The ReefBot!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
art1.jpg

Reefing is a deeply rewarding hobby. Nothing beats watching a piece of the ocean live and grow right in your living room or bedroom! It’s a feeling most people outside the community will never understand. It’s not an easy hobby, requiring immense effort and diligence. But having a successful reef tank doesn’t have to be so difficult and time-consuming; not if you own a Reefbot.

The Reefbot is an automatic water testing device that monitors your reef tank, running tests periodically and sending you real-time updates via mobile or web app. Reefbot tracks seven parameters, namely: Alkalinity, Calcium, Magnesium, Nitrate, Phosphate, Nitrite, and Ammonia. We are working on adding more parameters as we speak, and what’s really cool is that you don’t need to always buy the latest version of the Reefbot every time it gets an upgrade… No, Your Reefbot will automatically be upgraded through software updates initiated by the company.

Reefbot doesn’t only allow you to track more parameters than any other automatic water testing device out there; it also affords you the most convenience. You alone determine when the tests should run and the results reported back to you via the app, without the restraints and unnecessary conditions present in other devices. We want to give you more control and flexibility, not tell you what to do!

Unlike other devices that just spit out a number, the Reefbot keeps reefing fun by also showing you the color obtained from every drop of titration, in addition to the original reagent manufacturer chart. It does this by using the same traditional reagent test kits that are used for manual testing. Consequently, the test results received from the Reefbot are as accurate as the test kits.

Are you concerned about the Reefbot malfunctioning or not working? No need to worry. Whatever happens to your Reefbot, we can fix it; whether it’s hardware, software, or just some calibration issues, we can solve it all. It goes without saying that this is all part and parcel of Reef Kinetics’ customer service.

Currently, we are working on developing a fully functional doser that would be complementary to the Reefbot. This would render reefing an even more convenient hobby, by enabling it to automatically take action based on the results of the parameter testing.

If you are still not convinced that the Reefbot is awesome, please tell us why by emailing us at [email protected].
We would really love to hear your thoughts!

Download the Reef Kinetics Cloud Controller App:

apple-store.png google-play.png

doodledreads

View Badges
Reaction score
I have had my Reefbot for 45 days now and have been running it almost daily. I measure Alk, Ca, Phosphates and Nitrates. I am very impressed with it and it definitely has completely changed my Reefing experience. For a busy reefer like me who tends to procrastinate a lot when it comes to tank maintenance and testing, this has been a boon! I have always had problems with my nutrients being either too much or too little; Reefbot is helping me at least try to address this problem slow and steady.

I highly recommend the product to any one thinking of automating their testing. Reef Kinetics is also very responsive, helpful and actively take advise from it's user base. I hope they continue their excellent work and keep refining and building new products. I am definitely looking forward to the integrated doser.

@Reef Kinetics , what other products are in your pipeline? Reefbot with a built in full fledged aquarium controller? :p

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
I have had my Reefbot for 45 days now and have been running it almost daily. I measure Alk, Ca, Phosphates and Nitrates. I am very impressed with it and it definitely has completely changed my Reefing experience. For a busy reefer like me who tends to procrastinate a lot when it comes to tank maintenance and testing, this has been a boon! I have always had problems with my nutrients being either too much or too little; Reefbot is helping me at least try to address this problem slow and steady.

I highly recommend the product to any one thinking of automating their testing. Reef Kinetics is also very responsive, helpful and actively take advise from it's user base. I hope they continue their excellent work and keep refining and building new products. I am definitely looking forward to the integrated doser.

@Reef Kinetics , what other products are in your pipeline? Reefbot with a built in full fledged aquarium controller? :p
Thanks for this amazing review!

We are working on so many things that we will reveal soon!
The doser will be available around end of the year.

Happy Reefing!

Style68

View Badges
Reaction score
I own two ReefBots and have been very happy with them. The ReefBot is very accurate, consistent and reliable. It has helped me tremendously when I am away from home which is very often. I also use the GHL KH Director and though it can be accurate, it is a pain to keep it consistent especially after connecting a new reagent bottle. I dose new saltwater back into the tank for every test the ReefBot runs in order to keep salinity consistent (works great for me).

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I own two ReefBots and have been very happy with them. The ReefBot is very accurate, consistent and reliable. It has helped me tremendously when I am away from home which is very often. I also use the GHL KH Director and though it can be accurate, it is a pain to keep it consistent especially after connecting a new reagent bottle. I dose new saltwater back into the tank for every test the ReefBot runs in order to keep salinity consistent (works great for me).
I travel often as well. The RB is a crucial tool in running a successful tank for me.

New Jersey REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
I have placed an order today for reefbot, Red Sea alk test, tropic marine nitrates test and Red Sea phosphates.
Will I be able to add any other test having those three already ?

Exciting, can’t wait to get my reefbot!

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have placed an order today for reefbot, Red Sea alk test, tropic marine nitrates test and Red Sea phosphates.

API Ca is what I run, that’s a great test, very good performance as well as price.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score

Yes, you can test 4 more parameters :)

Check the tests section on our homepage for more info. https://www.reefkinetics.com/

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
Have you enable to calculate how much tank water is taken per test? I was going to put water in a beaker and measure how much it takes but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I've been very happy with mine and it's primarily focused on nitrate and phosphate. I too tend to be away from my tanks for days or a week at a time

New Jersey REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Yes, you can test 4 more parameters :)

Check the tests section on our homepage for more info. https://www.reefkinetics.com/

Thanks for reply, here is what I’ve got so far...

Reefbot Tests (12 vials)

Red Sea - phosphates (2 vials) 12-2=10

Red Sea - alkalinity (1 vial) 10-1=9

Tropic Marin - Nitrates (3 vials) 9-3=6

Red Sea - Magnesium (3 vials) 6-3=3

API - calcium (2 vials) 3-2=1 vial left

What can I use last vial for?

Thanks

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks for reply, here is what I’ve got so far...

Reefbot Tests (12 vials)

Red Sea - phosphates (2 vials) 12-2=10

Red Sea - alkalinity (1 vial) 10-1=9

Tropic Marin - Nitrates (3 vials) 9-3=6

Red Sea - Magnesium (3 vials) 6-3=3

API - calcium (2 vials) 3-2=1 vial left

What can I use last vial for?

Thanks
Sorry to say but I only has 8 spots for vials not 12. It comes with extra vials.

I have alk (1), ca (2), nitrate (3) and phosphate (2) for a total of 8 in mine.

mfollen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
When the larger vials are released, will those be compatible with the existing reefbot models? Or will a newer reefbot or modifications to existing units be required to accommodate the larger vial size?

New Jersey REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Sorry to say but I only has 8 spots for vials not 12. It comes with extra vials.

I have alk (1), ca (2), nitrate (3) and phosphate (2) for a total of 8 in mine.
Thanks for heads up, I have ordered api cal test kit. Here is what I’m planning to test for

Reefbot (8 vials)
RS - phosphates (2 vials) 8-2=6
I’ll be testing phosphates once per day for a month to see the trend.

RS - alkalinity (1 vial) 6-1=5
Since I’m running calcium reactor I will be testing 4 times per day for the first two weeks. Then I’m planning to scale it down to 2 times per day based on stability.

Tropic Marin - Nitrates (3 vials) 5-3=2
Once per day for a month to see the trend.

API - calcium (2 vials) 2-2=0
Once per day for first two weeks, then I may scale it down to once every three days.

Magnesium I’m planning to test manually once per week.

Is this what most people do for testing in their reef tanks with reefbot ?

Style68

View Badges
Reaction score
Have you enable to calculate how much tank water is taken per test? I was going to put water in a beaker and measure how much it takes but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I've been very happy with mine and it's primarily focused on nitrate and phosphate. I too tend to be away from my tanks for days or a week at a time
I did not do accurate water usage measurements for each test so I guesstimated 1/4 cup. It's not accurate but at least my salinity is always on check and I also add in the water my skimmer removes.

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks for heads up, I have ordered api cal test kit. Here is what I’m planning to test for

Reefbot (8 vials)
RS - phosphates (2 vials) 8-2=6
I’ll be testing phosphates once per day for a month to see the trend.

RS - alkalinity (1 vial) 6-1=5
Since I’m running calcium reactor I will be testing 4 times per day for the first two weeks. Then I’m planning to scale it down to 2 times per day based on stability.

Tropic Marin - Nitrates (3 vials) 5-3=2
Once per day for a month to see the trend.

API - calcium (2 vials) 2-2=0
Once per day for first two weeks, then I may scale it down to once every three days.

Magnesium I’m planning to test manually once per week.

Is this what most people do for testing in their reef tanks with reefbot ?

As far as which tests and brands that's exactly what I have. Although I just played with the elos alkalinity as well.

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
When the larger vials are released, will those be compatible with the existing reefbot models? Or will a newer reefbot or modifications to existing units be required to accommodate the larger vial size?
I plan on talking to them about this at Macna this weekend, I will share anything I learn

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
I plan on talking to them about this at Macna this weekend, I will share anything I learn
first off, they were great to talk to even more excited about the product after talking to them. Current vials are 20 ml & there will be smaller and larger. The larger being 40ml and they will fit in the current bot.

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
I did not do accurate water usage measurements for each test so I guesstimated 1/4 cup. It's not accurate but at least my salinity is always on check and I also add in the water my skimmer removes.

So today I ran a Elos Alk & API Ca test from water in a beaker and they both took ~100ml of water from the beaker. I will run it later for tropic marin nitrate and red sea phosphate and report back how much it uses for each of them as well.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back