!!!THE RESULTS ARE IN!!!! CONTEST WINNERS ANNOUNCED NOW!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok guys…. So here’s my final decision on this one - and thanks again for everyone’s contributions. See thread in case you missed it. It was extremely cool to see the creativity flow from all of you. Everyone deserves an honorable mention, for sure, for contributing – making the decision that much harder - I promise you that!

After thoughtful consideration, I have decided to award two prizes! One is the one I chose and the second is for the crowd favorite - as the two are not aligned as one I’m afraid.

The official winner I have chosen for the “Corpse of Helltrollsmen man “drawing contest goes to .……..(drumroll please)……… - Chknsamich - for this amazing work.

9sAEbHD_zps36cuqagw.jpg

I find this drawing to be outstanding and among all the entries best captures the image or idea one might associate with a word or name like “Helltrollsmen Man”. Congratulations Chknsamich for creating an amazing piece of work.

The Second Prize and winner of the peoples choice award is ………(drumroll please)…… BPS619 who’s equally impressive visage won by a near landslide.

Screen20Shot202016-09-2720at204.34.1920PM_zps0n1yre0w.png

So, here is where I am coming from with this one - being the hopelessly picky stickler that I am. The two winners are both exceptional artwork pieces to me. In fact, I want to hire both of you to work up some images for other corals in my collection and do a series of t-shirts sometime in the future - if your interested. Of the two chosen, one is essentially “serious” and the other is what I’d call ”fun”. Now, I love zany, and in most cases some genuine campiness will win me over every time. The more ridicules the better. I mean, I named this coral “The Corpse of Helltrollsmen man”, which in and of itself can’t get any more ridiculous. However, as much as I have tried to agree with the majority of you, when I really look at BPS’s work, I just don’t relate the image to a word like “Helltrollsmen man”. I’m afraid the connection just isn’t there for me and that is not to take away from the quality of the drawing. I mean I love it - but just couldn’t put it ahead of CHk’s hyper menacing coral horned beast. That’s Art! Everyone sees different things and interprets it different than the artist. If I really had to get critical (which I did extensively in order to pick winner), I would have been really impressed if someone went as far as to give me some indicator that our hero was dead, confirming the “corpse of” predication. As simple as X’s over the eyes, or a just flat out lifeless being would have been a bulls eye in my opinion. What can I say, I am a cheeseball.

So, I am not going to delve any deeper than that. The whole thing was enormously fun seeing what you guys came up with. I am grateful to everyone who submitted a drawing and have been following along!

@Chknsamich and @Bps619 - I congratulate you and thank you for your efforts. Please contact me anytime and we will go over some details of your prizes.

Last edited:

Lonny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both of you have killer artistic talent! I hope you both take Adam's offer and turn out some killer t-shirts and stickers! I'm already in line to buy em[emoji38]congrats to both of you!!!!

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats to the winners and thanks Adam for the opportunity, it was a good time.

bruleyii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like there's going to be some fun sticker packs in the future. Good news. I love stickers. I guess the child in me never left.

Chknsamich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks adamn! I was considering having the art more undead-like and popping out of a coffin lol.

I'm definitely interested in working on other projects you may have in the future.

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eek!!! I'm just finding this thread now and I LOVE this contest idea! Wish there were more like this on here! How fun!! Beautiful artwork as well!:)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back