emailed it to you Rev, it said file size was 3.6mb on iPhone when sent. Just tried to upload and it says to big still

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like the "watched threads" except that you would need to automatically watch each thread you posted on.

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

"Your Posts" displays each of my posts individually (So one link for every comment I have made in this thread) while "Participated" shows which threads you have posted in, but only once each, sorted by most recent activity (So this thread would be linked only once).

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve just resent it and cc myself in and I have got it. Just check your spam filters aren’t pulling the picture out.

Got it and will be testing!

DangerDave

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way, the R2R web mobile app rocks, specially the dark version.

I’m glad I saw your post. I’ve been hating the forum since it changed recently. I found it hard to view. The dark version really makes it easier on the eyes, thanks!!!

BGrand

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @revhtree ;Happy. Good looking out. I use the app but am more than happy to let it go. Privacy is better. Already deleted the app and added the desktop.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m glad I saw your post. I’ve been hating the forum since it changed recently. I found it hard to view. The dark version really makes it easier on the eyes, thanks!!!
Welcome to the dark side! I use the dark mode exclusively! :cool:

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the dark side! I use the dark mode exclusively! :cool:
I figure you use the dark mode to keep people from seeing your build thread updates. ;Wideyed ;Troll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back