The Reef2Reef Tapatalk App is going to be disabled soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Your Posts" displays each of my posts individually (So one link for every comment I have made in this thread) while "Participated" shows which threads you have posted in, but only once each, sorted by most recent activity (So this thread would be linked only once).
Yes, the most recent activity is the big part, it shows that somebody posted in that thread I posted in recently, not just me. I dont have to watch the thread, its automagically in there without any interaction from me but posting.

So does Tapatalk have the ability to mine data from users who dont use the app?

We had this issue at work with a company changing privacy policy, we notified our customers what the change meant, in layman's terms... but didnt cut off the people who still chose to use it..

I also find it funny the stance is being taken about protecting privacy when you can link your Facebook account to this forum... and it and many other social media channels are required for participation in giveaways.

Does not seem to me to be a consistent message

Last edited:

Salthead007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of you use the R2R Tapatalk Branded App and Tapatalk App and we have tried to keep it working as long as possible. But I recently found out that the company who makes the app (Tapatalk) has started to store user information from forums and have begun to sell advertising based upon this information. We don't sell your info and we don't like the fact that we can't have control over that aspect to keep others from doing it. Another reason is that we like to have control over our community and we don't like some of the tactics used by Tapatalk to force us to comply with their methodology. They also will not support the full features of our forum and it leaves for an incomplete experience for some users at times.

As a result we have made the decision to remove Tapatalk support from R2R and unpublish our app.

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT OUR MOBILE VERSION BUT THE APP VERSION. YOU CAN STILL SURF R2R ON YOUR PHONE!

I realize there will be some of you who do not like this decision but based on my previous comments we have had to make this hard decision and we are going to stand by it. I wanted to make this announcement and give you time to make alternative plans, if you are a Tapatalk R2R surfer.

For now we do offer notifications to your phone if you have an Android device. Hopefully soon we will have this option for IOS devices as well.

Thanks for your understanding.

NOTE: YOU CAN SET UP R2R LIKE AN APP ON YOUR PHONE: To use R2R on your phone simple open your internet browser on your phone and type www.reef2reef.com. The following is a pictorial first for IOS devices and second for Android devices.

ios 1.jpg

ios 2.jpg

ios 3.jpg

and 1.jpg

and 2.jpg

and 3.jpg

Thank you and if you have any questions about how to set R2R up on your phone please let us know!

Rev, thank you for removing this thorn from my side! I never did like the format, but still used it for some of it’s conveniences. Good riddance!!

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far I don’t like this change, but I am not used to the mobile site. I do find it a little annoying that it was announced yesterday and support suddenly ended today, although it’s not like more notice would have changed anything in reality.

I find the mobile site harder to use than Tapatalk. There is a lot of junk on the screen. Look at the attached picture, two lines are posts in the thread, the rest is just junk cluttering my screen that I have to scroll through.

Is there a way to subscribe to certain sub-forums, and then get a feed of the new posts in those areas?

1875E11B-5DE0-4115-A273-B00C2B521D84.png

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far I don’t like this change, but I am not used to the mobile site. I do find it a little annoying that it was announced yesterday and support suddenly ended today, although it’s not like more notice would have changed anything in reality.

I find the mobile site harder to use than Tapatalk. There is a lot of junk on the screen. Look at the attached picture, two lines are posts in the thread, the rest is just junk cluttering my screen that I have to scroll through.

Is there a way to subscribe to certain sub-forums, and then get a feed of the new posts in those areas?

I found where my list of watched forums is, but how can I get to a page that has all the newly updated threads in those forums? I need a “new posts” page but only for the forums I watch/follow.

And it looks like I can not make a home screen icon unless I browse in Safari. Strike two...

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I miss endless scrolling

Replying is now a cluttered mess too

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of you use the R2R Tapatalk Branded App and Tapatalk App and we have tried to keep it working as long as possible. But I recently found out that the company who makes the app (Tapatalk) has started to store user information from forums and have begun to sell advertising based upon this information. We don't sell your info and we don't like the fact that we can't have control over that aspect to keep others from doing it. Another reason is that we like to have control over our community and we don't like some of the tactics used by Tapatalk to force us to comply with their methodology. They also will not support the full features of our forum and it leaves for an incomplete experience for some users at times.

As a result we have made the decision to remove Tapatalk support from R2R and unpublish our app.

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT OUR MOBILE VERSION BUT THE APP VERSION. YOU CAN STILL SURF R2R ON YOUR PHONE!

I realize there will be some of you who do not like this decision but based on my previous comments we have had to make this hard decision and we are going to stand by it. I wanted to make this announcement and give you time to make alternative plans, if you are a Tapatalk R2R surfer.

For now we do offer notifications to your phone if you have an Android device. Hopefully soon we will have this option for IOS devices as well.

NOTE: YOU CAN SET UP R2R LIKE AN APP ON YOUR PHONE: To use R2R on your phone simple open your internet browser on your phone and type www.reef2reef.com. The following is a pictorial first for IOS devices and second for Android devices.

ios 1.jpg

ios 2.jpg

ios 3.jpg

and 1.jpg

and 2.jpg

and 3.jpg

Thank you and if you have any questions about how to set R2R up on your phone please let us know!
No wonder!

HudsonReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly the app wasn’t very practical. Just to follow a thread or a member I found myself leaving the app to go the interwebs anyway. Is there any potential for a app in the future with all the functionality of the web based forum?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
And it looks like I can not make a home screen icon unless I browse in Safari. Strike two...
Not sure I understand. I made a home screen icon with Chrome.

Raptor72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried in chrome but was not given the “add to home screen” icon. I prefer Chrome also.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I tried in chrome but was not given the “add to home screen” icon. I prefer Chrome also.
Well, that's frustrating. I wonder if it's an iphone issue (assuming you're using iphone since you mentioned safari)

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ios 1.jpg

ios 2.jpg

ios 3.jpg

and 1.jpg

and 2.jpg

and 3.jpg

Kind of sad to see it go. It is actually how I found this community. But I get it and thanks for the setup process! Didn’t realize that was possible!! As always nice flow and transition! Stay true stay strong!!

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MyR2R app isn’t working for some reason. I am not able to log in and I know for sure my user name and password are right. Even the error message is weird. It says I am not logged in. So I can’t use “log in” while not logged in?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MyR2R app isn’t working for some reason. I am not able to log in and I know for sure my user name and password are right. Even the error message is weird. It says I am not logged in. So I can’t use “log in” while not logged in?
I'm pretty sure this is due to the app being phased out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back