The Reef2Reef Tapatalk App is going to be disabled soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCK_8814

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 89.5%
17   2   0
Any updates on an iOS app? Using the website on an apple device is not user friendly. Have gone from being on/browsing the forum almost hourly to only a time or two a day. This is also very inconvenient when it comes to receiving notifications on posts or for messages.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any updates on an iOS app? Using the website on an apple device is not user friendly. Have gone from being on/browsing the forum almost hourly to only a time or two a day. This is also very inconvenient when it comes to receiving notifications on posts or for messages.

Hate to hear this. For now it's all we got. Hope to make things easier as we go along for you.

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yes, there's an update.... GET AN ANDROID! Lol/jk

BlueDamselReef

Just keep swimming!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping this up....some haven't seen this and are wondering why they can't log in. :cool:
Thanks for the bump! Just saw it. Was wondering all last week why I couldn't log in to the app! Will get used to the mobile site. Thanks for notifying and looking out for us!

amazongb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, I hate to be a downer because I appreciate the R2R community so much.. but let’s face it, native apps on mobile are nice.. web on a phone blows.. glad to hear most everyone is plowing thru, but for me personally, I spent most of my time reading at night on my phone, and this new setup doesn’t work for me.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man, I hate to be a downer because I appreciate the R2R community so much.. but let’s face it, native apps on mobile are nice.. web on a phone blows.. glad to hear most everyone is plowing thru, but for me personally, I spent most of my time reading at night on my phone, and this new setup doesn’t work for me.

Sorry. Have you tried the dark mode?

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
huh? It’s not about dark or light mode, native apps on phone work better than web.

Yes I know but you mentioned surfing at night and I thought you meant the white bright! Sorry!

Orcus Varuna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yikes to do this without simultaneously releasing native apps is a tough one. I know that my participation will drop just because I don’t have the notifications to dinging my phone to prompt me to go look. The daily active threads email only goes so far. I hope you guys get a dedicated app up and running soon...

Orcus Varuna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So true. I'll do anything to avoid using a browser on my phone.

Couldn’t agree more, the mobile browser experience is terrible. Even though tapatalk had a confusing interface and was buggy most of the time it’s still a far better experience even before you take native notifications into account. Once again I understand why this is being done and do not love tapatalks shady business I’m just sad my participation will decrease simply because r2r will be out of sight out of mind...

rock_lobster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I miss the app. It was so nice to see pics with the forum posts. Especially for buying and selling.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man I miss the app. It was so nice to see pics with the forum posts. Especially for buying and selling.

We have a brand new market that’s going to put that to shame! Hang tight!

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the app makes it easier to look at all forums in one platform. i just wish this was easier but i use to come on here daily but now i hardly come in since i don’t see the thread i was following unless i login to this forum

Last edited:

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if this was already answered, but are we going to be looking into other forum apps? I too practically never use the browser version

glennf

DSR Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I completely missed this.
That's why could not login for a while now.

What a Pitty, now i need to get used to the forum interface on a mobile screen and find a way to post highres pictures in a easy manner.

Testing pic's
20190817_133738.jpg
20190817_231742.jpg

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I completely missed this.
That's why could not login for a while now.

What a Pitty, now i need to get used to the forum interface on a mobile screen and find a way to post highres pictures in a easy manner.

Testing pic's
20190817_133738.jpg
20190817_231742.jpg

Sure sure... "Testing pics" not showing off your tank at all. Pretty soon you'll be "testing" shots of your display, fuge.. Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 41 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.1%
Back