The Reef2Reef Tapatalk App is going to be disabled soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe this was talked about but just got the R2R mobile app going on android.
is there a way up upload more on 1 photo at a time? TT just to be able to select many pics for upload.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
maybe this was talked about but just got the R2R mobile app going on android.
is there a way up upload more on 1 photo at a time? TT just to be able to select many pics for upload.

Yea should be able to just click multiple photos when you’re uploading!

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you manage to sort the picture uploads out @revhtree I can’t upload any of many ‘beautiful pictures’ yet (easily anyway)?

sam.veilleux30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes and I am working on a resolution. Those images are HUGE and we're having to do something that will resize them for you automatically. Most people don't upload images that big!
hi Rev, i found an app that can resize images without too much work.
Thanks for your help, do you still plan to add an automatic compression system on your site?

GatorScott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I would love to have one and it's not out of the question by no means. There are some hurdles though. Oh and I guess it's what you get used to because many people love the mobile and many people loved TT. Can't please everyone.
This!
Rev what you have put together for this hobby and community is simply amazing. To have an online platform to come together and read, learn, share and research about a hobby we all love without the foolishness that happens on 99.999% of other forums is priceless, we don’t have to worry about sifting thru useless posts of curse words and insults just to find something related to the topic and that’s amazing.

You do not have to even give an explanation to your decisions, but you choose to and not only that but involve the members input. You do a great job here and have truly put together a great site. Anyone complaining has not given it a fair shot or they are close minded to change, because the mobile is 100% better than TT ever was. I used TT from the beginning of its release to its current state and I can say that TT users are truly missing out(Atleast for R2R, I cannot speak for forums I haven’t used). The fact that there can be a thread that has hundreds of reply’s that never once came up in my trending/unread tab on TT is unbelievable. Everything is at a finger tip with mobile, alerts are so easily accessed, you know exactly when Anything has occurred with your name or posts. Following hashtags, the search, post pictures, etc all of which are smooth and flawless. Even the scrolling up and down posts when in a thread is super smooth without a stutter, TT stutters when you scroll. And don’t get me started about the articles, I didn’t even realize we had that?!?

You'd think from this post I was getting paid to say this or something lol but that is not the case. It’s simply better. It is WAY different than TT, TT doesn’t allow all these cool features or extras.It’s very vanilla and plain and honestly I don’t think you get exposed to all the info on a site when viewing it thru TT. So yes it’s a big change but until you have given the mobile a fair chance you should not complain because you will most likely come to the realization eventually that you’re wrong and you’ll like the mobile. The flip side is you’d find another forum but let’s be honest no one else on the web compares to R2R!

My rants over. Great job rev, keep it up, there’s way more of us that appreciate your hard work to keep this greAt place up and running for us than those that don’t appreciate it.

Last edited:

GOSKN5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the R2R mobile and placed it on my homescreen on my phone (samsung galaxy s7).. I unfollowed R2R on Tapatalk. However, now when I do a Google search and try to click on a result from R2R it tries to open in Tapatalk and says "not logged in or no permission" it gives me the option to open in browser, but when clicked comes back to Tapatalk with the same message...

Any ideas how to fix this? Can you set it to open Google results on the R2R app? Thanks for the help.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the R2R mobile and placed it on my homescreen on my phone (samsung galaxy s7).. I unfollowed R2R on Tapatalk. However, now when I do a Google search and try to click on a result from R2R it tries to open in Tapatalk and says "not logged in or no permission" it gives me the option to open in browser, but when clicked comes back to Tapatalk with the same message...

Any ideas how to fix this? Can you set it to open Google results on the R2R app? Thanks for the help.
That’s exactly what my iPad does as well, can’t log on or anything

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This!
Rev what you have put together for this hobby and community is simply amazing. To have an online platform to come together and read, learn, share and research about a hobby we all love without the foolishness that happens on 99.999% of other forums is priceless, we don’t have to worry about sifting thru useless posts of curse words and insults just to find something related to the topic and that’s amazing.

You do not have to even give an explanation to your decisions, but you choose to and not only that but involve the members input. You do a great job here and have truly put together a great site. Anyone complaining has not given it a fair shot or they are close minded to change, because the mobile is 100% better than TT ever was. I used TT from the beginning of its release to its current state and I can say that TT users are truly missing out(Atleast for R2R, I cannot speak for forums I haven’t used). The fact that there can be a thread that has hundreds of reply’s that never once came up in my trending/unread tab on TT is unbelievable. Everything is at a finger tip with mobile, alerts are so easily accessed, you know exactly when Anything has occurred with your name or posts. Following hashtags, the search, post pictures, etc all of which are smooth and flawless. Even the scrolling up and down posts when in a thread is super smooth without a stutter, TT stutters when you scroll. And don’t get me started about the articles, I didn’t even realize we had that?!?

You'd think from this post I was getting paid to say this or something lol but that is not the case. It’s simply better. It is WAY different than TT, TT doesn’t allow all these cool features or extras.It’s very vanilla and plain and honestly I don’t think you get exposed to all the info on a site when viewing it thru TT. So yes it’s a big change but until you have given the mobile a fair chance you should not complain because you will most likely come to the realization eventually that you’re wrong and you’ll like the mobile. The flip side is you’d find another forum but let’s be honest no one else on the web compares to R2R!

My rants over. Great job rev, keep it up, there’s way more of us that appreciate your hard work to keep this greAt place up and running for us than those that don’t appreciate it.
Wow! +100!!!! I agree I think Rev did a outstanding job answering questions, explaining what's happening, and why. Totally above and beyond!

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
but how does one "right" click on a mobile? are you talking about a press and hold? forgive my ignorance here.
no prob....I am learning too! LOL! I also have a Android phone.....soi click attach files....then a screen come up...it has camera and files. I click files, and my photo gallery is there. I then select the photos I want. When I say click I mean touch the option...... LOL.....

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
but how does one "right" click on a mobile? are you talking about a press and hold? forgive my ignorance here.
Oh also...yeah a press and hold....lol....for some reason I always say click....I use my phone for everything....I should know better!!!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This!

Change is hard but sometimes forces us to try something new and we end up liking it more. That being said it’s impossible to please everyone 100% of the time even though I’d like too.

I really do appreciate the kind words and insights!!!!

Thank you!!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Any way you could give me an example of a search where this is happening? Maybe a link and a screenshot?

flchamp89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the mobile app but it's not user friendly on a phone. Lots of features but I'm still struggling to navigate as well as I could on TT. I guess ill eventually figure it out. Lol

GOSKN5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any way you could give me an example of a search where this is happening? Maybe a link and a screenshot?

Any Google search that provides R2R results such as
Screenshot_20190817-075536_Chrome.jpg

Then it gives me this
Screenshot_20190817-075545.jpg

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

On Android:

Get to the app info for Tapatalk, most often done by pressing and holding on the icon choosing app info from your home screen.

SmartSelect_20190817-074202_Settings.jpg

Then choose set as default and in there make sure go to supported urls is set to either always ask or go to other app

SmartSelect_20190817-074221_Settings.jpg

After you do that, it will then prompt you and or go to your default browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back