The resplendent Bkchem Jumanji

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! Are these acropora speciosa ? If so, its nice to see something other than a tenuis. Not that I don't like tenuis, but variety is nice.

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! Are these acropora speciosa ? If so, its nice to see something other than a tenuis. Not that I don't like tenuis, but variety is nice.
These are not Speciosa. Was talking with Ratha, he said someone did an article on them labeling them as speciosa. He said they're definitely wrong. He runs through thousands of pcs. Of coral and has no clue what species they are. Pretty sure he monopolized them here in the United States of America.

I can say if you have seen these in person all other corals will not be as satisfying.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he doesn’t know what they are then it doesn’t make sense he knows they are wrong (I am guessing reef builders did the article). Pretty sure people have been labeling them as “deepwater tenuis” which seems even more wrong than the speciosa ID imo, which I think is so close I wouldn’t even try finding another ID.
I think I offended him when I tried to start a conversation on another thread about it. I think he was offended by me mentioning the fact that the “deepwater tenuis” ID is a real easy way to sell the frags since everyone wants tenuis these days, and I was just being straight not trying to be rude.
Either way these pieces are some nice ones but I will wait til prices come down to put them in my tank and just enjoy everyone’s nice pics :)

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he doesn’t know what they are then it doesn’t make sense he knows they are wrong (I am guessing reef builders did the article). Pretty sure people have been labeling them as “deepwater tenuis” which seems even more wrong than the speciosa ID imo, which I think is so close I wouldn’t even try finding another ID.
I think I offended him when I tried to start a conversation on another thread about it. I think he was offended by me mentioning the fact that the “deepwater tenuis” ID is a real easy way to sell the frags since everyone wants tenuis these days, and I was just being straight not trying to be rude.
Either way these pieces are some nice ones but I will wait til prices come down to put them in my tank and just enjoy everyone’s nice pics :)
They’re definitely not a Tenuis. Every experienced acro id’er says they are speciosa, which I agree with.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re definitely not a Tenuis. Every experienced acro id’er says they are speciosa, which I agree with.

Shoot at this point if they were tenuis they wouldn’t be as nice, with so many amazing different variants coming from indo and some from Australia, if they were tenuis they would be almost boring at this point. Either way I can’t wait to have one in my tank one day I love the flame like polyps!

jimc40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200119_193736.jpg
20200119_193846.jpg
20200119_152551.jpg

Not sure which one was Jumanji. But this is a pack I made for someone that was never able to ship out.
Is this pack for sale?

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's pretty, I'd like for someone to put the SBB Half Baked on the same plug and see what happens. I'd be surprised if they weren't the same coral.
Pretty sure SBB got these from bkchem. I think half baked is one similar to Jumanji. I think Ratha called that one mermaid. Can't remember.

Shane has his High priced marketing scheme. So he changes the names where he can.

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoever you get it from. It's worth what you pay. No matter how big, it will be an instant favorite. It is difficult to keep. For this reason many have lost it. And it's not a comon coral that just comes in on every shipment from Malaysia. Anyone waiting on a price drop, might be waiting a long while

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How's Jumanji PE? Half Bake is a little picky on too clean of water. I think it's going to be my canary for nutrients.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back